Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

2013 WinnWell Catalogue

Are any of the Winnwell sticks copies/similar to the old TPS sticks? Only asking because of the Winnwell prostock and TPS R8 gloves sharing the same design.

No, they do not share specs with TPS sticks, they are more up to date designs and made off shore. The TPS off shore stick product was not all that good.

That ship sailed a long time ago. That said, the gloves are fantastic. I have been using them for over a year and they are holding up very well.

I don't have any doubt, if they are anything like the 2008ish version of the TPS R8, they are fantstic gloves. I'm definitely going to look into a pair.

What are the differences between the stick lines?

Is there only going to be the GX4 in the shin/shoulder/elbows? Will the older models carry over?

Those new color options are absolutely salivating...

Is there only going to be the GX4 in the shin/shoulder/elbows? Will the older models carry over?

Answered by Richard below

Edited by Chadd

Chad,

Do the gloves fit like the original R8, or the updated "tapered" version that came out in 2011?

If they fit like to the original R8/HGT, I'll be ordering a few pairs of the navy!

Edited by Justin Liedloff

I wish they wouldn't have referred to everything as pro stock.

Thanks for the note.....I know that sometimes the term PRO STOCK is confusing - the interesting piece is that Winnwell Hockey ( well before the current management team) had the foresight to register the name " PRO STOCK" as a registered trade mark.

Great question....

The AMP Series sticks are designed with a longer taper by having us switch over to a spear type construction at the fuse area. Click on the link to learn a little more about not only the AMP series but the entire composite stick lineup.

Protective - We are re-working our mid level and top level protective series - watch the for reveal in 2014

GX4 gloves - glad you liked the colors - coupled with a great value story / extended in stock sizes (10" to 15") and the NXT odor management technology - we look to build on the positive momentum in the weeks / months to come.

Chad,

Do the gloves fit like the original R8, or the updated "tapered" version that came out in 2011?

If they fit like to the original R8/HGT, I'll be ordering a few pairs of the navy!

They are like the R8 pro, the one with the nash/digital palm. They are holding their shape/structure much better than my original spec R8s did. Sorry for the delay in the pic, I got it last night but I'm trying to find a cable so I can upload the pic.

They are like the R8 pro, the one with the nash/digital palm. They are holding their shape/structure much better than my original spec R8s did. Sorry for the delay in the pic, I got it last night but I'm trying to find a cable so I can upload the pic.

Chadd,

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately, the original R8 and the 2011 "tapered" R8 were the exact design, including the digital overlay in the palm. Would you consider the fit to be more like a Bauer 4 Roll, or the Bauer Vapor? The original R8 had a a lot of volume, like the 4 Roll, but the "tapered" R8 was a much tighter fit.

Thanks again.

The new Amp sticks have a great look to them. What are the price points going to be? And I assume the OV8 curve is a special order? Hard to tell from the catalog but it doesn't look as extreme as most Ovechkin clone curves.

The new Amp sticks have a great look to them. What are the price points going to be? And I assume the OV8 curve is a special order? Hard to tell from the catalog but it doesn't look as extreme as most Ovechkin clone curves.

The AMP series will range from $229.99 ( AMP1100) to $119.99 (AMP 700) - depending of your local retailers " generosity".

The OV8 curve is not offered on the AMP series but can still be found on the PRO STOCK Team stick, Send us an email and we will send you close up pictures of the OV8 curve.

Edited by Chappy55

I have had a pair of the Pro Stock gloves for a few months now. 13" fit me nice and snug and are holding up very well. A+!

I didn't see anyone ask about this yet but any clue on the date/month the pro stock gloves are dropping?

wondering the same thing, need to replace my R8's soon....

Sorry to hijack this thread with more of a TPS question, but I saw some reference to the quality declining after Sher-Wood off-shored production - was this in reference to sticks, gloves, or both?

I like the design of the TPS R8/R10/WinnWell Pro Stock gloves.

Does anyone know how the last iteration of the TPS R10 compares to the R8's everyone seemed to love, and the new WinnWells? There is a pair of nice-looking R10's at a local sports apparel store that decided to dabble in equipment and had my eye on them. These: http://www.sher-wood.com/en/products/protective/glove-r10