Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beerleaguecaptain

Easton E28 - You Tube Video Promo

It's essentially the Kreps, yeah? In the case they really didn't have to work much on it all they had to do was put it on a retail stick. I'm looking forward to it so I don't have to go searching for a PS one anymore. Hard to find a Letang for a reasonable price.

Is it only going to be available on the Mako line for 2013?

Looking at the 2013 calendar, it appears that the E28 will only be available on a single stick, the top of the line Mako. I'm sure it'll become available on way more sticks if it sells well on the Mako, though.

I like the fact that Easton isn't only coming out with a new curve, they are also putting marketing behind it. I really hope this is successful for them. I really liked my Gionta curve but I am hesitant to try another toe curve unless I know it will be on the market for a while.

To my eye, when I compared the E28 to the Gionta, he E28's toe curve appeared to be about the same depth Gionta curve except the E28 lays open.

It's a shame they aren't opening it to the full lineup right away. Would love to try it out but not for that price tag.

Couldn't agree more I just wish it was in a tapered blade, although i bit the bullet and bought a Mako 2 more or less just for the curve.

Couldn't agree more I just wish it was in a tapered blade, although i bit the bullet and bought a Mako 2 more or less just for the curve.

That's exactly what they want from people like yourself; it's textbook pull marketing.

I'm thinking that if Easton put that curve on a lower end stick or a blade, the interest generated from their marketing campaign (pretty unique, I've never seen a campaign based around a curve before) would have consumers go for those instead; taking away the potential sales from their flagship Mako. Instead, they're gambling that enough people will be interested in the curve alone to 'bite the bullet' and go for the top-end model.

Easton knows that toe curves haven't been popular in retail, hence the ad campaign with an educational focus.

That's exactly what they want from people like yourself; it's textbook pull marketing.

I'm thinking that if Easton put that curve on a lower end stick or a blade, the interest generated from their marketing campaign (pretty unique, I've never seen a campaign based around a curve before) would have consumers go for those instead; taking away the potential sales from their flagship Mako. Instead, they're gambling that enough people will be interested in the curve alone to 'bite the bullet' and go for the top-end model.

Easton knows that toe curves haven't been popular in retail, hence the ad campaign with an educational focus.

It works. I have loved this curve since the first "Kreps" popped up on PSHG. I even rocked wood blades for a while and curved them into a Kreps style curve. For a person that shoots off the toe on the fly it's a perfect curve. Bringing it to retail is great IMO and it well take off unlike the Gionta or other Toe style curves, as is it's not all that different from the Sakic pattern IMO just a more pronounced toe. Anyways that's my two cents.

IMHO it's quite different. I use Sakic clones regularly and tried the E28 at WinterFest.

IMHO this is just a Sakic/Hall with marketing.

IMHO it's quite different. I use Sakic clones regularly and tried the E28 at WinterFest.

When you compare it to the Hall/Sakic its not a huge difference. I have used the Crazy Ovi pattern and hated it coming from the E3 pattern. However , I just picked up the e28 and i like it much better then the ovi or even the gionta. Im not sure what it was with the W10 that i didn't like maybe the lie but i just feel that the E28 is just an improved E3.

IMHO this is just a Sakic/Hall with marketing.

Not quite there chief, you obviously never used it. It's similar yes but not the same.

The E28 makes the Gionta look small. The e28 is almost identical to my prostock SPezza's as far as curve shape. The rocker is more aggressive and the toe shape is round vs. square on the Spezza. So essentially it looks like a lot of the Kovalchuk pro stocks i have seen. Too me it looks nothing, shoots nothing, and stick handles nothing like a sakic. Once I got the mechanics down it made for a cannon on wrist and snap shots. Slap Shots are low rockets if you shoot from the heel and ring ring the crossbar when you shoot from the toe.Pretty freakin amazing if you ask me. The stick probably has a lot to do with that though as well. Puck feel is great and the puck really sticks to the blade when receiving hard passes.

skyscrape

I can't u PM, u PM if full :)

Hi, can u make some pictures E28 compare to P14 and P08? How Mako2 flexpoint compare to Nexus, it's the same?

Thanks

it looks like a kovalchuk pro or a vrbata pro to me.. I may be wrong though as I haven't seen it.

You are right.

KOT, I no longer own a p14 or p08. But it is closer to some Kovalchuk Pro stocks than any ovechkin curves to me.

skyscrape
I can't u PM, u PM if full :)
Hi, can u make some pictures E28 compare to P14 and P08? How Mako2 flexpoint compare to Nexus, it's the same?
ThanksHi, can u make some pictures E28 compare to P14 and P08? How Mako2 flexpoint compare to Nexus, it's the same?
Thanks

I rarely comment on things like this, however, please put a little more effort into being more easily understood. We have people on this site from around the world and translating can be difficult enough without that kind of stuff.

Hmm. I like the idea. I use the P88 and shot with the toe of blade. Seems I would like the focus Easton has placed on the lie of the stick. My problem is that the curves I liked were the Sakic/Hall(?) and Modano and those don't translate well to the Lindros/Kane. I would consider testing out a twig or two. Nice vid.

I haven't used the BC10. But from what I see on the Base website I don't believe it's similar to the E28.

bc10 is a bc01 but with a taller blade. so no... it isn't like the bc10.