Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beerleaguecaptain

Easton E28 - You Tube Video Promo

Just got my E28 Mako II. Its a very nice stick. The flex feels softer than the original mako (At least in the 75) when I flexed it in my house, so just something to note. Really looking forward to trying this stick/curve this weekend as I really like the Crazy Ovi, but it was just a bit too curved and open.

If? I put the over/under for it appearing for sale at 5 days.

Don't have rink time for another few days, so pay up Buzz.

And my biggest issue is finding something that has good whip. I like the whip of an intermediate, but not the small shaft shape. Hence why not much works out for me. Every company has stiffened up their Senior whip flexes. And why does it matter? It's my equipement, and I can do what I wish with it.

That translates into 4-days...

And lighten up Francis

That translates into 4-days...

And lighten up Francis

nothing like the bc01.

bc10 is a bc01 but with a taller blade. so no... it isn't like the bc10.

How is it Different? Could you Explain?

The way I describe the BC01 is the bottom edge of the blade is like a Sakic/P92 curve shape while the top of the blade is like a Gionta curve shape. So you have a pretty straight heel and then it opens up pretty drastically at the toe. I hope that makes sense. The E28/Kreps is often described as being similar to a Sakic/P92 but more toe added to it.

The way I describe the BC01 is the bottom edge of the blade is like a Sakic/P92 curve shape while the top of the blade is like a Gionta curve shape. So you have a pretty straight heel and then it opens up pretty drastically at the toe. I hope that makes sense. The E28/Kreps is often described as being similar to a Sakic/P92 but more toe added to it.

That's true if you're comparing the two curves while holding them at this angle:

4947109.jpg?335

However, if you compare the lie/rocker, you notice more differences. The E28 has a substantially lower lie, with a reasonably different rocker in general.

That's true if you're comparing the two curves while holding them at this angle:

4947109.jpg?335

However, if you compare the lie/rocker, you notice more differences. The E28 has a substantially lower lie, with a reasonably different rocker in general.

I've never owned the E28, only a pro Kreps so i was just giving a broad discription. Thank you for going more in depth with it though!

I was lucky enough to win a stick with the E28 pattern so took a few pictures comparing the profile to Warrior Smyth and Gionta blades as well as the curve to the Smyth blade (someone already compared the curve to the Gionta in the show it off thread and my blade wasn't in a shaft so I didn't take a picture of those two curves together).

p1040452j.th.jpg

E28, Warrior Smyth, Warrior Gionta

p1040446a.th.jpg

E28, Warrior Smyth, Warrior Gionta

p1040443af.th.jpg

E28, Warrior Smyth

p1040442g.th.jpg

Warrior Smyth, E28

sorry, it doesn't make sense to me, as I've always considered the bc01 as a kreps curve, and so is the e28.

Kreps/E28 is very different from the Hossa pro (BC01) which looks like this:

685A2A58-D009-4FF0-A45C-BACAD966E2B2-101

Here's a crappy pic of the Kreps/E28:

806650DC-FCB6-4AB5-91A8-BDD58183B77F-142

sorry, it doesn't make sense to me, as I've always considered the bc01 as a kreps curve, and so is the e28.

That would be incorrect

can anyone post pics comparing e28 to sakic? i really wanna see the difference in rockers/lie, i love the lie an rocker of sakic but the bigger curve just looks so nice!

can anyone post pics comparing e28 to sakic? i really wanna see the difference in rockers/lie, i love the lie an rocker of sakic but the bigger curve just looks so nice!

The lie and rocker are both different on the E28

That you consider two very different curves to be the same

fair enough, I take that back then

so its not a kreps?:/

It is pretty much the same curve that you saw on pro stock sticks that was labeled as having the Kreps curve. They had to give it a set rocker and lie for the retail patterns. Pros have the luxury of being able to control, and change, those factors.

It is pretty much the same curve that you saw on pro stock sticks that was labeled as having the Kreps curve. They had to give it a set rocker and lie for the retail patterns. Pros have the luxury of being able to control, and change, those factors.

i thought generally the kreps had the same lie an rocker as a sakic, im not that familiar with it tho so i coulda been wrong, does the lie an rocker play very different or is it pretty minor?