Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

New TPS stick ;)

i've tried the vector/synergy's/XN10/apollo/and 3 hespeler OPS's i don't think anything has come close to the balance of the XN10's... though i haven't tried the vapor yet...

Why should weight be such a big factor?

Keep in mind, they added Kevlar to the mix.

Weight should be a factor because it is THE main selling point of every piece of hockey gear today. TPS adding weight is strange when every other company's high end stick is shaving weight. If we are talking $200+, I still think all the young'ens are going to grab the Stealth. I think that will be a hard sale unless this stick gets a Vapor XX-esque skate following with the pros.

And by adding kevlar, isn't TPS admitting that kevlar is stronger than XN10. Direct from tpshockey.com "XN10 amorphous carbon fibre enhances shaft strength while reducing weight "

Not necessarily.

People are more driven on price and durability than weight.

They can use that angle. The XN10 will still be around.

The XN10 was used to keep the weight down while still making it strong/durable. Kevlar is stronger, but heavier. Personally, having a OPS with kevlar wrap that only weighs 415 sounds pretty good to me. Not that it matters.... at $200+, I won't be buying one.

Come on, you know Tahir love the kids...

Tahir has gone from fan-friendly favourite to crochety veteran pugilist. He doesn't like to sign or stop for fans anymore. I'm surprised he did this in the first place, but I guess he's got nothing better to do and it's good PR.

There was a really good picture of the stick in this mornings 24 Hours magazine. 24 Hours is some crummy free magazine that they have on the TTC.

Yeeeee TTC represent! :P I hate the TTC. And GO transit. So fuckin' unreliable.

I like the Metro better...

Is it just me or does that stick look way ugly from the pic?

My response + and XN10 look way better!

The graphics on the XN10 look like crap after you use it once or twice.

Is it just me or does that stick look way ugly from the pic?

My response + and XN10 look way better!

The graphics on the XN10 look like crap after you use it once or twice.

i second that..my R2 xn10 after 2-3 week of use is getting pretty crap...!!

probably the best pic yet

51837556.jpg

off topic, but can us regular everyday joes custom order the skates domi has on in this pic?

'99 852's I believe?

drool..........