Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FunkyDish

What flex are you using?

5'7" 125 lbs

I use 85 flex sticks (accident) but I'm always on the lookout for cheap 75 flex sticks.

And my stick comes up to under my nose IN skates.

6'-0" 165 lbs

77 flex

60" length

I've played with 85 flex, and shorter/longer lengths, but I feel like the lighter flex and the 60" is perfect for me.

6' 210lbs

100 flex eastons mostly extended 2" to my eyebrows on my feet and my nose on skates.

Players tend to underestimate how important flex actually is.

Jesus, seeing all these posted makes me think I need to rethink my flex but it's worked for me since god was a boy.

I always thought I was an 85 flex until I came to MSH. Started reading and learning... turns out 75 is for me.

I recall you saying you cut your sticks, so technically you use a flex somewhere between 80-85 (75 flex stick that is cut).

This is true. Right now I'm playing with a Warrior shaft and I believe that, even after cutting, it remains a 75flex rating. And I really like it.

5'3
120lbs

60 flex bauer (cut down 4-5") so around 72 flex range according to the markings

55 flex warrior dt1 (cut down 7-8"), feels like 70 flex

Would like to try a stealth rs/rs2 or rbz in a 60 flex as these sticks feel stiffer at full length vs my cut down sticks.

5'11" 172lbs (hopefully bulking)

Dolomite, Dynasty, 11K all 75 cut between chin and Adam's apple.

Since the reebok is stiffer than rated, and I still get a decent shot off, would it be safe to assume similar results with an 85 in other brands?

6'0 180,

I use 100 flex at standard length or an 87 cut down 2+ inches (which is easily 95-100 anyway).