Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bauer APXR2

im shocked that they dont have the catalog up on this site yet. The new pants look ugly but there more like a ice pants lose at the top tigh at the shins.

They're pretty sick. I've got a pair in my hands right now. I was already a fan of the APX2 as well as Revision wheels so it's a great combo, especially for me. Somewhat disappointed with the rest of the line of skates though.

All 80s on a hi lo? Sounds sweet to me? Too bad a vapor skate will NEVER fit my foot. A wide Reebok skate hardly does.

I also wonder how strong that chassis will be. It's very cut out.

Going all 80 MM -- interesting. I wonder if Mission will be doing the same.

I don't think they're going all 80.

I've seen the skate in person, 76MM up front, 80MM like the HiLo Mission has been using.

i got the ac1's coming off of the x60 (first bauer skate ive used cuz i only play roller hockey) and loved the fit and feel, not a big fan of the ac1, love the look tho, cant wait for the apx2r to come out.

so what is kryptonium?

Going all 80 MM -- interesting. I wonder if Mission will be doing the same.

Did you get this from the picture? It looks like that from the picture, but the chassis has HiLo on it. Interesting.

I would put money on them being all 80mm . The front wheel is real low tucked into the boot and the back wheel is off a bit. Chassis says Hilo so I guess they're marketing it as so.

None of the new Bauer skates are all 80mm, it's still the same 76/80 set up. As for the Kryptonium, from my understanding it is just a very strong high-grade aluminum that allowed the designers to use less overall material resulting in a frame lighter than magnesium.

None of the new Bauer skates are all 80mm, it's still the same 76/80 set up. As for the Kryptonium, from my understanding it is just a very strong high-grade aluminum that allowed the designers to use less overall material resulting in a frame lighter than magnesium.

so superman can still wear these skates no problem?

and my moneys gone! yeah that second photo shows it waaay better. the tops of the wheels are all lined up but the front 2 come down slightly less.

Yes, i was getting it from the pic. Didn't notice the 'hi-lo'. Looks like you're all right, though. 76-80 (which i am a fan of). Here's that pic from HW blog from above:

bauer-vapor-apx2r-skates.jpg

Just wait until you hold this skate in your hands. You wouldn't think that removing parts of the frame would reduce the weight that much, but I've got to be honest here it really does.

If you have the coin to drop on these skates, you're going to have one heck of a pair of skates on your feet.

I haven't gotten an individual frame yet, but a APX2R 8.0D weighs 4.0 grams more than a APXR 7.5D. It's not a huge difference but I believe the APX2R will be more durable due to the Injected Molded Lacing Sys. and a few more years of tweaking the Curve Composite Quarter.

I have to agree. The rest of the line doesn't seem like the value you had with the past line. Im quite excited for my set to be coming in the next week or so. Been wearing an Alkali boot (CA9 and RPD) since Alkali started, going to be a little different than what I was wearing but I think I can manage.

They're pretty sick. I've got a pair in my hands right now. I was already a fan of the APX2 as well as Revision wheels so it's a great combo, especially for me. Somewhat disappointed with the rest of the line of skates though.