Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

malcb33

55 Flex- Improves skate flex

Other than Ekblad, another age-exception OHL defenseman wears these or at least wore them last year: Sean Day. His skating is insanely smooth from the clips I've seen.

Edit: so far, it looks like he's not wearing them this year: see image 4 in the gallery.

thanks oldtrainerguy28 i actually got the idea from a skate repair shop , i seen pretty much the same concept someone had come up with the only difference is they had then sewn in , that's where i got the idea then seen them on here , by the looks of things there are a few people who have done different versions of almost the same thing , the reason i posted the pic was to basically share the fact that this type of system has given me more forward flex so even though i don't have his product i was trying to endorse the fact that his product will work , wasn't trying to upset anyone

thanks oldtrainerguy28 i actually got the idea from a skate repair shop , i seen pretty much the same concept someone had come up with the only difference is they had then sewn in , that's where i got the idea then seen them on here , by the looks of things there are a few people who have done different versions of almost the same thing , the reason i posted the pic was to basically share the fact that this type of system has given me more forward flex so even though i don't have his product i was trying to endorse the fact that his product will work , wasn't trying to upset anyone

Nobody upset here in the least.....Was trying to be funny thats all! I think they look awesome~! I think it would be pretty hard to track down every single person that made them and besides I really don't think there is an issue unless you're selling them.....I am not a patent lawyer...just so you know...LOL

lol ok no problem just didnt want anyone to think i was trying to cause any trouble , and thanks again it worked out great for the forward flex but that just ended up being a happy accident for me , my reason for extending my eyelets was to help with the volume issue i was having in the top of my skates

Now just send Troy the money for the copy right infringement. Looks good though!

I'm actually surprised that Troy was able to get a copyright because I've seen that modification made to pro-stock skates 4 or 5 years ago at least.

I'm actually surprised that Troy was able to get a copyright because I've seen that modification made to pro-stock skates 4 or 5 years ago at least.

Same thing with notching a tendon guard. I know flexible tendon guards are all the rage right now, but if I'm not mistaken equipment managers and experienced LHS repair guys have known how to do this for years. You could even see it on old school 705's.

My 11yrd old has been in the 55 for almost 2mths, Background on why i put the 55 on.

Bought him One.9 (couldn't resist the $ even though @ 70lbs I knew they were going to be to stiff, mistake) he was tying them to the 2nd eyelet, couldn't get any flex tied all the way up. His forward stride was pretty good, but he seemed unstable side to side.

Bought the 55 back in Aug, haven't noticed any real difference in speed or knee flex from when they were tied at the 2nd eyelet, but what they have done is given stability side to side, he is much more stable.

If I bought a more flexible skate to start with, the 55 probably wouldn't have been needed, but for skates that are too stiff and can't tie to the top eyelet, I think they are a great solution.

I can't find in the "check out" section on your 55flex site the place where I pick the size (1" -1.5") of extension I want. All I see is "New improved" but nothing about size.

Do we get both sizes sent to us or maybe you went with one size fits all approach?

Ekblad's still using 55-Flex, and in just a little bit, we'll get to see his skating in full spotlight: he's picked to compete in the fastest skater competition.

461885718_slide.jpg

Does anyone know more about the site issues? Both of mine on my left skate have cracked eyelets and I can't seem to glue them back, trying to find out what I can do.