Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

Stores mainly around Montreal got a bunch in earlier this year and were selling them as low as $100 and some a bit higher.

Actually, stores in Mtl are selling them 199.99$, Hockey Expert does.

Rousseau/PHL does not carry them.

These gloves are cheaper then the E-Pro's, who ever buys them on ebay and is expecting real pro stock will be disapointed.

Same thing for Team Canada gloves, PHG has some on their site, they are nice, but if only they were the real thing :(

Harv,

How many Malkins do you know that get dressed in the Penguins locker room??? These gloves were made for him in a attempt to get him to switch to their gloves. We get pairs like this all the time that are custom made for a player but never actually used

Warrior must have made them for him, but that doesn't mean he used them. This stuff always floats around.

That's what I'm thinking. The Warrior rep probably gave them to Malkin and he said ''No way'' and they ended up with poweplay auctions. Why they put a Russian flag on those gloves in beyond me.

Harv,

How many Malkins do you know that get dressed in the Penguins locker room??? These gloves were made for him in a attempt to get him to switch to their gloves. We get pairs like this all the time that are custom made for a player but never actually used

Theres a difference between the gloves being ''his'' and being presented to him only to turn his nose up at them.

Highly doubt these are Malkins.

Even Ovechkin isn't that vain to put a Russian flag on his gloves.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WARRIOR-FRANCHISE-CUST...5#ht_500wt_1154

That eBay seller is one of only 2 or 3 places that receives Penguins' gear after the season is over. I've gotten a number of sticks and a pair of gloves from him, and he is a legitimate seller. Add in that Malkin and Bauer had a falling out this season, Reps have one-offs made to entice players all the time, and the extensive amount of customization in the glove that is not readily available through the retail Warrior customizer... well, these were at least intended for Malkin to use if he wished to.

That being said... I cannot even begin to imagine what these are going to sell for. :o

I'd be happy to put the Slovak flag on all of my equipment. But nobody dislikes Slovak people for some reason...

Každý rád Slováci. B)

Highly doubt these are Malkins.

Even Ovechkin isn't that vain to put a Russian flag on his gloves.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WARRIOR-FRANCHISE-CUST...5#ht_500wt_1154

Hey kettle, leave the pot alone. Obviously you're the "idiot" here.. Ovechkin has had the flag on his gloves.

Hossa has had the Slovakian flag on his gloves and other players have had their countries flags on their gloves.

Hossa has had the Slovakian flag on his gloves.

I'd love to see them.

No, really. I've been a Hossa fan since his Winterhawks days and have never seen them.

Každý rád Slováci. B)

By the way, you're not actually Slovak are you?

And also, I would love to see those gloves as well :)

By the way, you're not actually Slovak are you?

Grandparents + Cousins were Slovak immigrants.

Lukáš/Micklus

Damn. Interesting since he was on the Warrior/MIA train well before the Wings.

Mission was trying to win him back?

Those are Marcel's Phoenix gloves, right? Kind of hard to tell if it's red of phoenix red, maybe it's just my monitor.

http://cgi.ebay.com/COOPER-SK2000-LEFT-WHT...5#ht_500wt_1154

JUST what I've been looking for.

Grandparents + Cousins were Slovak immigrants.

Lukáš/Micklus

Damn. Interesting since he was on the Warrior/MIA train well before the Wings.

Mission was trying to win him back?

He used their sticks and helmets until the merger, and would break out the Mission gloves for big exposure things like the all star game, or when he was on the cover of SI for the NHL preview.

Some time in the first weeks in Detroit, Hossa wore Mission gloves.

hossak.jpg

BTW, Ovechkin's gloves would probably still have the Russian flag on the cuff if CCM put the flag on a part of the cuff Ovechkin doesn't cut off.

He used their sticks and helmets until the merger, and would break out the Mission gloves for big exposure things like the all star game, or when he was on the cover of SI for the NHL preview.

We have a winner.

sicover2.jpg

Actually, not exactly.

When Hossa got to Detroit, he wore RBKs. Then he wore his Missions, which is when that photoshoot took place. During one game he went from the Missions to Warriors and has been in Warrior gloves since.

Actually, not exactly.

When Hossa got to Detroit, he wore RBKs. Then he wore his Missions, which is when that photoshoot took place. During one game he went from the Missions to Warriors and has been in Warrior gloves since.

He wore MIA and Warrior in Atlanta for like 2 years, with Missions here and there. And I only saw him in RBKs once in Detroit, that was in training camp where he also used an S17 stick so I would bet he was waiting on his stuff. He never wore RBK's in a game in Detroit.

That seller is kind of annoying TBH, I swear he has no space bar.

Actually, not exactly.

This is borderline 2009-2010 Gear Sightings :P

He wore MIA and Warrior in Atlanta for like 2 years, with Missions here and there. And I only saw him in RBKs once in Detroit, that was in training camp where he also used an S17 stick so I would bet he was waiting on his stuff. He never wore RBK's in a game in Detroit.

I never said he used the RBKs in a game, I said he used them when he got to Detroit... which was in the off-season.

He had a weird pair of Missions when he first got to Pittsburgh too. They were all black with a Vegas gold cuff and said Mission across it, instead of using the logo. Wish I could find a pic.

He had a weird pair of Missions when he first got to Pittsburgh too. They were all black with a Vegas gold cuff and said Mission across it, instead of using the logo. Wish I could find a pic.

I think he wore 2 different kind of Franchises too.

07-08-hossa-first-time-penguins.jpg

medium_hossa.jpg