Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

Trying to do the whole Charleston Chiefs thing and they misspell Dunlop on the glove. They also have "Chiefs" gloves on there.

I'm saving my money for the "Hensen" bros Franchise gloves.

Even though it's a Team Canada stick... he has zero feedback. I just don't trust that, regardless of the item. I'd much rather buy one from a seller I know won't jip me.

As for the request of removing the link... don't sweat it. Some mods will allow it because they've also requested a link to removed (happened to me), and some will bust your balls over it because that's the way they are.

Find me a seller who has them and I'd gladly do so :)

Anyways, the auction ended today. I had the highest bid at $130 (had a max bid of $200). Neither would have met his reserve. He's looking for $250 minimum for the stick. Still contemplating whether or not I should offer him ~$220ish to have it shipped to me in Toronto...

I always laugh about this one:

Sex Wax Sexwax Hockey Stick Wax FASTER SHOTS!

Even though rinks are slippery, your hockey stick blade is not. Friction tape on the ground or ice simply slows down the blade speed and gets it caught up affecting both the speed and accuracy or shots and passes. Over time it gets roughed up and it makes it even worse. This wax is designed to be slippery-- less resistance means more power and velocity (and a longer blade life as well...)

I never get tired of smelling these--stick a few in your hockey bag--the smelliest place on the face of the earth--so they are there when you need them and so you and your gear aren't so skanky.

sex wax

RE: TSR stuff

my take: just like sauce hockey, they're buying gloves direct and getting custom colors and names stitched on and calling it "pro stock". they're misspelling names just in case a lawsuit ever emerges "dunlap" and "cheifs"? gimme a break, thats no mistake... and the fact that they have "TSR" stitched on some of the cuffs just reinforces my theory.

my take: just like sauce hockey, they're buying gloves direct and getting custom colors and names stitched on and calling it "pro stock". they're misspelling names just in case a lawsuit ever emerges "dunlap" and "cheifs"? gimme a break, thats no mistake... and the fact that they have "TSR" stitched on some of the cuffs just reinforces my theory.

I understand "Dunlap", but I don't understand "Cheifs". They're not branding them as Slap Shot items, so I don't see why there should be a problem. If there is, I'm sure they would be 10,000 plus hockey teams called the "Chiefs" calling their lawyers! :lol:

I understand "Dunlap", but I don't understand "Cheifs". They're not branding them as Slap Shot items, so I don't see why there should be a problem. If there is, I'm sure they would be 10,000 plus hockey teams called the "Chiefs" calling their lawyers! :lol:

calling yourself the chiefs along with using the logo and the colors would be considered a copywrite infringement, so maybe they are doing it just to simply avoid it altogether... as they are being sold as pro stock. it's just a theory, I just find the two errors to be a strange coincidence. there are 9 pairs of those gloves available, right? like I said, it seems to me that they are ordering customized gloves and selling them as pro stock.

SMU as pro stock has been going on for years. You can thank all of the guys that "only buy pro stock because it's better" for this nonsense.

Yeah that makes alot of sence. I think they went to far by doing the "tsr" BU 4 rolls and all that stuff and listing it pro stock honnestly is stupid.

Call it custom or whatever but there not prostock so why lie

Yeah that makes alot of sence. I think they went to far by doing the "tsr" BU 4 rolls and all that stuff and listing it pro stock honnestly is stupid.

Call it custom or whatever but there not prostock so why lie

I think they call them prostock on ebay so more people will see them. Everyone on ebay does that. They don't call them prostock on their fb page

I think they call them prostock on ebay so more people will see them. Everyone on ebay does that. They don't call them prostock on their fb page

great point. joe average hockey player doesn't know retail from pro stock. i just wish they didn't insult their own intelligence (and to a lesser degree; ours) by doing it.

great point. joe average hockey player doesn't know retail from pro stock. i just wish they didn't insult their own intelligence (and to a lesser degree; ours) by doing it.

I don't really mind them doing it on ebay. If they told me in store that they were pro stock, that would be different. I just see it as business as usual.

I don't really mind them doing it on ebay. If they told me in store that they were pro stock, that would be different. I just see it as business as usual.

knowingly misleading the general public is business as usual? it's one thing if you're a punk kid trying to make a few extra bucks, but this is an established legitimate business taking advantage of an uneducated consumer.

knowingly misleading the general public is business as usual? it's one thing if you're a punk kid trying to make a few extra bucks, but this is an established legitimate business taking advantage of an uneducated consumer.

It's ebay, so I don't really mind them doing it. We all have our own opinions.