Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jonathan-Tavares-1st-N...=item3cadc7d55b

Couple problems with this one. First off, over 4 grand for a pair of hockey gloves.

More importantly, the auction claims to be the gloves Tavares wore in his first NHL game. However, Tavares was wearing the Islanders throwbacks in his first NHL game, complete with gloves of a lighter blue, with both an orange cuff and orange fingers. These are clearly not the same gloves, unless the seller is referring to the gloves Tavares wore in his first preseason game, which is stupid, because no one cares about the first pre season game.

Call him out on his shenanigans and offer him $50 bucks for the gloves...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jonathan-Tavares-1st-N...=item3cadc7d55b

Couple problems with this one. First off, over 4 grand for a pair of hockey gloves.

More importantly, the auction claims to be the gloves Tavares wore in his first NHL game. However, Tavares was wearing the Islanders throwbacks in his first NHL game, complete with gloves of a lighter blue, with both an orange cuff and orange fingers. These are clearly not the same gloves, unless the seller is referring to the gloves Tavares wore in his first preseason game, which is stupid, because no one cares about the first pre season game.

tavares31-1.jpg

I'm not sure if it said so an hour ago or not, but in the listing I see, this is pretty clear:

Accompanied with perfect provenance from his former agent, Derrick Luck, these stunning mitts were used in this year's first preseason contest

Of course, anyone who pays even $450 for these is an idiot. The only person paying $4,500 will send you a check for $10,000, and ask you to send them a wire with $5,000 back. The extra $500 is the seller's to keep for the inconvenience.

Call him out on his shenanigans and offer him $50 bucks for the gloves...

Offered him $50. He counter-offered $4k, including shipping. He thought maybe I made a typo... LOL

Because Zetterberg isn't allowed to play for any other team other then the Wings? He could have asked for some custom black gloves...

On the listing it says "DETROIT RED WINGS COLORS -BLACK and WHITE"

Thanks for the link to the black Zetterbergs. I've wanted a pair ever since someone posted the same color ones on here and also after trying on the red ones. I almost bought the red ones when I tried them on but, I wanted the black ones more just because of the color.

They sold those at the LA Kings pro shop for some reason. They had a few pairs of them out at the sale last weekend. Not sure what the sale price was, but normal retail in the store was $250.

They had a red pair in the recent past.

it says "TEAM L.A. CUSTOM" on the tags in the photos.

maybe, for a brief moment, the lesser known patrik zetterberg considered coming out of retirement, and the kings jumped the gun ;)

The story behind these is that Easton would sometimes sell the store some stuff aside from retail. They, supposedly, just made some gloves with Zetterberg's specs in black as a custom request. Another item they have are the Easton pro pants, but they wanted $225 for them (probably considerably less now...)

Those Zetterbergs are actually pretty cool. They have this funky cuff/wrist guard protection system. They just felt too darn stiff and not worth $225.

It's just even funnier that his buy it now price on the Sharp is $750....

Yeah but at least there's no reserve :lol: