Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

it also said hockey pants with a picture of shoulders on it yesterday. hahahahahaa

Before that, it said hockey pants (pre-owned) and had no picture, not mention of brand, model, size. Price + shipping was around $50 too.

Probably not an idiot http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

No LHS in my country carries these. Do they fit like all Bauer Vapor skates do? Do they need baking? How many minutes? What temperature? How stiff they are? Are these stock laces crap? Anyone custom ordered these? Any long term reviews? :) Hahaha

????.... i don't know what to say to those. I can't tell if they are knock offs (maybe some Chinese company making use of molds and extra production time) or something for hockey training... i.. hmm...

Before that, it said hockey pants (pre-owned) and had no picture, not mention of brand, model, size. Price + shipping was around $50 too.

????.... i don't know what to say to those. I can't tell if they are knock offs (maybe some Chinese company making use of molds and extra production time) or something for hockey training... i.. hmm...

I think you're reading into this a little much. They're a pair of hiking boots made to look like a skate boot. Nothing less, nothing more.

I think you're reading into this a little much. They're a pair of hiking boots made to look like a skate boot. Nothing less, nothing more.

I guess I don't get the target market. But then again, I don't hike.

No LHS in my country carries these. Do they fit like all Bauer Vapor skates do? Do they need baking? How many minutes? What temperature? How stiff they are? Are these stock laces crap? Anyone custom ordered these? Any long term reviews? :) Hahaha

I've seen these at Pro Hockey Life in Calgary. They're like a winter boot meets hiking boot. I don't think they'd hold up to much hiking or extended use, as wrangler has suggested. Purely for style... er.. well, let's rephrase that to "purely for looks". They also looked like they'd keep your feet somewhat warm.

I talked with this guy at a Penguins memorabilia event last year. He wanted $200 for them. Apparently he's had them signed between now and then. They were really comfortable gloves, when I told him I'd be buying them to wear in-game he looked like he soiled his pants and said I could offer him $500 and he would not sell them to me.

I sent him a message, this is how it went down:

"Kris Letang never used Bauer 4 Roll gloves. He has only used Easton E-Pro or EQ gloves. Be briefly used Warrior Franchise but early in career. You may want to reconsider the price of these since they were not game used. These have all ended around $65-130 not $600. Unless you can photo match these they may get reported as by someone."

HIS REPLY:

he did use these--i have a very good contact---i know for sure he wore them--when he signed them too he said he wore them so i dont need anything more than that..report what??? you threatening me here????

My message back to him:

"If you could show me one photo of him using these exact gloves in a game I will buy them right now."

That was 3 days ago...no reply...what a chump

He may have used them in a practice or something. Or, his contact is wrong and he doesn't know. Don't be too quick to judge.

I was bored and went through every Gettys Images of Kris Letang (his fangirls take tons of pics practise and games) and found not a single one.

I even know someone who does a Letang fan site and knows just about everything Letang and knows he never wore them.

It is possible he may have worn them during practise once or twice, but that doesn't make them game worn.

I totally live down south, you know that goalieman! :b hahaha

We live in the dirty south of the san Jo hood. Real talk, Yall hear me!?

Real talk= sorta off topic.

I was bored and went through every Gettys Images of Kris Letang (his fangirls take tons of pics practise and games) and found not a single one.

I even know someone who does a Letang fan site and knows just about everything Letang and knows he never wore them.

It is possible he may have worn them during practise once or twice, but that doesn't make them game worn.

You probably need to get another hobby, ya know? LOL

You probably need to get another hobby, ya know? LOL

I work at an office 8 hours a day lol, hard to keep focused sometimes. I think I spend to much time lurking hockey sites that has me doing such detective work lol

I just got my USA hockey magazine in today and what do you know, they are advertising these.

Didn't Nike or Reebok have a line of sneakers with hockey skate inspired styling back in the early 1990's?

Gretzky had some "street hockey shoes" that looked similar to skates, I think they were from LA Gear.

LA Gear Wayne Gretzky Shoes Sneakers

March 20th, 2011 by FAIF-Store

wg41-224x300.jpg

Gretzky had some "street hockey shoes" that looked similar to skates, I think they were from LA Gear.

LA Gear Wayne Gretzky Shoes Sneakers

March 20th, 2011 by FAIF-Store

wg41-224x300.jpg

wow i remember these from when i was little kid.. haha LA gear was also the company with the light up shoes, these are awesome and if someone still has these in new condition im sure they could be worth something