Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

You can still see it, you just need to scroll down. It seems legit, however the girdle was modified for someone else, which means it may not be as comfortable for you. Also, you'll need a shell.

From 1998? maybe if you said 88 you could have a chance, but no way that was used in 98. Not to mention it looks like electrical tape.

The real ones are done with electrical tape or stickers.

Certainly not 98 though. The helmet for one, and the visor instead of cage.

NCAA has required full facial protection for a long time...you can't play in college with just a visor.

From 1998? maybe if you said 88 you could have a chance, but no way that was used in 98. Not to mention it looks like electrical tape.

NCAA has required full facial protection for a long time...you can't play in college with just a visor.

And taking a cage off is the easiest helmet mod you can do :)

And taking a cage off is the easiest helmet mod you can do :)

But if you kept it for collectible value you would probably leave on what it came with. If it came with a visor it would mean it's a lot older then 98.

The helmet could be legit- the date probably isn't, and is dated as such to attract extra attention and allow them to charge more. THe model of the helmet would seem to corroborate that.

Who's to say it was kept as a collectible? Chances are, with the change of cage to visor, someone used it after it left NCAA hockey.

Michigan debuted the winged hockey helmet in 1989, which is about where I'd place the age of that particular helmet. Growing up and playing youth hockey in Ann Arbor at that time, I can attest to the fact that there were tons of people (kids to adults) who had there helmets taped up like that. In fact, one of the mothers from my team had the Michigan equipment manager show here exactly how he did them... and then she charged $20 or so to do others. Basically, there are probably just as many fakes floating around as authentics.

You can still see it, you just need to scroll down. It seems legit, however the girdle was modified for someone else, which means it may not be as comfortable for you. Also, you'll need a shell.

i have a shell. just asking if there really was a difference or if it was just another retard. either way i made out with a good price, we'll see how it works.