Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jonathan-Toews-game-us...=item20ae10005a

Really? $499 for game used Toews gloves? And there isnt any certification from the team so you cant even be sure they were his? I cant see paying $499 even if they came with Toews himself!

It's not that out there. They're pretty clearly Toews pro stock, right pattern, name's there, looks like a custom palm... don't know if they're really game used, if they were it was very little. Practice used, probably. But they're being sold to the memorabilia market, not the hockey player market.

He'll probably sell them. And somebody will put them in a nice display in their house, perhaps get them autographed...

Sucks for those of us looking to use gear, but far from an idiot.

Someone would really be willing to pay that much for a glove that has no certification or proof that they were actually Toews's gloves?

$499? I guess the idiot is the one who buys them for that ludicrous price.

If you're looking to sell later, you wouldn't buy one without. But it's not a color pattern available outside of pro stocks (posters here have tried) and it has his name on it. If a hardcore blackhawks fan is looking for something for their home or office, I don't see why they would have an issue going for these.

Besides, COAs are almost never given by teams. The seller probably got those from a team sale or the shop in Chicago (whose name escapes me) that sells a lot of used blackhawks stuff. Including gloves. Autographs typically need COAs, but game used gloves that accurate are a lot harder to fake.

This seller isn't an idiot, but he's the guy everyone here hates who goes to team sales and grabs everything he can hold to turn around and sell at crazy markups to the memorabilia market, keeping it out of the hands of people who want to use it.

Also, $500 is cheap for what some of these guys charge. Look way back in this thread, there are TBL pants that someone was trying to sell for thousands.

Just to note, it used to be HawkQuarters, but now the Chicago team store is just "The Blackhawks Store." Same location, more merchandise and memorabilia, fewer pieces of game-used gear.

Also, an eBay listing I came across: http://cgi.ebay.com/LA-KINGS-Pro-Stock-NHL...=item414a81c537

Not sure about the authenticity, but for all the aluminum junkies out there this could be a winner.

Not having been around the hockey equipment world then, I don't really know, but I wouldn't think they would put names on retail shafts, would they? The name on there seems to me like a pretty good indicator that it's authentic.

Either way, I doubt it'll go cheap. Aluminum junkes would probably be better off writing to Shanahan.

I asked. the seller said it was a "B". if it were adult it would be "MHP". besides, if you zoom into the picture of the tag you'll see the measurement if 71 cm. no XL adult I know wears 71 cm pants. that was what tipped me off to begin with.

Damn if they weren't too big I would have worn them to a practice once just to get some laughs.

They would however be a pretty cool collectible for my hockey wall.

Maker's Mark is a brand of bourbon on which the bottle cap is sealed on with dripping red wax that runs down the neck of the bottle. Not sure why you would do it on a blade.

Believe me, I know what Maker's Mark is :D I just don't get why someone would actually put that wax on a NBH One50 blade.

Link

I think were all familiar with #85 Joe Sakic. :lol:

That is a brilliant stick and a brilliant ebay listing and a brilliant ebay idiot.

not to mention a brilliant use of false advertising.

i highly doubt sakic would use a s2