Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolfpack_1986

Warrior Covert QR1

All QR product has the same cut zone that we've used in the past. 4" free of affecting measured flex. Caveat - that it may feel different depending on the player, shooting style, ability.

We are involved with Les Olympiques de Gatineau as official supplier of sticks. They use our QR1 and QRPro product and also do testing for us on "new concept/prototypes". The young men that play on these teams that we have agreements with (Mississauga, Lethbridge, Gatineau, Windsor) offer great feedback and really push the durability testing for our product. Win-win for us and in the end to all you for better feeling, more durable sticks.

We also have proving arrangements likes this with some US College teams (Air Force is a main tester for us since they are on the ice year-round).

My shop has the QR1 in 63" length and the QRpro in 60". I see no mention of the QRpro in 60" in the catalogue so I'm somewhat confused. Are there any QRpros that come only in 60" length? And I'm assuming 60" stick length also has the 4" area to cut without affecting flex?

thanks

WOW! I've always stayed away from Warrior in the past because their sticks were so long. I cut my sticks down to 56" so that meant I was still having to go 3 inches below the "flex free zone" and their senior sticks were just too stiff once shortened. They made all the right changes with this line, the length of their 75 flexes are great! Not to mention I made the mistake of falling head over heels in love with the Toews pattern, but never really like bauer sticks. Warrior's wide selection of curves was obviously a huge perk. I picked one of these up and my shot was noticeably faster. This stick shoots the full gamut of shots (slaps, wrist, snap, and one times) very very well, and gives me the best wrister I've ever had. The slapshot might be the best as well. I was pretty high on another brand until I tried this. This stick is incredible, I may have to finally "settle down" with Warrior.

If the durability is decent, I'm getting rid of all my other sticks, and stocking up on these! Amazing product!

I ordered mine yesterday. 75 flex W88. I excited to finally play with a stick that has enough flex for me once it's cut down. Hopefully my shooting and passing will improve because the stick will be doing more of the work, especially on plays where I'm not able to get a good lean to load the stick.

I've been changing flexes a lot lately trying to find the right one. After reading these posts, I'm wondering why Warrior doesn't advertise or even mention their 4" free flex zone the way Sher-Wood does? Even their website has no mention of this. Does anyone know how long they've been doing this and why don't other companies do this? It seems like such a great development, that really makes a difference for shorter guys like me.

I've been changing flexes a lot lately trying to find the right one. After reading these posts, I'm wondering why Warrior doesn't advertise or even mention their 4" free flex zone the way Sher-Wood does? Even their website has no mention of this. Does anyone know how long they've been doing this and why don't other companies do this? It seems like such a great development, that really makes a difference for shorter guys like me.

Started when Warrior introduced the dagger taper since it's so low that cutting it 4-5" won't affect it much. Then Miseaujeu mentioned the free flex zone in the first gen covert thread iirc.

Pretty disappointed in this stick. It didn't have the pop in it that I expected, and was noticeably lacking compared to my Nexus 1000. I did switch from a mid-kick Nexus to a ultra low-kick QR1, so it's possible I may have ot adjust my mechanics to see better results. Which brings me to my second problem. It broke after 4 periods of play. Yep, not even 2 games. The blade snapped in half blocking a slapper. There was traffic around the net, so it's possible the blade had gotten caught against a skate adding extra torque. But there was a loud pop and the blade was broken. Not nearly what I am used to with Bauer sticks. Not a good representation for Warrior when I am thinking about switching to their sticks. Let's see how their warranty department handles this. Their website says the damage can't have occurred from contact with a skate.

Pretty disappointed in this stick. It didn't have the pop in it that I expected, and was noticeably lacking compared to my Nexus 1000. I did switch from a mid-kick Nexus to a ultra low-kick QR1, so it's possible I may have ot adjust my mechanics to see better results. Which brings me to my second problem. It broke after 4 periods of play. Yep, not even 2 games. The blade snapped in half blocking a slapper. There was traffic around the net, so it's possible the blade had gotten caught against a skate adding extra torque. But there was a loud pop and the blade was broken. Not nearly what I am used to with Bauer sticks. Not a good representation for Warrior when I am thinking about switching to their sticks. Let's see how their warranty department handles this. Their website says the damage can't have occurred from contact with a skate.

Sorry to read this entire post! Though I can not comment on the difference in feel from your former stick, I know that we built the Covert QR line to be very active down low in the stick with a quick release. With some of our testers, they were not used to this super low kick and it took a little time to get used to to that active flex area. Unfortunately, the stick broke before you could get a good feel for it. Our warranty department is great and very easy to deal with.

Please send me a PM with your name and info and I'll make sure to send a note to our warranty returns team to take special care of your issue.

Thanks and sorry for the break. We hope you have a better experience with your warranty replacement.

Keith

I've had a qr1 for the past few months playing 2-3 times a week and it's still kicking. Have taken a couple of two handed tomahawk chops to the shaft and no issues. I had to deal with their warranty service one time and it was easy.

Oh you'd be surprised lol. Why don't you come down sometimes, we just started developing and have had several open tournaments. It's filled with expats too so you won't feel too alienated, and of course there's the after party

Sorry to read this entire post! Though I can not comment on the difference in feel from your former stick, I know that we built the Covert QR line to be very active down low in the stick with a quick release. With some of our testers, they were not used to this super low kick and it took a little time to get used to to that active flex area. Unfortunately, the stick broke before you could get a good feel for it. Our warranty department is great and very easy to deal with.

Please send me a PM with your name and info and I'll make sure to send a note to our warranty returns team to take special care of your issue.

Thanks and sorry for the break. We hope you have a better experience with your warranty replacement.

Keith

Thanks, Keith. I was willing to give it an adjustment period, but wasn't able to before it broke (and I was late yesterday so I didn't even get a warm up to make more adjustments). I did like the puck feel and the grip texture on the stick. I was very happy in that regard, even over Bauer. It really may just be a mechanics issue. After using a midflex for so long, my technique isn't really suited to quick wrist snaps that the QR1 would kick. I might be able to change things. I may also consider trying a Dynasty AX1LT if I can't get the QR1 to work for me. Fixing the issue under warranty will make things right in my eyes. Maybe I just got a dud. It happens. Thanks again. I'll send over a PM

Loved my QR1 until it broke when I got slashed right when I took a slap shot, perfect timing type thing. The feel was my favorite part about the stick and I was really impressed with the blade durability which is normally where I brake all my sticks. I hope the QR Pro has the same feel as the QR1.

Thanks to Keith and Warrior! They processed my warranty and have sent out my replacement, with no questions asked. Their customer service is top notch and has restored my faith in their products. Can't wait to get the new one in so I can use it some more!

Thanks to Keith and Warrior! They processed my warranty and have sent out my replacement, with no questions asked. Their customer service is top notch and has restored my faith in their products. Can't wait to get the new one in so I can use it some more!

yeah their customer service is great which is why i only use warrior sticks and gloves now

Thanks guys. I'm here to help, where I can!

On a (sort of) related note, we recently launched a podcast/blog. We gave some in-depth info on how we created Covert QR and our guiding principles behind it. Could be an interesting history for anyone that would like a peek into how we come up with this stuff...

Full Circle Blog Post: http://bit.ly/11yovJ6

Full Circle Podcast (with yours truly): http://bit.ly/1EiorvC

Hope you like the info.

Havent tested out the QR 1, but did purchase a QR4 as I busted my T90 (just can't justify a $300 twig for beer league)

Honestly wasn't stoked on the QR4 compared to the T90

blade felt dead and the kick point is REALLY REALLY low, I couldn't load it properly (coming from a T90 LKP previously)

wish Warrior had the 30 day thing at retail and not just when you purchase from the site

The QR4 isn't meant to be compared to the T90, two completely different levels of stick.

how so?

both are "best value" sticks aren't they, in the $99-129 price range

both low kick point as well

maybe Im missing something .....

Just realized, I think we're talking about 2 different T90's, I was thinking of the T90 back when it was the higher end of the Sherwood stick line.

Havent tested out the QR 1, but did purchase a QR4 as I busted my T90 (just can't justify a $300 twig for beer league)

Honestly wasn't stoked on the QR4 compared to the T90

blade felt dead and the kick point is REALLY REALLY low, I couldn't load it properly (coming from a T90 LKP previously)

wish Warrior had the 30 day thing at retail and not just when you purchase from the site

T90 doesn't really compare to a QR4. You'd have to compare it to a Dynasty AX3LT due to price/spec, but the flex profiles are very different.

The 30day Built Better Guarantee is offered on the Dynasty line of product at Warrior dealers, not just online.

T90 doesn't really compare to a QR4. You'd have to compare it to a Dynasty AX3LT due to price/spec, but the flex profiles are very different.

The 30day Built Better Guarantee is offered on the Dynasty line of product at Warrior dealers, not just online.

thanks for the clarification, I appreciate it

not a massive misfortune tho, it was only $99, not $300

wont give up on Warrior yet, still a big fan, might have to try a different line one day

and posts like this are exactly why

thanks again

Was shooting with a demo QR4 today and was REALLY impressed with the kick/flex. My question is, is the QR1/QR3 going to feel stiffer because of the better materials? That's what I'm worried about. FWIW, the QR4 is a steal at $100