Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolfpack_1986

Warrior Covert QR1

I've been fortunate enough to be part of the Warrior VIP program with the Covert QR1 stick. Mine arrived today, who else was able to participate?

I won't be able to hit the ice until Monday, which sucks, but I'm dying to try this twig out.

So far, the only useful information I have is the 70flex intermediates are 3" shorter than the widows were.

I've been fortunate enough to be part of the Warrior VIP program with the Covert QR1 stick. Mine arrived today, who else was able to participate?

I won't be able to hit the ice until Monday, which sucks, but I'm dying to try this twig out.

So far, the only useful information I have is the 70flex intermediates are 3" shorter than the widows were.

The Intermediates are 57" long. They shortened them by 3" from the original DT1.

I'm going to warm up with my team tonight, just so I can use mine. I'm hoping to find some open ice during the day next week

All Warrior sticks are 3" shorter than they used to be.

I found that out a little late tonight. Unfortunately the pro shop was closed when I got to the rink and I couldn't get a plug in it. On the plus side, it was short enough that it was a comfortable length for one of my teammates to use.

I'm going to warm up with my team tonight, just so I can use mine. I'm hoping to find some open ice during the day next week

Chadd, I'll be looking forward to your review the most. I believe we both loved the widow and other recent warrior sticks for the same reason and I get a feeling by how youve described your playing in the past you we play similarly as well.

I hope this is another winner from warrior but time will tell. My dt1 is starting to actually get beat up enough to maybe warant a new stick.

I only got to use mine briefly before my team's game tonight. I'm still on the bench with my concussion issues and do not want to risk anything with the insurance company. I went up in flex relative to my widows and it is a very different curve but it impressed me quite a bit so far.

Understandable, I don't want you to push a concussion or get flak from the insurance guys.

Did you go up in flex because of how the stick feels compared to earlier warriors or did you go up in flex to try a new flex.

Understandable, I don't want you to push a concussion or get flak from the insurance guys.

Did you go up in flex because of how the stick feels compared to earlier warriors or did you go up in flex to try a new flex.

I went up in flex mostly because they didn't have an 85 in a curve that I wanted to try. However, given my issues with the widow on slapshots, it seemed like a logical move.

How did you guys get into the VIP program?

MSH received testers from Warrior and Warrior reps passed out cards/codes to employees in their respective regions.

Actually - it was more of a social media initiative - they wanted to get influencers to carry the flag for them across social media.

MSH received quite a few; I gave them to respected members on here who also participate through several social media channels.

JR, if I'm not mistaken I believe in the past you were st the warrior facilities and mentioned you tested one of the prototype sticks and you were very impressed with it. If you are even allowed to tell us, is the qr1 that stick or have any similarities to it.

I loved Warrior sticks since the Dolomite. Currently enjoying the DT1 LT1 which is just great. Eagerly awaiting the new QR1 - wonder if they even could make this one better. The design btw is outstanding.

Gotta work up to it. Took me a while to hit 2000 :P

Quality, not quantity my friend. hahaha

First use for me will be on Sunday afternoon...bringing out the new skates as well

Is there any info about the qr1 or did they just them in the hands of some lucky bums and will put out info later?

Quality, not quantity my friend. hahaha

First use for me will be on Sunday afternoon...bringing out the new skates as well

Haha well I'm an author and stuff, so lots of social media interaction with people. :)

Used the QR1 twice already in some men's league games. Never used a Warrior stick before this, but I can honestly say this is a GREAT stick. Pretty stiff shaft for 100 flex, low kick point with a quick release, and the blade is amazing. Feels like the puck just sticks to it.

Like I said, only been two games and Idt I'm experienced enough to do a full review, but so far so good! Very impressed!

Is there any info about the qr1 or did they just them in the hands of some lucky bums and will put out info later?

Hey hey it was a lot of hard work for some bums...my buddy had to lay down in front of a net in his boxers at our rink while I attempted a top left shot on a shooter tutor haha

Hey hey it was a lot of hard work for some bums...my buddy had to lay down in front of a net in his boxers at our rink while I attempted a top left shot on a shooter tutor haha

Haha that's gotta leave a mark even if you didn't hit him. Also I'm just jealous. Haha