Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

decoy

2016-2017 Gear Sightings

23 hours ago, flip12 said:

For a long time, Crosby has skipped the second from the top. Duchene on the other hand, used to skip the top. Now he skips all but the one Crosby skips among the top three.

So Crosby skips two eyelids and Duchene 3? Neat how they tend to follow each other in these things...Duchene switched to a shorter/whippier stick when he was training with Crosby. 

34 minutes ago, Amiroo39 said:

So Crosby skips two eyelids and Duchene 3? Neat how they tend to follow each other in these things...Duchene switched to a shorter/whippier stick when he was training with Crosby. 

Crosby still skips just one I think, the second one. Duchene skips two, the first and third.  In a chart, for the top three eyelets they follow this pattern:

Crosby              Duchene          Old Duchene

Top eyelet            :       lace                    skip                    skip

Top minus one    :       skip                    lace                    lace

Top minus two    :       lace                    skip                    lace

All remaining       :       lace                    lace                    lace

Edit: Wanted to add, it's interesting how many strong skaters use workarounds to minimize the restrictiveness of fully laced stiff boots. Like Marleau, whose Reeboks are lacking eyelets two and four, or Bure, who simply didn't lace the middle of his stiffer boots with much or any lace tension.

2 hours ago, OldCY said:

Saw some pics on Instagram of Kuznetsov wearing the new Tacks skate. It was at some odd event, not really sure. 

Tacks with Tuuks at that.

Bunch of guys are switching to Warrior, they announced a few on their podcast and kind of mention what happens in the process. Also saw a pic of Johnny Hockey in Warrior gloves & twig.

53 minutes ago, JGraz15 said:

So is Bauer not able to get gear to these guys or are they really just switching?

Good question!  I think some players not please with what is now known about Bauer's business practices.   That would be enough to make me consider switching.  Plus, the new Warrior QRL stick and gloves are some of the nicest products on the market. 

1 hour ago, noodle3872 said:

Good question!  I think some players not please with what is now known about Bauer's business practices.   That would be enough to make me consider switching.  Plus, the new Warrior QRL stick and gloves are some of the nicest products on the market. 

Their business practices have nothing to do with it.  Warrior and other companies have benefited from Bauer letting go of some very well liked reps has alot to do with it.  For some reason Bauer tends to protect the guys that are not very much liked.  

On the podcast they mention how guys with other companies see the Warrior reps all the time and the players get a lot of attention or a player will try a Warrior stick and want to try it out. Worth the listen def check it out. 

8 hours ago, JunkyardAthletic said:

Don't kid yourself...reps from every company are there at these camps ready to blow a player at any given moment.  

It's a tough business.  Warrior samples EVERYONE, under contract or not (i.e. Ovechkin how many years back when with CCM)

Players don't give a shit.  Just being honest.

So if it isn't reps or Bauer's business...what is driving all the switches? Product or money?

1 hour ago, JGraz15 said:

So if it isn't reps or Bauer's business...what is driving all the switches? Product or money?

It's money... and the rep,  but mostly money.

28 minutes ago, JGraz15 said:

Bauer stopping theirs or Warrior increasing?

Bauer is financially strapped as everyone knows. NHL players want to be compensated. Warrior knows that Bauer is in trouble and they are taking full advantage of that - it's business. 

It's not all money.  If the product didn't perform, players would not switch.  Our product is better than ever.

There are other companies sampling players too, we're just winning them over.

On 9/6/2016 at 9:46 AM, Zac911 said:

It's money... and the rep,  but mostly money.

There isn't that much "money" getting thrown around for the number of players to be switching because of the money. Trust me, Jack Johnson doesn't rate "worth switching for" money.

1 hour ago, chippa13 said:

There isn't that much "money" getting thrown around for the number of players to be switching because of the money. Trust me, Jack Johnson doesn't rate "worth switching for" money.

His parents might ;)