Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

medical gauze tape?

IMG_0007.jpg

on the handle of these sticks? i've always thought about using it.. my mom and dad are in the medical field (nurse and doctor) and we always have a ton of basic med supplies in our huge first aid kit.. we have a ton of that. how do you like it? i'd imagine it feels really good on your hands and won't eat up your gloves like regular hockey tape.

Getting back in to hockey, ordered some new crap this week...vapor xxx lite and itech tint visor lol Also, ordering some new gloves this weekend, still not sure what I want...I want my old eagles re-palmed but I was told about $80 for the pair from Hockey Shop or Cyclone Taylor which is ridiculous imo...

oh and yes I used to wear those danglers in full contact hockey.

equip.JPG

Nice setup. I've found that with part of a roll of stick tape you can always repair old mitts with the palms torn up. What's great is that with enough playing the tape seals up so to speak and it becomes like a new palm.

medical gauze tape? on the handle of these sticks?

Judging from the color its that first aid "gentle tape" type stuff. It's pretty much the same thing as Powerflex, minus the width of the roll, etc. You can get it at any CVS or drug store. I use it to wrap up my toe from time to time (ingrowns)

on the handle of these sticks? i've always thought about using it.. my mom and dad are in the medical field (nurse and doctor) and we always have a ton of basic med supplies in our huge first aid kit.. we have a ton of that. how do you like it? i'd imagine it feels really good on your hands and won't eat up your gloves like regular hockey tape.

its 3m coban. I use it because it dose feel nice and it keeps my palms in good condition

Finally got a few pics.

Skates

IMG_0574.jpg

Shoulders and pants

IMG_0573.jpg

Shins, gloves, elbows.

IMG_0572.jpg

Not pictured-

2x AK-27 nipple grip with Mission Lang blades

Montreal 8500

Ballistic Senior Light shaft with TPS Omega blade

Waiting on

Stealth S17 from toy drive

Synergy SE from cougarscaptain

Don't get slashed much, better arm mobility. They attach with velcro straps, I probably wouldn't have permanently removed them. All the benefits of wearing minimal pads with the sternum, clavicle and shoulder protection of a bulky set.

I don't wear the shoulders much anyway. They make me really warm and I play no contact college rec, and I don't jump in front of shots.

Just got a new bucket- Vector to replace my aging 4000 that finally cracked behind the ear and is coming apart.

Also got 4 new Gatorade bottles, had to throw out my last one as the mold was growing strong. I love the spouts on these bottles, no more pulling the valve open only to bump it on my cage and have it close again.

IMG_0661.jpg

Where did you get all those gatorade bottles? I have one of them with the cool valve and I've been looking for more.

Where did you get all those gatorade bottles? I have one of them with the cool valve and I've been looking for more.

Toolbarn.com - they were $1.50 each and regular hockey squeeze bottles are $5 at my LHS, so I figured what the hell and got 4. These newer ones don't have the white bar at the bottom for your name, and they don't actually say Gatorade (just have the bolt) but they're just the same as my old ones. I had bought 6 from them before when me and 5 friends all got one. I think shipping was $5 or so, but I also got a saw and a rasp for cutting sticks and extensions and cleaning up/shaping the cut end.

I absolutely love these bottles. No pull-spout, no leaking when dropped off the bottle shelf on the bench. Some people with the wide hockey bottles wrap tape on them for a little grip, but the grooves on these are great to grab. Nice and slim so you can get your hand around it.

My old one got punished pretty bad. During our weekly midnight drop-in my friend who is a goalie constantly forgot his bottle, so halfway through when I could tell he was dying I'd just chuck my bottle out on the ice and if it didn't make it the next rush would get it to the net and he'd sweep it into the goal before he got a chance to grab it. Never had it break when people shot for the bottle on the net either.

Edit- this is not only the cheapest I have ever found them, but shipping isn't too bad. I think 7-11 has them for $2 each if you can find them, but I've never seen them there. I was told about ToolBarn a few years ago on GSBB.

Edited by Rustpot

XXX's with brand new step steel...check out the heel on those blades! got to get them profiled down.

IMAG0029Small.jpg

Protective - L7 pants, old jofa shins, bauer 5000 w/ oakley straight

IMAG0028Small.jpg

twigs -

TPS Adrenaline - Perry - Whip

Dolo - Havelid pro stock - 220

SL - Drury clone - 85

ST- Heatley- 100

Mission M1 - Gaboik - 85

XXX lite broken OPS - Berg pro stock - 112

'05 Stealth broken OPS - random pro stock - ~95

IMAG0030Small.jpg

aaaannnd....sorry to the dude with malkin's...I just had to do it: V

Vapor XXX's -14 inch

NBH 4-Roll ASG mock up 'Staal' - 14 inch

IMAG0026Small.jpg

IMAG0027Small.jpg

got these today malkin all star gloves

WHERE did you get those?

Unreal.

Those grafs with the black t-blades look pretty amazing as well.

Were the grafs mounted seperately with the black t-blades? How are the tongues on the pair of grafs? Any break down sign yet?

Mounted separately yes. Tongues are so so...minor lace bite issues and the boots fit perfectly. Getting used to them though...but still debating swapping the tongues out for a pair of Vic tongues I have off some old school skates. No signs of breakdown yet in the boot, at all...Just the few minor cuts from other skates etc.

seriously guys? Shut up about the helmet.

Hey look, equipment!

blades0208iw9.jpg

TBLfan you have to have just about every pattern known to man or at least tryed it at some point or another...lol

seriously guys? Shut up about the helmet.

Hey look, equipment!

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8963/blades0208iw9.jpg

Is that all of what you've got from the Mission and Warrior pro stock orders?

LHS only stocks black helmets, I wasn't about to go online after they spent a half hour trying to get every bucket in the shop on my head and had a large Vector sent in from their sister store for me to try. I didn't think there'd be this much issue over it, especially when the helmet it's replacing is also black.

I'm still waiting on my toy drive stick and my SE from cougarscaptain. Damn slow mail.

I sold or traded about 10 blades. What's left are all "toe" curves(the curve isnt a true toe but the majority of the curve is in the toe).

From Left to right:

Mission "big toe" curve/ Warrior Delmore/ Warrior Kovalchuk/ Warrior Afanasenkov

bigtoecurvekz2.jpgdelmorexa4.jpgkovalchuknx4.jpgafanasenkovqv2.jpg

None are for sale, all were originally from HM. And yes, those are just the ones that aren't already in shafts.

Warnings and three day suspensions issued to all of those who continued the off-topic posts about helmets after I issued the warning.

Keep them coming, good to meet a fellow glove whore. Let me know if you have any 14.5" Easton polys you want to get rid of.