Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Dupes - You like those ccm v10 gloves? I tried on some retail ones and they were really stiff feeling. Are the Talbots or your Habs pair the same way?

The Talbot are a bit wider, but they are stiff as hell!

Did your Koivu pair break in nicely?

No :(

I got rid of them because of that.

Nice EQ's by the way, how are they treating you?

Ill skate with them tonight for the first time :D

Just came today - I've been really wanting to get my hands on these for awhile now (no pun intended).

Eagle PPF Rivet - just an absolutely ridiculous glove. 14' w/short cuffs, mesh gussets and the most insane contoured leather palm with plush suede-ish inner. I can't even begin to describe the feel, but suffice to say, it's ridiculous.

eagle_ppfrivet.jpg

I was going to ask you if that's what it was MC. Thanks for the info, as always you KNOW I appreciate it. I love this palm, I can't get over how plush it feels on the inside.

@Phunky - yeah, the Perry is Regular Flex.

And to Dolomatic's post, indeed, you will LOVE your Kotalik. R8's were such an underrated stick, that IMO held their own performance-wise against any of the top dogs. I used to use that Kotalik stick pretty heavily, actually. The only thing that bums me out about Kotalik's sticks are they are 'typically' X-Stiff in TPS.

As an aside, I can tell a big difference in the Sherwood made TPS pro sticks and the older ones.

I ended up paying more for it that I would have liked, but for a nice toe curve, with decent enough shipping to Australia I thought I'd take the plunge. The X-Stiff was a plus point for me and the only spec I'm not super happy with is that it's grip coated. Also hoping the face is not too open for me.

So would this be a TPS made pro or older? http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290459326958&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

PS Love the PPF's!

Edited by phunky_monkey

I've always loved the gold cuff on the Sabres gloves. The extra small white stripe on the ppf's add a little flash as well. Just an all around great looking pair.

I've always loved the gold cuff on the Sabres gloves. The extra small white stripe on the ppf's add a little flash as well. Just an all around great looking pair.

Same I wanna go for some Easton pro's in Buff's color scheme. really nice eagles!

Hey Phunk - I'm pretty sure that's still one of the pre buyout pro sticks. The newer made TPS stuff (by Sherwood) is distinctly blade heavy, and dead feeling IMO. I'm sure MC and some of the other TPS users here would agree that one of the best characteristics of the older TPS sticks was the balance. Just amazing balance top to bottom. That Kotalik stick you're getting will feel like nothing in your hands because of the balance. Just flat out unmatchable.

One other thing I've noticed, which could be nothing but still interesting nonetheless, is that the older TPS pro sticks will be stamped Made in Canada on the underside of the shaft, while the newer ones are not. Additionally, your checkerboard weave is visible (older TPS), while the new ones are not (painted gloss black).

Edit: Thanks everyone for the replies on the gloves. I've been on a buying streak here lately and I have to cool it. :D

Edited by halfmoonyote

Just came today - I've been really wanting to get my hands on these for awhile now (no pun intended).

Eagle PPF Rivet - just an absolutely ridiculous glove. 14' w/short cuffs, mesh gussets and the most insane contoured leather palm with plush suede-ish inner. I can't even begin to describe the feel, but suffice to say, it's ridiculous.

eagle_ppfrivet.jpg

those are so sweet man, i just got my ppfs the other day and used them once and fell in love so to speak

Hey Phunk - I'm pretty sure that's still one of the pre buyout pro sticks. The newer made TPS stuff (by Sherwood) is distinctly blade heavy, and dead feeling IMO. I'm sure MC and some of the other TPS users here would agree that one of the best characteristics of the older TPS sticks was the balance. Just amazing balance top to bottom. That Kotalik stick you're getting will feel like nothing in your hands because of the balance. Just flat out unmatchable.

One other thing I've noticed, which could be nothing but still interesting nonetheless, is that the older TPS pro sticks will be stamped Made in Canada on the underside of the shaft, while the newer ones are not. Additionally, your checkerboard weave is visible (older TPS), while the new ones are not (painted gloss black).

Edit: Thanks everyone for the replies on the gloves. I've been on a buying streak here lately and I have to cool it. :D

Thanks for all the information mate, very much appreciated! I'm now more excited to get it in my hands and try it out. I haven't used an OPS for a while as I reverted back to shaft/wood blade combo, so I'm hoping this can rekindle my OPS flame as I miss some of the shot power and the blade stiffness. Glad to hear the balance is on the money as it's the main reason why I keep going back to my SE16 shaft - unbeatable balance. Just adds that much more confidence.

These are early 70s Cooper NYP. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

th_IMG00150-20100813-0907.jpg

th_IMG00152-20100813-0910-1.jpg

Right hand shot, left glove palm has a huge hole.

th_IMG00151-20100813-0908.jpg

Overall, very good condition for these gloves.

A couple pics of my recent acquisitions.

Bauer 4 Rolls

IMG_0655.JPG

NBH 4 Rolls (picked these up from Rangers1234) with MSH2 palms

IMG_0654.JPG

CCM U+ Pro Reloaded Skates

IMG_0656.JPG

The rest of it airing out after pickup today

IMG_0657.JPG

In my quest for the perfect shins I have come full circle.

The old Jofa 5090 (now RBK 8k Pro) are the ones. Oddly enough I wore these in a 14" back in the day. Also pictured are my retail 9060's and Pro Stock 6070's (same as the RBK 7k Pro).

The 6070's and 8k Pros came from the penguins.

photo.jpg

The 8k Pro was different than the retail 8k. 8k pro was available at retail way back in the day as the Jofa 5090. Rbk 8k retail was based off of the 9090 Jofa.

The 8k Pro was different than the retail 8k. 8k pro was available at retail way back in the day as the Jofa 5090. Rbk 8k retail was based off of the 9090 Jofa.

I see thanks for clearing things up for me. I went back and found a picture of the retail 8k shin. Looks much different than what you have.