Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

damn is your kid using a x60? lol

Guilty. He turns 6 next week and needed new skates so he was thrilled when he got to open an early present. He is actually a bigger gear whore than me believe it or not.

Wow. That's amazing. Minus the whole Red Wings banner and all. Going to go with the new X01/2? I can't tell what sharpener you're currently set-up with...

Thanks guys, It is the X02..........what's wrong with the banner? :P

only thing wrong with that banner is that it's missing 2002, 2008, and in a month or so, 2009.

Confidence is a virtue when employed in moderate amounts, Gene.

edit: By the way, using MSH in turn of FB...you coming out to Cornerstone for Game 7?

Edited by interpathway

Confidence is a virtue when employed in moderate amounts, Gene.

edit: By the way, using MSH in turn of FB...you coming out to Cornerstone for Game 7?

I wish I could, but I got a microbial pathogenesis exam wednesday, and biochem II exam on thurs. So it looks like I'll be in Mckeldin studying instead.

Yeah that skate room is very cool I plan to do something similar in my basement with some shelving for mine and my daughters gear..

My new baby......... :)

DSC09425.jpg

Got them from :

Hamden Sports Center

Hamden, CT 06518, United States

(203) 248-9898

Highly recommend as they are Canadian friendly.....$10 shipping and they use US Post

Recent(ish) additions...

Sticks

Left - Right

CCM Vibe - Thornton curve, Ballistik 45 Caliber - Mid Curve (iginla-esque), CCM V130 shaft with Black Beauty BB9 blade, Easton Synergy SL Sakic Curve.

eaglesandsticks003.jpg

w800.png

eaglesandsticks002.jpg

w600.png

Eagle Custom Rob Blake's (thanks DEFIANT SPORTS!!!)

eaglesandsticks001.jpg

w800.png

That SL looks relatively new, what avenue did you use to acquire it?

Friend just gave it to me, he is an easton/sakic whore, and had it spare, I traded him gloves for it. It only got it's first use on Friday Night

Contrary to most experiences, mine wouldn't break if they were looked at oddly. One of the favorite sticks I've used, you're quite lucky your buddy had one lingering.

Contrary to most experiences, mine wouldn't break if they were looked at oddly. One of the favorite sticks I've used, you're quite lucky your buddy had one lingering.

I love it, only been one game, but it's great. I've never had a high end OPS before.

Although, I will say this, it's a 100 flex, and it feels whippier than my 85 flex CCM stick

My new baby......... :)

Got them from :

Hamden Sports Center

Hamden, CT 06518, United States

(203) 248-9898

Highly recommend as they are Canadian friendly.....$10 shipping and they use US Post

Do they have a website? I tried googling them, but didn't come up with anything.

I decided recently that I need to get back into ice hockey. I've been playing roller, but it's just not the same. I haven't been on the ice in years. My old skates were pretty beat up and a little outdated. I was planning on getting a pair of Bauer or Easton skates, so I tried on the Bauer X40, Flexlite 4.0, XXXX, the Easton Stealth S12, and the CCM U+ at the LHS today.

The guy there suggested the CCM's first, so I gave them a try and really liked the fit. The XXXX were very nice as well, but they didn't have my size so those were a no go. The Flexlite were mostly nice, but the tongue was really stiff and uncomfortable to me. Outside the tongue the fit on those was very nice. The X40 were the most uncomfortable of the bunch. A decent skate, but the fit just wasn't there for me. The Easton's were pretty nice, and I probably would've chosen those if not for trying on the CCMs. On top of the great fit, the CCMs were baked which was new experience to me. I can't wait to try them out. I was a little surprised to be leaving with CCMs after going in for Bauer or Easton.

My Bauer XXV's are about shot. I felt it was time for an upgrade on my gloves as well. After a lot of deliberation and forum reading I decided on getting a pair of Eagle PPF. So many positive reviews couldn't be wrong, right? Awesome, awesome gloves. The fit, the palms, everything is as great as described. So despite no direct interaction, thanks to all here who've posted helping me in my decision. :)

EagleCCM.jpg

Edited by ][ncognito