Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2005 Easton Catalogue Review

Whats the deal with the Z-Bubble Complete or whatever its called? A fused Z-Bub and Z-Carbon?

I'm guessing it's just the shaft and the blade, not fused. Kinda like how they used to sell T-Flex shafts with blades in them already.

JR, any info on the pricing for the new Synergies? Is the ST going to slip into the same price point as the regular synergy, and the SL into the place of the SiCore, or is there going to be a price increase?

What's the deal with "The One", is this to replace the Havoc? I'm guessing the Havoc didn't sell very well, because I never saw a single person using one, and the guys at my LHS said they sold like 2 since they had them.

Is the Ultra-Lite Grip just a Grip-Lite? I like the new colour to be honest. I wonder if the Wood Synthesis blade is the reason the Si-Core is no longer available.

I did not list prices for a reason. Probably why we won't go with Easton.

Dan - the Z-Bubble Complete is just a shaft/blade combo.

Eazy - yes, it's just a spiffed-up GL (with the newer grip)

Jebus............is it just me or are easton gloves getting more and more hideous.

I think it was Geki who said it best.........the custom gloves should be their retail gloves. There's a reason why pros use them.

Hi, Is the bubble gum syngery 500 glove, pink?? It looks kinda orange from the pics! The new easton glove range looks kinda wacky to me. I prefer the new mission gloves. The L7 looks like it could be a real nice glove!!! ;)

just FYI if they are using true carbon nanotubes on the SL then it will be the strongest most durable stick on the market due to the fact that Carbon Nanotubes are the strongest molecular structure known to man right now...

Just to put it in perspective - Kevlar can only hold up to 15,000 lbs while carbon nanotubes (the same variables used for each test) can hold up to 40 tons.

just learned this in AP chemistry today ;) thought id share

I'm happy fans of the Drury grips in 85 will have more than 1 option this year.

It is most definitely good to see that the Drury continues to be alive and well, even if it is only available on the higher end OPS and blades.

Jebus............is it just me or are easton gloves getting more and more hideous.

I think it was Geki who said it best.........the custom gloves should be their retail gloves. There's a reason why pros use them.

they look a bit boxy.

50-75 is a huge jump in flex, going to 65 in the intermediate makes more sense.

I did just fine this early fall and found it quite easily. Although TPS' 75 does seem quit whippy.

Why not a synthesis stealth blade, synthesis SL, or synthesis ST blade? They coulda been a big hit.

Might happen in 06 when the sticks are more publicized and a higher percent of the population has them and would be a successful product on the market.

EDIT: What the hell? How do i see the curves in a lefty version?

Edited by dangle3

i think easton killed their sales for the Synergy ST grip. not only are do the graphics look incredibly cheap, the green is well.. :ph34r: bold.

i think easton killed their sales for the Synergy ST grip. not only are do the graphics look incredibly cheap, the green is well.. :ph34r: bold.

If it is priced well, the grip stays on the shaft, and the stick performs, I don't see why it should matter. Lately, I have been using an old Vic X-Weave which has to be one of the uglier shafts ever but I use it anyway b/c it can really bring it when I shoot.

If it is priced well, the grip stays on the shaft, and the stick performs, I don't see why it should matter.

Knowing past Easton sticks though, the first two are out of the question. ;)

I wanna know more about the said Carbon Nanotubes used in the Synergy SL. I found the price for them to be in the range of 80-100 dollars per gram, so how much of it can there really be in a stick that costs less than 200 dollars?

It is actually pretty nice and not as restrictive as wrist wraps in the past. The ONLY problem I foresee is that it is NOT removable, and some people just won't want to buy a glove that has a wrist wrap. We'll see how that goes.

Can't you just cut the bloody thing off? Or will that effectively kill the glove's integrity strength wise?

Also I know I might get stoned for asking this but is Easton planning on making a line of Roller Hockey skates anytime soon? I miss the Z Airs back in the day... they were very nice at the time.

If they are as strong as someone here said, how much do you really need?

Well, they are incredibly strong, but in the catalogue it claims they're mixed in with the resin between all the weaves of carbon fibre in the blade. One gram of this stuff isn't going to make very much/any difference in the strength of the blade, you'd have to add more than that to really get anything out of it, so adding one gram of it would be a waste.

ill write a little bit more about the nano-tubes when i get back from practice... i need time to get my chemistry book and all the stuff we did on them..