Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

top_shelf_24

one-piece or two-piece?

do you like one piece or two piece sticks (reply why)  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I had been a OPS guy since they came out, but I recently bought some of those innovative shafts. I forgot how great a wood blade felt. I'm sure I'll still use the OPS, but the two-piece is now my #1

I stick with the 2-piece. You've got to cut the OPS when the blade breaks and even then the thing is shorter than normal so a plug has to be added to compensate for the length. They both perform the same and you're able to mix and match blades and shafts from different manufacturers in case you don't like the shaft or blade of the OPS version.

Going back and forth between both for the last four years, I gotta say their is definitely a difference. When they fuse a opc at the factory they smooth over the fuse-point with composite and paint, ect . . . I think that helps the stick to flex more naturally as one piece when passing and shooting. A lot of my passes and shots flutter more with a synthesis than a reg opc. This is not the same for standard shafts, because the blade is inserted higher and the kick-point is much higher, it does not affect it nearly as much.

Also, with a two-piece the advantage of this is I can catch passes much easier because the blade gives a lot more, whereas a opc blade is more solidly attached to the shaft causing pucks to be more apt to bounce off.

For me its 100% 2 piece...A) cant stand the composite feel and 2 pieces are USUALLY* less money and once i break my 1 piece cant use it ne more...unless im lucky and it breaks near the blade..

I love the feel of a OPS for stickhandling, passing, etc, but the gains totally do not justify the cost. A trusty Ultra-Lite, Cyclone, or Z-bubble with a hybrid lami blade is my staple stick, 30 dollars for a blade and 100 for a shaft is so much easier to stomache than 225 for a synergy.

Also, with a two-piece the advantage of this is I can catch passes much easier because the blade gives a lot more, whereas a opc blade is more solidly attached to the shaft causing pucks to be more apt to bounce off.

I have the same problem w/ OPS. My coach always gets pissed at me when i switch from a 2 piece to a OPS cause i can't catch a pass. I just ordered a R2 XN10 with a wood R2 nash blade so i'll be sticking with 2-piece for awhile.

I was VERY pleased with the Vapor XX I just had preformance wise. I actually thought the feel was as good or better than my Sher-Woods, the kick was amazing(easily the best I have used). Basically the stick was awesome; however the duribility of this stick sucks (I broke the blade after using it twice) and I just can't affored to replace them if they all break like that. So I voted for 2-pc, or wood unless you can affored OPS.

Tapered 2-piece b/c I don't notice a difference from a 2-piece of OPS, and I like to switch curves alot. Most OPS are cheaper but in the long run I think a 2-piece is worth the extra $.

I bought a few Drury grip si cores recently, but could never really get used to a ops. Its purely a mental thing, but for me the choice is 2 piece, and the weapon of choice is Ultra Lite 95's (friend in the ECHL had a bunch, perfect flex) with Inno Kovys.

i haven't really had a chance to regularly use a 2piece, but whenever i used one, it never really felt solid and i held back alot on my shots. so far the OPS's i've had have been on sale and they're holding up like tanks so i'm very happy with OPS, though i can't speak for everyone

It's not a huge deal for me either way. If everything I wanted was available at my fingertips I may say 2-piece, but since Drury's are mostly only available in OPS and theres more "premium" OPS than Tapered or Standard shafts I'd have to go with OPS.

I guess the OPS performs better for me. What I like about them is the consistency they offer, plus I’ve been fortunate and have only broken 2 in the past year. If I weren’t able to find an OPS I like, I’d probably go back to custom SherWood 7000’s.

i own an Easton UltraLite with a Pro 525-10 wood blade and 2 Easton Synergy Si-Core Grip's and would have to say i switch between them all the time. the 2 pc. has better feel and it's 100 flex so it's a bit stiffer whereas my SiCore's are 85 flex so there's more give. it just depends on how i feel as to which one i take to the ice :blink:

I prefer a 2 piece tapered shaft combo. I love my novius shaft and inno federov or TPS Ktachuk r2 blade. I've tried a syngergry, xn10, v120x(which i like), but i always come back to my novius combo.

I like the weight of a OPS but a decent feeling 2-piece (Inno shaft + Inno blade) has worked fine for me. I still flip-flop back and forth but always end up going back to 2 -piece. Usually if I do have a break, I break the shaft so a OPS becomes rendered useless.