Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
marka

TRUE TF9/TF7 skates

5 hours ago, OzziesDad said:

I dropped down from the 1/2" ROH, to a 5/8", and it made a HUGE difference. It pretty much alleviated most of my concerns in my previous post. Skating felt much more natural and normal (even in new skates).

If 5/8" has enough grip, it's time to try 11/16. And so on, until you find a hollow which is definitely too shallow.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, hockeydad3 said:

If 5/8" has enough grip, it's time to try 11/16. And so on, until you find a hollow which is definitely too shallow.

Agree, I took a big leap of 1/4" from 5/8 to 7/8 with very little adjustment.  Another 1/16 or more might be even better.  Personally, I could maybe go shallower, just haven't had the time / desire to experiment further yet.  Although I am probably at my upper limit.  I'm only playing once a week in a game situation, so I'd hate to go too shallow and ruin my night. 

Howdy,

On 9/23/2021 at 11:59 AM, the_game said:

I’d really love if True could either rivet the tendon guards themselves or use a stronger/better lasting screw that holds the tendon guard.

I’m very careful taking my skates off and dry out my skates after every use and this is the 4th time in a year one of the tendon guard screws have broken. Unfortunately this time the screw snapped too deep in the tendon guard that I might need a new tendon guard.

Not the end of the world, but still a pain in the arse to deal with.

I probably missed it in my search, but does anyone know the screw specs for the tendon guard screw?  I'm guessing 8-32, but the piece is small enough that its hard to tell.  Like the poster above, my screw snapped and I need to replace it (after I get the piece out that's still in there).

Mark

I dropped my TF7's off at the shop during my lunch break.

Swapping out the Shift holders and steel, for the CCM XS holders and Step Steel.

I just can't get used to them. I LOVE how the skate fits, and how the boot feels. I'm just far more comfortable overall in my FT4's, and it 100% has to do with the holder and steel, when comparing the two skates, and my skating in both skates multiple times each week.

Can't wait to get them back, and really put them to the test.

On 5/13/2022 at 1:03 PM, OzziesDad said:

I dropped my TF7's off at the shop during my lunch break.

Swapping out the Shift holders and steel, for the CCM XS holders and Step Steel.

I just can't get used to them. I LOVE how the skate fits, and how the boot feels. I'm just far more comfortable overall in my FT4's, and it 100% has to do with the holder and steel, when comparing the two skates, and my skating in both skates multiple times each week.

Can't wait to get them back, and really put them to the test.

A good shop that specializes in profiling would be able to fix that without swapping holders. 

18 hours ago, PBH said:

A good shop that specializes in profiling would be able to fix that without swapping holders. 

Probably has more to do with holder sizer than profile.

3 hours ago, the_game said:

Probably has more to do with holder sizer than profile.

Maybe I overlooked if he was going with a larger holder? 

Howdy,

I don't know if this is an error or not, but IceWarehouse has the True TF9 in sizes 6, 6.5, and 7 at $480 right now...  7.5 and up are the normal $600.

Mark

• Like 1

4 hours ago, marka said:

Howdy,

I don't know if this is an error or not, but IceWarehouse has the True TF9 in sizes 6, 6.5, and 7 at $480 right now...  7.5 and up are the normal $600.

Mark

Nice find, this is super tempting.!

Edited by beedee

Finally received my TF9 skates and rollerblades after a long wait cause of the country I’m in. Decided to treat myself and get rid of the foot pain I’ve experienced with Bauer (outside of the foot). I went half a size down listening to some of you guys and they fit really good. It is difficult to get my foot in the boot but once it goes in it’s a good fit. Snug all the way around the toe cap the way I like, the foam at the toes will take a little getting used to but the extra cushion is a nice touch imo. Just baked both pairs with no trouble. For the ice skates I’m going to give the shift holder a chance. I bought Step steel for them and will get them sharpened soon, I am used to tuuk so I’ll see how it goes. For the rollerblades I’ll swap my marsblade r1’s on them, just from looking at it it looks like all the holes will line up if I’m lucky. 

edit: just checked, the holes don’t line up and there’s 6 copper rivets per skate 😭

Edited by moonrockticktock

I just got the TF9 roller skates and I noticed that the holes for venting on the bottom of the boots have not been drilled.

I was thinking of drilling the holes myself and was wondering if anyone has done the same or have any experiences with this.  Any tips and tricks to doing it properly?  Will the way I drill the holes affect the integrity of  the boot at all?

2 hours ago, ThisisBen said:

I just got the TF9 roller skates and I noticed that the holes for venting on the bottom of the boots have not been drilled.

I was thinking of drilling the holes myself and was wondering if anyone has done the same or have any experiences with this.  Any tips and tricks to doing it properly?  Will the way I drill the holes affect the integrity of  the boot at all?

I believe this is intentional. Idk how common it is but the sweat could fall through the holes and onto the wheels and that’s never fun

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThisisBen said:

Backing up what @crispy92 said, why do you want to drill holes in the bottom of a inline boot? If you don't sweat at all then you might get away with it but if you are like just about everyone else on the planet and sweat something when exercising then holes in the bottom of the boot are a recipe for disaster. Moisture dripping thru the holes onto the chassis, bearings (they go rusty) and your wheels (you now have no grip) is nasty. And wait till everyone else playing sees the slippery snail like trails you leave everywhere and kick you off the rink.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vet88 said:

Backing up what @crispy92 said, why do you want to drill holes in the bottom of a inline boot? If you don't sweat at all then you might get away with it but if you are like just about everyone else on the planet and sweat something when exercising then holes in the bottom of the boot are a recipe for disaster. Moisture dripping thru the holes onto the chassis, bearings (they go rusty) and your wheels (you now have no grip) is nasty. And wait till everyone else playing sees the slippery snail like trails you leave everywhere and kick you off the rink.

I have 4 vent holes in my skates, a pair of converted ice Vapors and a pair of APXR. I have never run into a problem with sweat dripping onto my wheels, chassis or the playing surface. I go barefoot.

Edited by sturdy22

8 hours ago, Vet88 said:

I got them on a really good deal.

Since they seem to be identical to the ice version(minus the vent holes), my plan was to do a switcharoo of the holders with my (backup) pair of ice skates(True stock Junior skates with Tuuk holders).  The TF9's would then become my main ice pair and the True Junior's my roller pair.

39 minutes ago, ThisisBen said:

I got them on a really good deal.

Since they seem to be identical to the ice version(minus the vent holes), my plan was to do a switcharoo of the holders with my (backup) pair of ice skates(True stock Junior skates with Tuuk holders).  The TF9's would then become my main ice pair and the True Junior's my roller pair.

If you don’t plan on returning the boots just drill the vent holes. I’ve added vents to my trues, just use a bit that’s the same size as the vents on you other pair. 
Use a bit for composite materials that is sharp to avoid splintering.

• Like 1