Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Wicked3Aussie

Mission disappearing?

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

Have noticed recently that the Mission website has been taken down and Mission Skates now featured on the Bauer website.

No Facebook posts since 2019 either.

Anyone heard anything about mission being rebranded as Bauer?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seen the new Mission skate samples and the new catalogue, so they're not going anywhere yet... perhaps just a streamlining of the operations, and makes more sense to have the skates on the Bauer site to be seen by more eyeballs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be very surprised about this. I don't see the point in combining the two, as Bauer and mission basically completely dominate roller sales, especially in high end. From what I see they are very popular, so I don't see why they'd go anywhere. I would love to see mission put out some good roller pants and gloves one day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

The Mission guys who were out in CA are no longer with Bauer as of early this month. 


 

I heard a few had moved into other categories

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

The Mission guys who were out in CA are no longer with Bauer as of early this month. 


 

I get the business end of this but at the same time screw Bauer. As someone who was a kid when Bilt-Rite/Mission started to seeing it evolve and eventually make its way into the NHL only to be bought up and basically shuttered by Bauer is just depressing. Mission was always a great brand pushing the evolution and functionality with their equipment and they always had an edgy marketing approach & a design aesthetic that defined inline/roller hockey.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, the_game said:

I get the business end of this but at the same time screw Bauer. As someone who was a kid when Bilt-Rite/Mission started to seeing it evolve and eventually make its way into the NHL only to be bought up and basically shuttered by Bauer is just depressing. Mission was always a great brand pushing the evolution and functionality with their equipment and they always had an edgy marketing approach & a design aesthetic that defined inline/roller hockey.  

This pretty much describes my sentiments. I don't really understand this from a business perspective either. Is it because the costs of running multiple brands is too much. In my mind it seems like a non issue for Bauer. Let Mission run and do it's own thing, and even Easton and everyone else they've bought, itech etc, and let everyone think they're getting all these choices and it all ends up in your pockets anyway. Is there any reason not to do that? I'm far from a business man so I don't know the ins and outs, but it seems better than just gobbling up all the brands into one entity. 

I mean, Mission was big. Now they basically put out inline skates and crappy hockey pants that are like joggers with elastic waistbands...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed with all the comments, Mission skates are the most popular alongside Bauer from what i've seen, although i wouldn't be surprised if there was streamlining with skates in the near future (as we have seen with the ice line and the new fit system).  Also if anyone noticed in the new vapor protective line, licenced tech such as poron xrd, 37.5 etc that Bauer made a big deal about back in the day are slowly disappearing and being replaced with a Bauer equivalent, this could well happen with tech in skates?  Bauer seem to want to have market share in all areas, the loss of the hi-lo patent and how the roller market is now saturated with 80 76's, has this had any effect in sales and any future decision making.

If anyone has access to the global roller hockey skates analysis (posted the link below), would be interesting to see how the pandemic has affected the major brands, unfortunately here we have had a major shortage of inlines and people have just being buying what is available, so no doubt these companies will be spending more to increase production.  Would be disappointing to see Mission fall off the map, especially when the skates are more affordable or use to be more affordable than what the Bauers were.

https://primefeed.in/market-reports/4799747/global-roller-hockey-skates-market-2020-analysis-with-covid-19-crisis-mission-hockeyus-eastonus-tourus-bauerus/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2020 at 12:21 AM, Wicked3Aussie said:

Hi all,

Have noticed recently that the Mission website has been taken down and Mission Skates now featured on the Bauer website.

No Facebook posts since 2019 either.

Anyone heard anything about mission being rebranded as Bauer?

Bauer bought Mission back in 2008. They were going to keep mission inline. The inhalers were going to fit like supreme ice skates and vapors were going to fit like vapor ice skates.

I Work in a LHS for the past 3 years... but thats all I've heard about it. 

Kyle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JSchultz said:

 

Is it just me or do I spy the new mission skates?

 

What makes you think these are not just FZ-3 or FZ-5? Picture lacks detail, but going by the chassis those would be my guesses. They seem more white / have less black details but that could be just the image distortion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha, actually you're right. I think that this is just image distortion. I looked closer and saw that these still had a hi lo chassis whereas the rumor was new lineup would have revision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, JSchultz said:

Ha, actually you're right. I think that this is just image distortion. I looked closer and saw that these still had a hi lo chassis whereas the rumor was new lineup would have revision. 

I suggested the revision rumour as that’s what I was told by my LHS.

I’ve since got images & specs of the WM Inhaler range and can confirm they still rock the Labedas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2020 at 9:30 AM, kylec said:

Bauer bought Mission back in 2008. They were going to keep mission inline. The inhalers were going to fit like supreme ice skates and vapors were going to fit like vapor ice skates.

I Work in a LHS for the past 3 years... but thats all I've heard about it. 

Kyle

Yeah their first release was the Syndicate SE model run(Old Mission Design) and then released the Axiom line as the first Supreme last design.

Every model Mission since has been based on the Supreme last but missing out on a lot of features the top end Supremes get.

I was implying that it looks like Bauer is retiring the Mission brand.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if they're sticking with the white for the new line?

Loved the FZ line and personally miss the Axioms/ACs. Know white isn't for everyone but just think it looks pretty sweet for inline.

Also 99% sure that photo above is a pair from the FZ line.

Edited by That Inline Guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, That Inline Guy said:

Does anyone know if they're sticking with the white for the new line?

Loved the FZ line and personally miss the Axioms/ACs. Know white isn't for everyone but just think it looks pretty sweet for inline.

Also 99% sure that photo above is a pair from the FZ line.

Dm me your email and I’ll send you the images if you like.

Theyre white.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, That Inline Guy said:

Does anyone know if they're sticking with the white for the new line?

Loved the FZ line and personally miss the Axioms/ACs. Know white isn't for everyone but just think it looks pretty sweet for inline.

Also 99% sure that photo above is a pair from the FZ line.

Think about FZ but... reversed and white, not silver. Take away the dots, add some geometric lines... vents a bit more fang-ey.

And anyone can correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like a mostly stylistic update. 

Edited by honeless_blader
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, honeless_blader said:

Think about FZ but... reversed and white, not silver. Take away the dots, add some geometric lines... vents a bit more fang-ey.

And anyone can correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like a mostly stylistic update. 

Boring but that’s the going rate since the Bauer acquisition.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, honeless_blader said:

Think about FZ but... reversed and white, not silver. Take away the dots, add some geometric lines... vents a bit more fang-ey.

And anyone can correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like a mostly stylistic update. 

Yeah I’d agree with that.

Almost like the DS Update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as a roller hockey guy who loved Mission, it sucks. The Mission brand has been steadily fading year after year. It's hard to find any good Mission apparel and obviously any equipment that isn't skates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wickedslappah said:

as a roller hockey guy who loved Mission, it sucks. The Mission brand has been steadily fading year after year. It's hard to find any good Mission apparel and obviously any equipment that isn't skates. 

You can get a snapback hat and a windbreaker... Lol. I still wear my old type-m pants and injection pants. There only decent pair of pants I've seen the past few years are the tour Spartan xtr. Otherwise, the last decent pant mission made are the ds1s, and they weren't even great. 

Edited by Miller55
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...