Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
nutters

2021-2022 Gear Sightings

On 9/24/2021 at 12:33 PM, Tucker16 said:

Must be catalyst skates. I still like the original true skate. I have the second gen with more graphics but the original was so sleek. Even better in the VH days. 

The catalyst just looks like a diff skin. I bet they are gonna say it's lighter carbon but the toe cap etc looks the same just diff graphics.  But to be fair true's success is from their fit. Can't really mess with the design without messing with the fit. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

The catalyst just looks like a diff skin. I bet they are gonna say it's lighter carbon but the toe cap etc looks the same just diff graphics.  But to be fair true's success is from their fit. Can't really mess with the design without messing with the fit. 

It looks like the TF goalie skates, just with different graphics and a tendon guard. The toe cap and quarter pieces all look very similar to the branding and shell-covering scheme as the TF goal skates.

Edited by flip12
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, decoy said:

Yes, it doesn't seem to be a big update. Similar to 2X Pro → Hyperlite update.

Curious to see what Bauer has up their sleeves on this one 

On 9/24/2021 at 3:33 PM, Tucker16 said:

Must be catalyst skates. I still like the original true skate. I have the second gen with more graphics but the original was so sleek. Even better in the VH days. 

catalyst skates?

1 hour ago, decoy said:

Click to enlarge (image size 3858x2572)

8fb81b566b83388f9fc0cceb08645752

Looks like it says MACH on it, so I guess it ties it to the Ultrasonic theme they've started. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, decoy said:

Click to enlarge (image size 3858x2572)

Also looks like there’s a Missionesque flex notch between the 2nd and 3rd eyelets at the top.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nutters said:

Looks like it says MACH on it, so I guess it ties it to the Ultrasonic theme they've started. 

Only If they left the final aesthetics as seen in this picture

1 hour ago, flip12 said:

Also looks like there’s a Missionesque flex notch between the 2nd and 3rd eyelets at the top.

Yes, you can see it better from this image.

look-on-montreal-canadiens-center-nick-s

• Like 1

Clever. Another Graf detail incorporated by the other brands. CCM had that gap there first, going a few generations back. Now Bauer's got it and throwing in the flex dart for emphasis.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flip12 said:

Clever. Another Graf detail incorporated by the other brands. CCM had that gap there first, going a few generations back. Now Bauer's got it and throwing in the flex dart for emphasis.

My Micron Mega 10-90 skates had that notch, and I think it's a big reason why they were so comfortable to skate in.

• Like 1

Better look at the AS4 Pro

FAz5epQXoAAcS2q?format=jpg&name=900x900

Also, what's going on with the Ribcor T6 Pro? Pros are using it, but at retail I'm only seeing the second point T6 available for pre-order. Will the highest offering be pro exclusive?

17 hours ago, nutters said:

Also, what's going on with the Ribcor T6 Pro? Pros are using it, but at retail I'm only seeing the second point T6 available for pre-order. Will the highest offering be pro exclusive?

T6 Pro doesnt release until November. On the standard T6 is available for sale in stores today and pre-order online.

17 hours ago, nutters said:

T6 pro is just a later release date. Maybe it's CCMs strategy to get more sales for the second price point, and also hype up and get ppl to upgrade" to the pro. The reality is the second from the top probably is a great stick but people always tend to go to the "best" one off the bat. For me I prob will start trying tht second price point sticks before the top end mainly due to price. Also, nowadays the weight and performance of the second price point and even "team" versions are pretty damn good. 

For me the trigger 4 pro is a 400+ gram stick and about two years old now but is still one of my favorites. Im sure the "tech" and performance would be pretty similar to the second price point of the t6 or even the t5. 

21 hours ago, boo10 said:

My Micron Mega 10-90 skates had that notch, and I think it's a big reason why they were so comfortable to skate in.

I haven't seen the same feature I'm thinking of in Microns. I know they had the notch cut out between the third and fourth eyelets. I'm pretty sure every brand has tried that, though most stopped before Micron featured it. The Graf flex zone I'm referring to isn't actually a notch, but an extra space between the top and second eyelets on many Graf models. Graf's usually-lower boot height makes this roughly a spacing between the second and third eyelets on more traditionally cut boots. It's sort of a forced eyelet skip, though not as big of a jump as a full eyelet skip, promoting forward flex. CCM started having more space there in the second gen. JetSpeed, if I recall correctly. Now Bauer's doing it and emphasizing it the same way Mission did 15+ years ago.