Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Cutting OPS at fuse point.....

Sooo... if anybody ever found the fuse point on the One95, can you post up a pic of something you've done or at least a pic of where the fuse point is . It was quite obvious on the Synergy elite I've done, but I can't seem to find it on the One95.

I just made small cuts until the blade fits in the one95. I used an intermediate tapered blade though in a senior one95. I also just did a pro stock xxx lite. I thought I found a tenon, but I might be crazy. I chiseled out the shaft just like I did on a retail dolo.

SirJW - I just did a Vapor XXV. I cut the blade off right in the middle of the black part" You know the area where they paint black to hide the connection point? Cut it there, chiseled out, works great.

I have a broken Intermediate (67 flex) One95 that I would like to convert to a two piece. I cut off the blade 5/8" from where the yellow line starts (through the middle of the "f" of "flex" where it says the curve and flex on the side of the shaft) and the dimensions of the hole are 11mm by 25.5mm at the narrowest point. I was Wondering if I could fit a senior tapered blade in there as it is, if I would have to cut off another 1/2 inch or so, or if I would need a junior tapered. Also, does anybody know what the dimensions are of senior tapered blades, as well as juniors? Thanks in advance

I have a broken Intermediate (67 flex) One95 that I would like to convert to a two piece. I cut off the blade 5/8" from where the yellow line starts (through the middle of the "f" of "flex" where it says the curve and flex on the side of the shaft) and the dimensions of the hole are 11mm by 25.5mm at the narrowest point. I was Wondering if I could fit a senior tapered blade in there as it is, if I would have to cut off another 1/2 inch or so, or if I would need a junior tapered. Also, does anybody know what the dimensions are of senior tapered blades, as well as juniors? Thanks in advance

I've fit a jr tapered blade in an intermediate XXXX so it should work fine for you.

Thanks for the reply spence, another thing I have a question about is it possible to fit a sr. tapered into an int. One95 shaft without flipping/ cutting it too much higher, because I would rather try to fit a sr. blade because there are more options (my lhs only seem to have 1-2 junior tapered blades). I found earlier in the topic that the dimensions of a sr. tapered blade are 25x13mm (pg. 30) and as stated before I measured the hole of my int. One95 to be 25.5x11, so does this mean if I cut another 1/2 inch off or so, it might be 13mm wide and be able to fit a sr. tapered?

Thanks for the reply spence, another thing I have a question about is it possible to fit a sr. tapered into an int. One95 shaft without flipping/ cutting it too much higher, because I would rather try to fit a sr. blade because there are more options (my lhs only seem to have 1-2 junior tapered blades). I found earlier in the topic that the dimensions of a sr. tapered blade are 25x13mm (pg. 30) and as stated before I measured the hole of my int. One95 to be 25.5x11, so does this mean if I cut another 1/2 inch off or so, it might be 13mm wide and be able to fit a sr. tapered?

You could cut more off, or sand down the tenon of a tapered wood blade if you are willing to use wood

WIll a JR blade work in a SR OPS than has been cut? I have a Vapor XXX and a Sherwood T90 shaft and I don't want to flip them around or chop off 6in.

Flipped around or chopped off, a Jr blade won't work in a senior anything.

Flipped around or chopped off, a Jr blade won't work in a senior anything.

it might work if you use boatloads of tape around the tenon, but who the hell wants to use a jr blade? proportion would be way off.

As jr. blackhawks said, you can sand down the tenon for it to fit, but I would just order a jr. blade online if you don't have enough options at your lhs. Also, the one time I've tried to cut further up to fit a sr. blade in an int. stick I reached half way up the shaft until I realized it wasn't working. <_<

Just cut a dolo ops right above the circle logo and threw a tapered blade in. Will have to put a butt end in for a couple extra inches but I'll see how my brother likes it.

...but I'll see how my brother likes it.

ahahahaha. test mule.

i thought, if only for a moment, you were going to use a 2pc.

Sorry I don't have time to go back through the thread, but is it possible to take the blade out of a se16 ops?

You wont be able to pull the blade but you can cut along the fuse line and chisel out the tenon from the shaft. I use a chisel, dremel, and a heat gun. I have done this with an Easton ST, SE and SE 16, along with about a dozen Dolomites and pro AK27s.

Hey,

anyone of you ever cut a Ballistik Cal 45?

Is it possible to cut the Cal45 at the fuse point and use a tapered blade?

Thanks!

anyone used a file to shave down a tenon to make it fit? my X:60 broke and i'm going to try to salvage the blade using a more precise method than chisel hammer and heat.