Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
kovalchuk71

Cutting OPS at fuse point.....

anyone used a file to shave down a tenon to make it fit? my X:60 broke and i'm going to try to salvage the blade using a more precise method than chisel hammer and heat.

I've been using a palm sander to help find be more precise with the fuse point, might help.

i'm de-laminating as opposed to heating and pulling. i've found that the amount of heat needed to deactivate the epoxy greatly weakens the tenon.

if you file down the outer material, exposing just a portion of the tenon, with a screw driver or chisel you can wedge and unwrap the shaft material without heat. its easy, but finding the appropriate file is not. i ended up using a coarse one that i bought in a combo pack, but it clogged pretty quick.

yeah. you should clearly see where the fuse point is. cut it and then push the tenon out. i've started to use a chisel instead of heat. seems to work just as well, and doesn't hurt the shaft.

have you guys ever tried salvaging the wooden extension plugs on sticks.

after cutting my one95, i had to use a wood extension (2 inches) and i got like 6 inches left that i dont want to waste.

anyone ever tried sanding it down to fit other sticks butt ends?

thanks in advance guys and gals.

have you guys ever tried salvaging the wooden extension plugs on sticks.

after cutting my one95, i had to use a wood extension (2 inches) and i got like 6 inches left that i dont want to waste.

anyone ever tried sanding it down to fit other sticks butt ends?

thanks in advance guys and gals.

It's possible. If you think it's worth your time to sand it down...why not.

the cost of end plugs add up if you have a bunch of sticks, and they aren't exactly glamorous so I try to keep as many around as possible. if you're thinking about using the tops of the plugs, just tape off where you want the tenon to start, make a thin cut all the way around and use a chisel. sanding will take WAY too long, unless you have a belt sander.

Edited by shotty

Sounds like it would be a pain then. Might as well just give it a go and then tell us how it went

Haha, yeah, the only diff between the 85 and 95 i believe is the blade technology. Gotta find a tapered blade somewhere though, any suggestions...

Haha, yeah, the only diff between the 85 and 95 i believe is the blade technology. Gotta find a tapered blade somewhere though, any suggestions...

Not sure a regular sr tapered blade will fit since the taper is so thin. I fit an intermediate tapered blade into my broken one95. Maybe sand down the tenon of a sr wooden tapered blade?

Anybody think it'd be possible to pull the blade out of a one95 and reuse it? It's a pro-stock and a I love the curve but I wanna try a lower flex.

Can a Rebok 10K be converted? If so, what does it take? tapered, I assume, but I know what happens when I assume. 65$ down the drain

I've heard pro stock 10k's are easily converted. Not sure about retail 10K. You'll need a tapered blade.

stop

I doubt you would be able to heat and pull it