Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fonya

Oldest MSH Member

Come on guys, don't let me be the OLDEST.  :ph34r:

Most people your age are afraid of computers.

Am I going to get an ePlaque out of this, just like the product award winners?

Come on..no one here orders from the back of the menu yet?!? I play open against a guy who has one of those old WinnWell helmets, an old christian woodie, and has bauer skates that look like they belong in the hall of fame. He skates like the wind, and schools alot of guys. Has great moves and plays clean also.

Creaky fingers typing......nobody even close on here..... :P I cannot decide whether I should be coy and leave you all guessing....Played until I was 53...and that's been a while...arthritis got my knees so I had to quit....

Now maybe you can forgive my rambling (old school) posts and paranoid rants more easily..... :ph34r:

Wow, I'm impressed that you've retained all of that info over the years...thought you'd be senile by now ;)

Us "older" (not "old") members are smart. <_<

We keep journals. :)

Now maybe you can forgive my rambling (old school) posts and paranoid rants more easily

Heck, I think its good to have some old people around. We can give the young kids some perspective on the evolution of the game and the equipment and such.

Some of those old time hockey stories are pretty entertaining.

My Dad's first pair of Tack's were made out of Kangaroo skin (true).

They're hanging up on the wall of my son's bedroom allong with his old Stall & Dean puckmaster gloves.

These things go back to the late 40's early 50's when he played High School Hockey in Providence, RI. Lou Lamoriello was on his team.

Hockey is a great game with a fantastic history.

Anyone else love the history aspect of the game?

My Dad's first pair of Tack's were made out of Kangaroo skin (true).

I hear about those damn "'Roo's" everytime I purchase a pair of skates. "You know, I once had a pair of skates made from Kangaroo skins." Then the skates you used to break-in by wearing them in the tub.

I like understanding the history of equipment, and I also appreciate the guidance with school and my major and such.

I love the history of the game as well. I've got an old pair of CCM tube blade skates and a couple of old sticks as decorations around the house.

We got a couple of nicely framed black and white pictures of old hockey teams from the 1890's and 1910's on the wall as well. One is even a ladies team in long skirts...

Well my youngest son is only 19...maybe I should hold a contest..... :rolleyes:

MD you were really the first one to put a curve on your stick weren't you? Bobby Hull and Stan Mikita get all the credit. ;) In all seriousness I appreciate the knowledge our experienced members bring to the forum.

Actually both Boom Boom Caron and Boom Boom Geffreon may have done this before Mikita and Hull, but never get the credit.....

Don't forget Andy Bathgate...

I read in "The Stick" that Bathgate claims the Blackhawks borrowed some of his curved sticks one game when theirs got lost, and then they stole the idea from him.