Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Nice set Hills! How do you like them so far?

My Warrior Ritual G2 Custom Pros. Got them in last June and they've just sat around the house because I haven't played since last April. I'm looking forward to getting these babies on the ice today. :)

203_zpscxrjxshm.jpg

• Like 4

I can't believe you actually have Custom Pros...those are basically unicorn pads with all the production issues they had!

I love them, best pad I have ever worn easily.

• Like 2

Glad to they're working great for you! Do you use the elastic toe strap or did you go to another set up? I'm going to try the elastic and see how I like it, but I have the sliding toe bridges as a back up. Elastic felt fine during carpet flys so we'll see. I saw some of your vids on GSBB and you play well! :)

Yeah, I ordered these back in Dec '13, was quoted 8-10 weeks, and they didn't show up until mid-June. I moved back east at the same time and got busy with other stuff, so I haven't played any hockey at all and was totally out of the loop regarding Warriors production woes (aside from the six month turnaround on mine). I cannot believe what happened now that I'm caught up.

That being said, I'm excited to take the unicorns for a spin and see how I like them! They have to be pretty good to get me out of my Smiths.

Edited by Phantom

Mine never came with the elastic toe/boot straps since they are pro returns. So I am using a normal non-sliding toe tie.

Nice set Hills! How do you like them so far?

My Warrior Ritual G2 Custom Pros. Got them in last June and they've just sat around the house because I haven't played since last April. I'm looking forward to getting these babies on the ice today. :)

203_zpscxrjxshm.jpg

Those... Those are beautiful!!

New mitts.

ltRTh5Z.png

CCM 4-Roll Prime 13" Black/white

My EK15s were getting REALLY smelly (never had that before, my gear has never had any smell to it) and decided to try something different. I ordered these, some CL500s and some Bauer Nexus thinking if the CL500s don't fit right I've been wearing tight gloves for a long time and figured it was worth trying something on the other end of the spectrum. The CL500 felt WAY too small. Easily could have gone to a 14". The Nexus were big and floppy as I expected, but these 4-Roll Prime gloves were somewhat tight in the hand but insanely comfortable. It's also nice because they're half the price of the Nexus 800 and CL500s. Will be sending those back today :)

excellent glove. I thought they were great at the 79.99 price point, but now that they have dropped to 59.99, even better. I demoed them last SJ and was very impressed. The only issue I found with them was pretty much the same of any similar style/priced glove, ran a bit hot. I think this glove, with mesh gusseting, and something like the 37.5 as a liner would be the perfect beer league glove for me. Unfortunately I had to purchase my last pair of gloves in a hurry as I got to the rink and forgot my pair, but getting APX Pro for 80 bucks in MSH colorway was a nice tradeoff. Let me know how these work for you, I may still buy a pair in the near future.

New mitts.

My EK15s were getting REALLY smelly (never had that before, my gear has never had any smell to it) and decided to try something different. I ordered these, some CL500s and some Bauer Nexus thinking if the CL500s don't fit right I've been wearing tight gloves for a long time and figured it was worth trying something on the other end of the spectrum. The CL500 felt WAY too small. Easily could have gone to a 14". The Nexus were big and floppy as I expected, but these 4-Roll Prime gloves were somewhat tight in the hand but insanely comfortable. It's also nice because they're half the price of the Nexus 800 and CL500s. Will be sending those back today :)

Added Edge holders and LS3. Can't wait to get them on the ice for the first time tomorrow night

290DB438-570C-456E-87BA-B30B7A7FF2B4_zps

Nice work!

What kind of tongue is this?

I wish I had these tongues in my NXG's! after 12-14 month the tongues in my stock skates are so worn in that the lace bite has become unbearable.

Moving into a 1X skate in two weeks as I'm craving some felt.

New mitts.

....Awesome choice, man. Ive had mine for about 3 months and am very pleased. Mine replaced a 4 yr old e-pro. These fit a bit tighter and are definitely shorter in the cuff but I like them , so far....

Just got clearance to skate and play again so went out and bought myself a pair of Bauer Supreme 190 skates. So EXCITED!

4df752ab-bc05-4910-8ffb-3f6cc5e2e476.jpg

Edited by SmokinApricot
  • Like 12

Reminds me of Bauer's 1X branding, which reminded me of the Mako. Too little difference between brands these days.

• Like 1

Those actually look quite a bit like Makos. Do they have the flexible knee joint like the Makos do?

Never tried or really looked at the Mako's but here are some better pics along with the tech jargon printed on the inside of the liner. They're listed as "Neutral Fit" but they fit similar to the outgoing stealth series. Low profile, shallow, and seem more tapered from the bottom of the knee down through the shin compared to my 75s II's. Calf wrap and extended ACL protection is a molded Ufoam-esque sort of material.

IMG_3119.jpg

IMG_3117.jpg

IMG_3118.jpg

Never tried or really looked at the Mako's but here are some better pics along with the tech jargon printed on the inside of the liner. They're listed as "Neutral Fit" but they fit similar to the outgoing stealth series. Low profile, shallow, and seem more tapered from the bottom of the knee down through the shin compared to my 75s II's. Calf wrap and extended ACL protection is a molded Ufoam-esque sort of material.

I haven't really been impressed by a piece of Easton protective in a long time, but those look nice! might have to take a look. Congrats on the Shins!

Reminds me of Bauer's 1X branding, which reminded me of the Mako. Too little difference between brands these days.

The wonderful effects of market research!

Got this in today: 82 flex Wideman Nexus 8000

1E083FB3-783C-415E-94C8-471E3C1A349D_zps

I bought that same stick from the same site. I love it! Only bummer is they're all gone and nobody else really makes that curve in retail sticks. The toe curve with a square toe is absolutely perfect.....