Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fedorov#91

The Smartphone Thread

I tend to disagree.

Just like MSH, power users are a small percentage of the pie. Most Verizon users who switched from ATT didn't switch because they have more Android phones; they are there because of a crippled AT&T network.

Exact reason for me. At&t sucks.

I know everyone is all jacked up about the VZW iphone, but does anyone know if they are getting a new Blackberry along the lines of the Torch? I'm one of the few that really likes the BB platform, but if there is nothing new on the horizon, I may have to go to the iphone.

that's what happens when you rest on your laurels and stop innovating - someone else comes along and takes over and you dont have enough time to react. I would say it's probably already too late for blackberry - unless their next phone can do everything an android and iphone can do. Even then it would have to come out soon and not a year from now. Jim Basille's days might be numbered.

Non-enterprise people have BBs because at the time, that was all they could get from Verizon, that or a feature phone. It has a niche when it comes to BBM (which I still don't understand the fascination with)

I've been saying that for quite some time now, even in this thread - their days are numbered.

well, I just shatteredmy droids screen and even bent it slightly. Looks like I'm gonna need a new phone, and thankfully the iphones finally at verizon! if my phone will last me a month then that will be my purchase, if not, I may get another android.

I prefer the iphone, but the droids seem faster and more advanced imho.

Don't know but if its a nice new Android phone I'll be a little upset. Just upgraded to the evo cause there was no news on any new phones but the shift.

I don't think it will be a phone.

Something will disappear...limited plans...contracts...something.

im guessing unlimited data plans - which is the only reason i have sprint

im guessing unlimited data plans - which is the only reason i have sprint

Why would Sprint make a huge deal about taking stuff away? Seems to me that if they were taking something away from you, they would do it on the sly, or at least downplay it. Not hold a cocktail event with a hack magician to bring it front and center. They have to be introducing something. iPhone maybe? They DID say during the Verizon thing on Tuesday that the CDMA version was NOT exclusive to Verizon.

Why would Sprint make a huge deal about taking stuff away? Seems to me that if they were taking something away from you, they would do it on the sly, or at least downplay it. Not hold a cocktail event with a hack magician to bring it front and center. They have to be introducing something. iPhone maybe? They DID say during the Verizon thing on Tuesday that the CDMA version was NOT exclusive to Verizon.

we were just joking - im sure they are introducing something new - it was just funny they have a magician involved so i was trying to guess what would "disappear"

Read the thing - it says "industry first"

A Sprint CDMA iPhone isn't an industry-first.

Huge deal about taking stuff away? AnyMobile was a huge deal. None of the other carriers have beaten them on that.

My money is on a $70 unlimited plan which includes multiple devices per user (so you can share data between your smartphone/tablet)

If a phone, then the 3D HTC.

Being a Sony Ericsson guy, I'm really excited to see the Xperia Arc. It seems like they fixed the bogged down mediascape and from what ive seen it runs like a dream.

So I checked out the 4G verizon map, and it only has NYC listed. I entered my address (middle of l.I.) and found out I won't get 4G in 2011. Guess I'm holding out on a new phone until the 2nd gen 4G phones. Hopefully then It'll have all 3 of my wish-list specs (4G, Dual core, and over 1 Gb of RAM.)

what's the easiest way to root an original moto droid? I searched around and even tried the superoneclick thing and it didn't work. I don't know how much better a rooted droid is, but I'd like to find out.

Thanks

Bob

There was an app called Easy Root that was a one click root. Check the marketplace or online for it. you might have to do it the hard way which involves command prompts on both your computer and phone. trust me, thats not a fun thing to do.

A rooted Droid is A LOT faster. Lets you control the speed/battery life of the device, change the roms on the phone, wifi tether for free, and more.

There was an app called Easy Root that was a one click root. Check the marketplace or online for it. you might have to do it the hard way which involves command prompts on both your computer and phone. trust me, thats not a fun thing to do.

A rooted Droid is A LOT faster. Lets you control the speed/battery life of the device, change the roms on the phone, wifi tether for free, and more.

I understand the simple things like controlling the cpu and wifi tether, which is enough to get me to root it, but I'd like to figure out roms though haha