Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lampliter87

'09 NFL Thread

The Titans' kickers also spent all of warm ups trying to hit it. That screen, plus the cowboys missing the playoffs, will lead to a very soap opera-ish environment down there this year.

I enjoyed ESPN saying Brett's 1/4 game was great.

Yeah...the kicker's leg tightened up, so Ocho kicked.

Did anyone see the punters in the Dallas game hitting the scoreboard at New Texas Stadium during warmup? $1.2B and the engineer missed on how high to hang the screen? Nice!

Juice and lancer....chat about NFL or not at all. Keep it up and warnings follow.

He is a pretty good punter though :lol:

the thing with favre is he needs a little bit of time to throw the ball if you noticed everytime he was getting rushed and im not gonna lie when he got blasted (as he threw he last pass i believe) i didnt think he was gonna get up...in my eyes the offensive live was helping him as much as they should be

I was surprised they played Favre. It was more of a media/fan deal I believe. He wasn't really ready to play and it did seem that way. But it'll be interesting to see how things progress as he gets in tune with the rest of the team. Might be a fun year in the NFC North!

Yeah, pretty sure the Titan's kicker did it just to say he was the first. They are talking about moving the screen up another 10 yards.

Edit: And why wouldn't they play Farve, he's obviously there for the starting job. They need to see if he can handle it.

Pats trade Richard Seymour to Oakland for 2011 first rounder.

I really like this trade, because Seymour has not been dominant for two to two-and-a-half years, after he injured his knee. In fact, my memory is he only had one impact game last year, against the Jets (I believe). When people were asking whether the Pats should re-sign Wilfork or Seymour, I figured they'd let Seymour go, so picking up a first-rounder is a bonus.

Regarding this year, because Seymour has declined, I think a couple of their younger players can pick up the majority of the production.

Well, it's not until 2011, but the their track record gives it a good chance for a top 15 pick. The other thing is there is strong likelihood of a rookie salary slotting coming in with the next CBA, so team's will actually want to keep high first rounders.

The Raiders need a few things:

1.Al Davis, and I actually like the guy (prepares to dodge rotten fruit), either needs to pass away or step away from the club. His personality conflicts make it difficult for anyone to last in Oakland, and the game has just passed him by. Part of it is those of us in the fan base, we're basically the NFL's answer to Leafs' fans. Oakland's attendence issues really have more to do with that idotic PSL policy they originally had than shrinking fan base.

2.A good traditional franchise QB. I like Russel, and I think he'll do well in the NFL, but he's way too big to be a traditional QB. He doesn't have the mobility in the pocket, and he seems to act more like a RB than a QB when he carries the ball. He needs to be broken of that, or he's going to get hurt.

3.A real head coach. I don't think Tom Cable did a bad job stepping in last year, but he's not a head coach. Obviously a franchise is only going to get so many John Maddens, but the instability in the coaching has been a major issue for Oakland.

4.Wide outs. Oakland's running game was very good last year, top 10 in the league. But the reality is the Superbowl teams were 23(Steelers) and 32(Cards) in rushing. Throwing the ball in the NFL has to be the priority with the rushing game built around it. Just proof of how out of date Davis really is in football terms.

5.Defensive backs. Oakland had a pretty good D-line, but the secondary has been weak.

6.More than anything really, they need stability. With revolving door headcoachs, and staff changes that accompany it, it's impossible to accomplish much of anything. Until Al Davis is gone that's probably not going to happen, and with him gone the other problems would sort themselves out. Take what you can get until then I suppose.

I have to disagree with you on number 4. Running and passing go hand-and-hand. Yes the Cardinals made it without a serious running game but they have Fitzgerald... no one stops Fitzgerald.

Any team without someone like him needs to have a solid running game that can get yards to open up for the pass.

I have to disagree with you on number 4. Running and passing go hand-and-hand. Yes the Cardinals made it without a serious running game but they have Fitzgerald... no one stops Fitzgerald.

Any team without someone like him needs to have a solid running game that can get yards to open up for the pass.

At the NFL level this just isn't true. You need the running game to keep the defense honest, and the short yardage situations. But end of the day, that level of football requires passing more than it does the rush. This is even become true in higher levels of college football. Thus you can have a team like the Cards whose weak rushing game was carried by being successful through the air. Passing attempts are also in a number of ways easier than rushing. Pass blocking is a lot less stressful on an offensive line than rush blocking schemes are going to be. In any rushing situation you're going to be asking the O-line to beat linebacks once the run hits the second level. If you have to depend on that to win football games you're probably not going to see a lot of success.

Holy crap, I hate the Steelers but Polomalu (sp?) is a f'n stud. Like Al Michaels said, "is it possible for someone to make the Pro Bowl after one quarter?"

the madden curse has struck once again...pretty good game lastnight besides for titans kicker missin a field goal and also gettin one blocked :P

FANTASY ALERT: Trade Larry Fitzgerald NOW!

Did anyone see the Jets / Houston game when Thomas Jones had a 38 Yard TD Run. He went over near the fans behind the end zone and a you could see a Houston fan give Jones the double finger briefly before the camera broke away.

same old stuff for mcnabb...i heard two reports can anyone inform me of the one thats true..i heard he had a cracked rib and i heard he had a broken rib i believe atleast he had an okay game before the hit and also anyone think it was a dirty hit(i didnt get to see it i was at a hockey game im just going by what local radio was saying)

same old stuff for mcnabb...i heard two reports can anyone inform me of the one thats true..i heard he had a cracked rib and i heard he had a broken rib i believe atleast he had an okay game before the hit and also anyone think it was a dirty hit(i didnt get to see it i was at a hockey game im just going by what local radio was saying)

Local Radio in philly?

Local Radio in philly?

yea philly radio

Word on SportsCenter is Urlacher is done for the season.

and heard the same thing hurt his wrist