Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lampliter87

'09 NFL Thread

I don't know how dirty it was, but it was definitely late. I mean it was incredibly late, but it's a hit you generally see in most games when a guy rolls in late on a tackle.

Word is that Carolina signed AJ Feeley, and the Eagles signed Jeff Garcia......again?

Eagles need someone to be the #2 while the McRibs heal.

I don't think he'll be number two. Kevin Kolb hasn't impressed anyone outside of the Eagles organization ever since he was drafted. I chalk that pick up as a bust...let Garcia play Week 2-3, and depending on the severity of the injury, Vick start Week 5. The bye in week four is definitely going to help.

God the bengals have terrible luck. Its not like they much room for bad luck because they are rarely in games but god that was brutal in the denver game yesterday. Thank god i am a colts fan

Hmm...maybe the Bills won't be as bad as I thought they would be this year.

Don't ruin this for me...let me live in my little dream world for a least a couple weeks.

Way to go Mckelvin. Way to singlehandedly lose that game. Some players just dont understand game management. Your running game has been great, just lay down, run a few plays, get one 1st down and the game's over, you win. But you get greedy and try to break through 3 tacklers and run it back so you can be on sportscenter. Congratulations, you will be on sportscenter...

Way to go Mckelvin. Way to singlehandedly lose that game. Some players just dont understand game management. Your running game has been great, just lay down, run a few plays, get one 1st down and the game's over, you win. But you get greedy and try to break through 3 tacklers and run it back so you can be on sportscenter. Congratulations, you will be on sportscenter...

...and Sportscentre.

Forget fall down after contact...take a damn knee for Christs sake!!!!!!!

All I have to say about watching the panthers this year can be summed up in the NFL.com headline: "Panthers sticking with Delhomme".

Give him one more game at most. If he can't handle it, perhaps we should bring back Testaverde... Right now the only other QB we have is McCown.

This could be a long season.

Well, I'm gonna say it: for the first time since the Super Bowl run after '02 I'm excited about the Raiders. They didn't win tonight, but then they had a TD stolen so that might have something to do with it, but they played extremely well. I don't think you could have asked for a better defensive effort. Russel seems to be a bit of a question mark still, which bothers me a bit. It's great to watch him throw a 57 yard TD pass on 4th & 15, but consistancy was an issue. Oakland played straight up smash mouth football, like the Raiders of old, and did it well. SD spent all night running east and west, and LT might as well have stayed in the locker room. Expecting a post season run would be silly, but this is a team that could go 8-8. That's realistic, the real issue is going to be whether Davis will give the team they time the need.

I don't think he's a question mark at all; I think he's terrible. If Nosferatu wasn't still the owner I'm sure they'd have a coach, a capable one, that would put someone who can manage a game in there. Not saying Garcia was that QB, but Walter deserved more out there.

If I had my preferences I'd rather see a traditional QB taking the snaps, but then again, a traditional QB couldn't have gotten out in front on that reverse and pushed a linebacker 6 yards out of the play either. Arm wise, no question he has a gun. But he really hasn't had any time to develop, and there's certainly an element there of too much pressure too fast.

The reality of Tom Cable's situation is that Russel is going to be the QB in Oakland for the time being, he can work with that or end up coaching college ball like Kiffin. He's not the next John Madden perhaps, but end of the day he put a team on the field that was, by all rights, supposed to be destoryed by one of the most talented offensive teams in the league and ended up with a well fought contest ulimately decided by the refs. You can't put the Russel situation on Cable, reality of coaching in Oakland is dealing with Al Davis' decisions.

Somewhat trivial, but I thought both Oakland and Cincy misplayed their last-chance efforts.

They each had enough time for two plays (barely), and I believe Oakland had timeouts, but they threw Hail Marys. Given the defenses rushed three, and had the rest spread out over 60 yards, I don't understand why they didn't try to pick up 20-25 yards on a second-to-last play. There were plenty of open areas for a receiver to exploit. He could go out of bounds, or they could call a time out, but the reduced distance would give the QB the chance to have slightly more accuracy on his last throw, rather than just throwing a punt into the air.

Somewhat trivial, but I thought both Oakland and Cincy misplayed their last-chance efforts.

They each had enough time for two plays (barely), and I believe Oakland had timeouts, but they threw Hail Marys. Given the defenses rushed three, and had the rest spread out over 60 yards, I don't understand why they didn't try to pick up 20-25 yards on a second-to-last play. There were plenty of open areas for a receiver to exploit. He could go out of bounds, or they could call a time out, but the reduced distance would give the QB the chance to have slightly more accuracy on his last throw, rather than just throwing a punt into the air.

On the flip side when you've got a QB like Russel that can put the ball 80 yards down field it might be a good way to catch the other team naping. Also, with Russel's accuracy problems putting the ball up and letting the receiver try to make a play was probably the smart way to go. Either way, I'm pleased with the vast level of improvement so I'll call it fortunes of war.

The problem is the Chargers weren't napping -- they were sitting between the 5 and the 20. Catching them napping would have been throwing to the 50 and telling the guy to run until he sees :01 on the clock.

Are all the Cowgirl fan's gonna blame Tony Oh-No for that one? God, I'm so glad he's a Cowboy!!

In the words of Antonio Pierce: "The NY Giants would like to thank the Cowboys for inviting them to the housewarming party!"

Are all the Cowgirl fan's gonna blame Tony Oh-No for that one? God, I'm so glad he's a Cowboy!!

In the words of Antonio Pierce: "The NY Giants would like to thank the Cowboys for inviting them to the housewarming party!"

Who else is to blame? He threw the ball right to the Giants 2 times, both of which resulted in scoring drives. The one off Witten's foot was absurd at worst, lucky at best.

Who else is to blame? He threw the ball right to the Giants 2 times, both of which resulted in scoring drives. The one off Witten's foot was absurd at worst, lucky at best.

Yeah, that was some crazy shit. Would have been another Defensive touchdown, but got blown dead. By the way, it was THREE interceptions, not two.

Yeah, that was some crazy shit. Would have been another Defensive touchdown, but got blown dead. By the way, it was THREE interceptions, not two.

Right, 2 of them Romo threw right to the Giants. The other one was off Witten's foot. Just like I said.