Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

Kesler definitely using an S19 tonight. I actually had to do a double take watching the game, but he is.

111097928_slide.jpg

they were on the road he could have gone through the sticks he brought along and was using somebody's stick that uses easton that was close to his stick. it happens more times than we realize due to limited amount of space on the plane.

they were on the road he could have gone through the sticks he brought along and was using somebody's stick that uses easton that was close to his stick. it happens more times than we realize due to limited amount of space on the plane.

I don't believe that for a second. Ryan Kesler isn't some 4th line stiff. If he wanted new sticks, he'd have them. I get it was the last game of their road trip, but there is no way if Kesler wanted his usual X60, he wouldn't have had them.

LOL - Hey Ryan, you're 5th in the league in goal scoring, but sorry, we have to leave your sticks behind to make room for Chris Higgins or Maxim Lapierre's stuff on the plane. Come on.

Is it just me or is the preds player there holding the wrong handed stick?

player is Nick Spaling, a lefty. Thats a righty twig, probably broke his and snagged one off of the bench

it happens more times than we realize due to limited amount of space on the plane.

They would have new sticks Fedex Priority Overnighted. They'd arrive before 10:30 AM anywhere in North America. The cost would be a drop in the bucket to an NHL team.

Kesler hasn't had a goal in two weeks and has only scored in two games since February 15th. He's most likely just trying to change things up to bust out of a slump.

They would have new sticks Fedex Priority Overnighted. They'd arrive before 10:30 AM anywhere in North America. The cost would be a drop in the bucket to an NHL team.
Kesler hasn't had a goal in two weeks and has only scored in two games since February 15th. He's most likely just trying to change things up to bust out of a slump.

I couldn't agree more with both of you guys.

The S19 is a nice stick..I cannot justify paying $230 for a new one, but if I could, I'd get a few of them..

I'd break em, but they do perform

I would assume he would add a slash guard to his elbow pad or maybe wear wrist guards.

Yeah, but what I mean is if u look at the underside of a Franchise glove the cuff holds the palm there basically, what Im wondering is what would be there instead, or maybe it is just a smaller cuff just there to hold the glove together

I remember a few years ago hearing about a player (dont remember his name) than ran out of sticks on a road trip while his team was in Philadelphia. Having previously played for the Flyers he knew where they kept all the sticks at the arena and went in and "borrowed" some.

Yeah, but what I mean is if u look at the underside of a Franchise glove the cuff holds the palm there basically, what Im wondering is what would be there instead, or maybe it is just a smaller cuff just there to hold the glove together

I had a feeling that's what you meant lol. Hmm I know in one of the threads(might even be this one) they showed the inside of Ovi's gloves and his has nothing there above the palm. I capped a picture from Youtube of him in the ASG in Montreal to show.

wunjgi.png

As a side-note on the Spaling thing, he probably broke his and got another stick from a forward. no way the EQM would give him a wrong stick to use from the bench

Look again, boys. Spaling is holding his own stick but the way he has the shaft in his hands in that picture makes it appear that he has a wrong-handed stick.

Look again, boys. Spaling is holding his own stick but the way he has the shaft in his hands in that picture makes it appear that he has a wrong-handed stick.

Maybe you should look again. All the pictures of Spaling I see online are of him shooting left, he's holding the stick the same way in the said picture.

As a side-note on the Spaling thing, he probably broke his and got another stick from a forward. no way the EQM would give him a wrong stick to use from the bench

I don't know what exactly happened, but it seems like he's holding the same model of stick he usually uses from what I see on google images. Just happens that it's the wrong handed curve

He is holding the stick with the bottom side of the shaft towards the camera but it is flipped over such that the blade appears to you to be the wrong-hand.

It's a left handed stick guys, take a closer look. The shaft is facing us, it's an optical illusion.

I don't believe that for a second. Ryan Kesler isn't some 4th line stiff. If he wanted new sticks, he'd have them. I get it was the last game of their road trip, but there is no way if Kesler wanted his usual X60, he wouldn't have had them.

LOL - Hey Ryan, you're 5th in the league in goal scoring, but sorry, we have to leave your sticks behind to make room for Chris Higgins or Maxim Lapierre's stuff on the plane. Come on.

Bauer's not the only brand trying to get Kesler in their gear. Warrior has made gear for Kesler as well but he never ended up using them in a game.

I noticed on PK Subban's goal 5 seconds into a powerplay today he was using a S19, and right after he scored he went to the bench and switched it back to a Reebok stick. Was that his, or a teammate's? Other than that powerplay he was using his Reebok stick when they were even strength, wasn't paying attention if he used the S19 on other powerplays.

SubbanWis.jpg