Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

Working at the Caps practice rink (for even a short time), having felt a good number of sticks off the Caps bench, having talked to our reps (including the Reebok/CCM rep), and having talked to Reebok's product manager for their stick line about Ovechkin's sticks I feel comfortable in saying that Ovechkin does not use a Bauer stick. I could call our rep or Brock Myles to make sure but I don't think they would like me wasting their time like that

Ovechkin likes to use sticks with a range of feels. "True" OPS, fuses OPS, and a bunch of other options. It's not the exact stick you'll buy off the rack, but not many are. We've got a bunch of Tyler Sloan TOs in the shop that are different than retail so why wouldn't #8's?

If Ovechkin was that uncomfortable with the sticks he'd use ones he like better for numerous reasons stated previously in this thread and many others on MSH.

I know that this may sound weird, and it is incredibly simple....but...whats to stop ovie and ccm to just buy one95's and dress them as cl's themselves? chances are in the 08-09 playoffs when ovie was using the one95's (unhidden) that he just bought them? do you think he would get them direct from bauer? they were branded with ovie on the nameplate...

What Staal111218 is saying is that the stick conspiracy you are claiming is not possible. He has first hand knowledge of the stick situation.

Furthermore, I don't believe that the Tackla logo on the "flap of the pant" is actually the kidney pad of the pant. I think it could be an extra pad sewn into the center of the back of the padded shell, which is what "lays" on top of the pad he has attached to the bottom of his shoulder pad for double protection on his lower back.

i wasnt talking about the tackla flap being the kidney pad. I think that flap is just that back piece he has now on his pants. I was saying that the only things on those pants that are the same as the retail v08 were the spine protector and kidney pads. You can even see how much higher the spine pad is compared to retail.

Yeah, CCM's going to give them a decal package...get real, guys.

Someone with first-hand knowledge, one who would have to sign off on what you are saying, posted in this thread. It does not get any more bottom line than that.

That all being said, let's move on.

What brand of jock does OV wear? This is getting ridiculous......

Well, let me pick up my self off the floor from that ROFL. Sooooo right.

Sorry I mentioned anything, I just passed along what I was told by a couple people, I assumed, knew what they were talking about.

The cycling industry has been doing it for years. Many Tour De France winners, the majority, were not riding a bike that their sponsors built. They would have either Litespeed or a custom builder make a bike and use the decals from the sponsoring team. This type of thing does happen and with all the relabeling in hockey, it would not shock me.

When the hell was that taken? Geno was hurt before Kovey even signed on.

Today. Team picture...

Malkin even did a couple laps and said he felt good. Doctors said don't even think about coming back til next season.

Have you worked as a pro rep?

I can tell you from first hand experience as one that a player with a contract will have no problem in switching and doesn't care about the terms of their contract if they feel their stick/equipment is inferior to the one they are contractually obligated to use. Case and point, Mats Sundin in 2003 when he was under contract to CCM and used a TPS stick, Ziggy Palffy early 2000's when he switched to KOHO gloves from VIC, Dustin Brown 2011 when he ditched Combat for first Easton and now Bauer. There are probably others out there, but those immediately come to mind.

I have worked in the business and know how it works. There is no way Bauer (or any other company) would do this or allow it to happen to their sticks...GUARANTEED!

You left off probably my favorite one ever, Brett Hull using blacked out Z-Bubbles with "Mission" sharpied on them.

visited real sports yesterday. Noticed that Kessel's total ones have no stick code after the curve and flex. And there was a black spray painted true s19 with the white candy cane tape job. Also Tim Brent's EQ50 has the weights window but was spray painted over with black paint.

Touche!

To clarify my point about companies not allowing it, I meant Company A (Bauer) allowing Company B (CCM/Reebok) to cover Graphic A with Graphic B.

Absolutely, I think the Hull scenario is a great example. He obviously couldn't get Z-Bubbles painted up like Missions and since Mission was harping on him about using their sticks then he did the what in his mind was the next best thing, black out some Z-Bubbles and grabbed the sharpie.

You left off probably my favorite one ever, Brett Hull using blacked out Z-Bubbles with "Mission" sharpied on them.

Anyone have any photos of this? I can't even imagine how it would look.

Actually, here in the DC area and working at a shop, I know several reps that work with the Caps and up until only recently, the CLs Ovi has been using were indeed One95s dressed to look like CLs. Recently, CCM put a stop to that practice and as such, Ovi has not liked his sticks and is talking to these other reps as his CCM contract is up at the end of the year and he is not happy with the way his actual CLs are working out.

Salesmen never talk out of their ass either, eh?

If people here are interested (duh...), North Dakota's squad is wearing the new 11k helmet against Michigan on ESPN 2 (Leafs TV online in Canada) right now.

If people here are interested (duh...), North Dakota's squad is wearing the new 11k helmet against Michigan on ESPN 2 (Leafs TV online in Canada) right now.

actually looks much better in real life than in NHL 11. Maybe just because they don't have the reebok wordmark across the front