Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

spez_80666.jpg

anyone know whats up with the white s19?

i think he may be using the stick as long as possible since he got 4 points using the new white version

With him being CCM's main guy, I would think the marketing dept would like to see him in the latest product. His Ovi edition U+cl had great wall appeal, it really stood out from the other skates at my LHS. Maybe there's some glut of U pro's out there that need to be moved...lol.

Thats what I would think too. If I was ccm I wouldn't let our main guy not sport the newest products. But I mean his gloves are an example of an old line, who knows what that stick actually is anymore (I have a pro stock one from last year and it is just a one95 dressed as CL) and his pants are tacklas but just branded with ccm's logo and spine protector pad.

(I have a pro stock one from last year and it is just a one95 dressed as CL)

Wrong, it's a CCM stick painted to look like...wait for it...a CCM stick. Bauer doesn't make sticks with CCM graphics, Easton does not make sticks with Warrior graphics, and so on etc

Thats what I would think too. If I was ccm I wouldn't let our main guy not sport the newest products. But I mean his gloves are an example of an old line, who knows what that stick actually is anymore (I have a pro stock one from last year and it is just a one95 dressed as CL) and his pants are tacklas but just branded with ccm's logo and spine protector pad.

Not possible

Wrong, it's a CCM stick painted to look like...wait for it...a CCM stick. Bauer doesn't make sticks with CCM graphics, Easton does not make sticks with Warrior graphics, and so on etc

sorry bud. without a doubt his U+ cl's from last year were one95's dressed as CL's. Has exact feel of one95 as well as weave of carbon fiber on the blade. Not to mention the paint is wearing off and you can see the tactile corner grip. Got it directly from TSR. even they said it was a one95 dressed as a CL.

Not possible

whats not possible? he uses vector gloves from 2008, and uses tackla pants...

credit to Chris Cistaro on PHEW for this pic/ You can see the tackla logo on his pant flap.

screenshot20110406at441.png

CCM didn't paint over One95's, Bauer would never allow it, nor would any other company. What they did was make a stick just like a One95 so they could keep Ovechkin using their logo'ed sticks. As for the pants, he is probably wearing Tackla pants with a CCM shell.

CCM didn't paint over One95's, Bauer would never allow it, nor would any other company. What they did was make a stick just like a One95 so they could keep Ovechkin using their logo'ed sticks. As for the pants, he is probably wearing Tackla pants with a CCM shell.

pants are like a tackla/ccm hybrid with that high floating spine protector thing. And i see what your saying for the stick, but wouldn't companies say the same thing about gloves be rebranded? look at Thornton with his ccm branded eastons.

sorry bud. without a doubt his U+ cl's from last year were one95's dressed as CL's. Has exact feel of one95 as well as weave of carbon fiber on the blade. Not to mention the paint is wearing off and you can see the tactile corner grip. Got it directly from TSR. even they said it was a one95 dressed as a CL.

whats not possible? he uses vector gloves from 2008, and uses tackla pants...

credit to Chris Cistaro on PHEW for this pic/ You can see the tackla logo on his pant flap.

Ovi pic

look again, it's the added custom spinal flap that says tackla, but the pants he wears are clearly ccm...v08's i believe.

look again, it's the added custom spinal flap that says tackla, but the pants he wears are clearly ccm...v08's i believe.

nah all that is v08 is the connected tailbone pad and kidney pads. which is alot higher than normal v08's. also his don't have the button/zipper or front vent pattern as the retail v08's. there clearly custom. he wore something closer to the retail v08s in the 08-09 season. since then they've been custom. i have retail v08's..they are much different

pants are like a tackla/ccm hybrid with that high floating spine protector thing. And i see what your saying for the stick, but wouldn't companies say the same thing about gloves be rebranded? look at Thornton with his ccm branded eastons.

It's been debunked that Thornton is in Eastons. Pretty sure Marcelo had a story about how CCM made him gloves based on Eagle specs or something along those lines. Will dig around and see if I can find it.

Edit: The glove was made at Eagle, yes, but, it was not an Eagle glove.

The glove Joe likes is a CCM Pro Model that Eagle manufactured for CCM, and that was patterned from CCM dies (I don't recall the model number).

The guy who told you not possible right after my post works for Bauer and could tell you exactly what is in every pro's hands in the NHL that uses a Bauer stick, he'd know. They're not Bauer sticks, end of story.

Actually, here in the DC area and working at a shop, I know several reps that work with the Caps and up until only recently, the CLs Ovi has been using were indeed One95s dressed to look like CLs. Recently, CCM put a stop to that practice and as such, Ovi has not liked his sticks and is talking to these other reps as his CCM contract is up at the end of the year and he is not happy with the way his actual CLs are working out.

Actually, here in the DC area and working at a shop, I know several reps that work with the Caps and up until only recently, the CLs Ovi has been using were indeed One95s dressed to look like CLs. Recently, CCM put a stop to that practice and as such, Ovi has not liked his sticks and is talking to these other reps as his CCM contract is up at the end of the year and he is not happy with the way his actual CLs are working out.

Which shop?

If he didn't like the u+ cl's couldnt he just get bauer branded one95's, I know he's under contract but he's used bauer branded sticks before.

Without proof (i.e. photo), I 'm going to go out on a limb and call your story 100% fabrication. Having been a pro rep, this isn't happening and through my personal experience, I know that no company would dream of doing this.

There is no way Bauer or anyone is doing this for Ovi. There's plenty of Ovi sticks that have been made by other companies to where they wouldn't put another company's logo and/or graphics on their stick.

Sorry, never happened and not happening.

:facepalm: why the he** would he make up a lie about this, not saying he's right and sorry for the language but both of you are relying on experience and credibility alone (which I must admit for you personally JA, you seem to have more of it on these boards and I would be inclined to believe you more) but seeing as neither of you have solid proof, this is just tiresome contradiction and bickering.

One person draws from (what seems to be) a credible source (several reps with the Caps in the DC area) and another draws from a credible source (himself?). Neither of you have proof and are just 'calling each other out', I don't mean to sound like an ass :blush: but I'm just looking at both sides here.

Shawn Thornton is wearing a new CCM helmet (V10 or V08, whatever it is) looks ridiculous after years in the old style. No pics yet other than one on the bruins homepage which shows him with a visor on in practice- presumably because of the 40+ stitches he got the other day- but he's playing tonight and going with no visor (and has now taken 2 sticks to the face through the 2nd period :blink: )

Shawn Thornton is wearing a new CCM helmet (V10 or V08, whatever it is) looks ridiculous after years in the old style. No pics yet other than one on the bruins homepage which shows him with a visor on in practice- presumably because of the 40+ stitches he got the other day- but he's playing tonight and going with no visor (and has now taken 2 sticks to the face through the 2nd period :blink: )

Now that's just crazy, I think I saw even the other day that Lecavalier is now wearing a halfer.

:facepalm: why the he** would he make up a lie about this, not saying he's right and sorry for the language but both of you are relying on experience and credibility alone (which I must admit for you personally JA, you seem to have more of it on these boards and I would be inclined to believe you more) but seeing as neither of you have solid proof, this is just tiresome contradiction and bickering.

One person draws from (what seems to be) a credible source (several reps with the Caps in the DC area) and another draws from a credible source (himself?). Neither of you have proof and are just 'calling each other out', I don't mean to sound like an ass :blush: but I'm just looking at both sides here.

An easy way to figure it out is common sense. Why on earth would Bauer produce a stick for Ovechkin and allow somebody else to put their name on it so they can sell their product? Little kids see Ovi using a CL, they want to buy one. No reason Bauer would want to miss out on those sales.

An easy way to figure it out is common sense. Why on earth would Bauer produce a stick for Ovechkin and allow somebody else to put their name on it so they can sell their product? Little kids see Ovi using a CL, they want to buy one. No reason Bauer would want to miss out on those sales.

money rules the world!

and ovechkin as a contract with CCM! that contract is ending soon, if i were bauer i would actually allow ccm to do that because if he likes bauer sticks and get used to them, when his contract will be done, Ovechkin will go with bauer or ccm?

Have you worked as a pro rep?

I can tell you from first hand experience as one that a player with a contract will have no problem in switching and doesn't care about the terms of their contract if they feel their stick/equipment is inferior to the one they are contractually obligated to use. Case and point, Mats Sundin in 2003 when he was under contract to CCM and used a TPS stick, Ziggy Palffy early 2000's when he switched to KOHO gloves from VIC, Dustin Brown 2011 when he ditched Combat for first Easton and now Bauer. There are probably others out there, but those immediately come to mind.

I have worked in the business and know how it works. There is no way Bauer (or any other company) would do this or allow it to happen to their sticks...GUARANTEED!

Point taken, I never said I didn't agree with you :tongue: because even with common sense (as Half pointed out) this should never happen. My point is (and I think both of you missed it, sorry for not being clearer) that even if one fo you knows the truth for sure, it would help those of us who aren't as in touch with the industry to offer info like that which you gave me, which made perfect sense and to not just contradict each other. I'm just tired of people always calling out each other on these boards, right or wrong. Most of us are here to learn and gather insight about gear, that's all; it's not a knowledge contest.

Hey guys I'm trying to keep up with what sticks will be out next season....

For Easton its this RS thing? + White S19s?

For Bauer?

For CCM? I have seen a few new sticks that have been said to be "Super CLs"

For Reebok?

From someone with first hand knowledge of the Bauer stick situation:

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53473-2010-2011-gear-sightings/page__view__findpost__p__861291

My guess, knowing who he is, is that he is saying "not possible" with regards to the stick.

My guess too man, I've been saying that all along :facepalm:

EDIT: nvm, I thought JA quoted his own post lol my bad

Point taken, I never said I didn't agree with you :tongue: because even with common sense (as Half pointed out) this should never happen. My point is (and I think both of you missed it, sorry for not being clearer) that even if one fo you knows the truth for sure, it would help those of us who aren't as in touch with the industry to offer info like that which you gave me, which made perfect sense and to not just contradict each other. I'm just tired of people always calling out each other on these boards, right or wrong. Most of us are here to learn and gather insight about gear, that's all; it's not a knowledge contest.

The problem with not calling people out on things that are incorrect is they go off spouting it to more people and they become misinformed. For the most part Marcelo and JR will come in and debunk things and people will just take what "a friend of a friend whose Uncle's sister worked as a phone rep for CCM in 08" told them as gospel and want to argue.

I just think its funny that some people think Ovechkin really cares about his endorsement deal with ccm. If he wants to use Bauer and likes it, he'll use it, and there isn't a damn thing CCM can do about it.