Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hipster

Naming a team

My mens league team is Purple Drank, we have the kool aid mans face on the front on the old LA purple jerseys.

Other teams in the area:

Old Steel On Ice

GoalDiggers

Rum Runners

One More Puck

Healthy Scratch

Yellow Snow

Ultimate Warriors

Kingbird Fighting Emus

Beached Whalers

Tiger Blood

Cougar Hunters

Full Extensions

Crown Royal Kings

Drunk Monks

Our team is being renamed to "The Wolfpack" and the jerseys are baby blue with that baby bookbag thing on them like in the movie.

Here's a link.

Wasn't my idea, but I think it's kinda funny.

Meed some help with ideas on what to name our team for this beer leauge tourney I got asked to captain a team in. Only rule is it has to do with our team color white. The blue team is the Blue Light Bombers. I was thinking White Russians. Thoughts?

Mmmm Allagash Belgium Whites...

http://www.brew-dudes.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/white.gif

My night team is just called "WTF" with ottawa styled jerseys. It has been interpeted as it's literal meaning "what the fuck" (which is said quite often) along with "want the food" and "Win Til the Finals". the last one is due to our buffalo bills type luck in the finals, losing 5 times in a row between summer and winter leagues.

Hey everyone, I'm looking for some suggestions on naming my team. This is sort of a tricky situation as my buddy got a good deal on a set of Iowa Chops jerseys. http://www.sportingstore.ca/Iowa-Chops-AHL-Hockey-Jerseys-Away_p_3164.html

I think the jerseys are nice and the logo is decent and the price is unbeatable. However, I'm having a hell of a time deciding or even thinking about a possible name. I don't want to go with anything to comical, or something that;s been done to death such as "Puck Hogs" So I'm turning to Modsquad for some help. Any cool names that I can associate with this logo? Even if there's a cool name associated to farmers.

Thanks in advance!!

Long Pork -- sounds rude, but is actually just a description of human flesh by those who have barbecued it, and that angry stretch-pig in the logo fits nicely.

Long Pork -- sounds rude, but is actually just a description of human flesh by those who have barbecued it, and that angry stretch-pig in the logo fits nicely.

I'd heard it "long pig", but BBQ's still all in the sauce.

My men's league team really came together this past winter and we've decided to stick together for spring and next year. We've been skating with plain black jerseys with numbers that the rink lent us, and we're looking to name our team and get cooler jerseys.

Any ideas for a good team name? We were a bunch of older guys thrown together at the last minute to round out a league, but suprisingly we came together quickly and finished second with teams that have been together for years.

Also, where's a good place to order decent quality jerseys? Not NHL quality, but not tissue thin either.

My team is assembled from several smaller circles of friends that were all connected by one player or another. After a while, we all became close knit, and managed to get all of us on one team. Prior to that, everyone kind of floated around in leagues and tournaments like hired guns.

So, I made that our team concept. We thought of Hired Guns, Mercenaries, and Hit Men.

We ended up going with the Mercenaries. We got our jerseys from OT Sports in NC, at a pretty good price.

it doesn't go with the jerseys but.....my team of the last 4 years is moving up a level and dumping some of us, me included and since the name (and jerseys) was mine they had to come up with a new one so they went with Honey Badgers.

Thanks for the input guys, I like the Razorbacks but I know its been done and its Arkansas' mascot. I really wanna stay away from the "pork Chop" thing. Some use it as a racial insult. Any other ideas?

it doesn't go with the jerseys but.....my team of the last 4 years is moving up a level and dumping some of us, me included and since the name (and jerseys) was mine they had to come up with a new one so they went with Honey Badgers.

I feel bad for you. This whole Honey Badger thing is one of the more annoying things social media has given us.

Thanks for the input guys' date=' I like the Razorbacks but I know its been done and its Arkansas' mascot. I really wanna stay away from the "pork Chop" thing. Some use it as a racial insult. Any other ideas?[/quote']

Slap Chops

Rink Pigs

The Baconrinkers