Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miike

What number do you wear

I've been wearing 71 for years. long before Malkin though I am a big Malkin fan. I used to wear 21 when I played baseball as a kid but that seemed like a popular number when I started playing hockey. I wanted a number I could keep with me from team to team. I would've picked my birth year but I was born in 1969 and I've never been fond of that as a number. I was a big fan of Jiri Slegr when he was with the Pens and later the Thrashers. not the best defenseman but what a great skater to watch! so smooth! so I took 71. sometimes I tell people it's my birth year and they end up thinking I'm 2 years younger. :lol:

also, it's easy to switch to 17 when teams only have 1-20 jerseys.

#79. It's my wife's birth year. I've never seen anyone else wearing it, which when you change teams every single season (we re-draft 3x/year) is a nice benefit.

It's not even very popular in the NHL, aside from Yashin, Markov, and some guy named Vujtek I don't think anyone's worn it there.

25. Birthday is 5/25. No one seems to wear it in hockey too. No I didn't wait until the 25th page to post.

http://www.azhockey.com/shirts/shirts25.html

Dave Andreychuk Buffalo Sabres 1983-93

Tampa Bay Lightning 2001-04 & 2005-06

Jason Arnott New Jersey Devils 1999-01

Eric Belanger, Andy Sutton, Randy Carlyle (with the Pens), Vinny Damphousse, Hal Gill, Mike Grier, Cam Janssen, Viktor Kozlov, Darren McCarty, Chris Neil, Joe Niewendyk, Shjon Podein, Keith Primeau, Pronger did for a while, Kevin Stevens, Max Talbot, and the late Peter Zezel to name a few. :)

I meant in beer leagues (easy to get) my bad haha. How'd you forget Jacques Lemaire?

I wear 44. Why? Because at the time coach was taking numbers i wanted 67, but he said "you're not getting that, noone will wear it after this year" so I looked down at my skates and saw the European size, 44, and just rode with it

#89 - I'm a defenceman, but always liked Mogilny and like the way the number look on a Jersey, much the same as I like #91. I guesss I grew up with Mogilny/Fedorov/Bure so always liked them, so took a liking to their numbers.

This summer I'm in #13 as it only went up to 20, and again no real reason other than it's my favourite number under 20.

I've been thinking about the new high profile numbers like 88 or 66. Why is it any different than back in the day when all the kids wanted number 9 or 4? In other words so be it if that's the number someone wants.

#91 because its my birth year and the first number i got when i was a kid, now its harder to get that number with junior teams having a set of number already so i got #15 last year (Dany Heatley) because i was a rookie but got #19 this year which is the next best thing.

Most of my life i wore 19. Last year i wore 91 for the first time. Reason being is that its a sick number and federov used to were it. This year my team got new jerseys, so i got my favorite players number.....84 GRABO!

44 here too, used to wear 88 due to Coffey wearing 77 and Lemieux wearing 66. Had my choice of a few numbers that already had jerseys made, since 44 is half of 88, here we are. Probably a better number for a d-man anyways...