Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miike

What number do you wear

#15 - John Maclean used to wear this number and when I was younger I always related his name with work and attitude on ice combined to(in my mind) one of the least flashy teams in NHL. For me it's probably some sort of a number for the working class heroes sort of thing... :rolleyes: The team I'm playing now certainly is one of the least flashy teams ever in the game of ice hockey. And as a member of it my role certainly is more of a gritty foot soldier than a skillful playmaker or goal scorer. Or in 4x4 terms, more of a LandRover Defender than Porsche Cayanne... :lol:

71 for the last 10 yrs or so as they're werevirtually no NHLers using it at the time

either 12 (lucky) or 8 (fav) before that

glad to see another 71!

i picked i motly because mike ribeiro wore it with the habs.

i wanted something none of the other highschool guys had and i think mikes awesome so there you go.

(sucks he wears 63 now that hes with dallas)

but other than that i used to be 7 in peewees.

lucky #7 you know??

also had 91 my birthyear

and 19 for stevie y (the greatest ever IMO)

I've worn 94 for a while because it's the year the Rangers won the stanley cup. I've love that number but now that I play in a harder league and if your not the best player on the ice every night you should never wear a number in the 90's. So I wear 14 for no reason other than I liked it the most out of all the available numbers.

speaking of using your birth years as your number.. didn't pat kate (blackhawks) and sam gagner (oilers) do that? kane was born in 88 and gagner in 89.

i wore 68 for a while b/c jagr was my favorite player.. not so much anymore.

but i like to wear 7 or 24 (born july 24th (plus me and my grandpops share the same birthday)if they're not already taken.

9 when i just started for modano but every single kid in Texas seemed to have that i had it for 3 seasons until Jussi Jokinen played his rookie season in Dallas i took 36 then when he got traded I thought ill go with my favorite Evgeni Malkin and for only a few games ive been number 71, my grandpa is sick so I might ask to change to the number one because he was born on January 1st.

4. Simply because when I was born my dad was, and still is, a HUGE Bruins fan because we used to live there. So when I started playing hockey it was #4 Bobby Orr.

For me it's 98. Not too sure why but I have always really liked that number. My dad said the reason I might like the number because I was born in 1993 and I started to play hockey when I was 5 so that equals 98.

17 because i like the number. I just do. 71 if 17 isn't available...but then again...

i played my first beer league game last week and was randomly assigned #4. So i guess that's my number for now...

Joined a new team this year, and we're just about to order jerseys. I've played roller hockey for twelve years and always worn #6. No real reason - I got given it for the first game I played in and have kept it at whatever team I've been at since then. My big brother always wore #5 and it just stuck.

However, this year I've started playing ice. I'm a defenceman normally but I'm being used as a forward on the ice, and I think #6 would look weird on a forward. I'm tempted to change, but to what?

I was born in '86, but that's a weird number to have on a jersey. I like 19, for no real reason. My house number is 25, my birthday is the 30th (also would look weird), I like 24 (and it adds up to 6...)

Bit of a pointless post but thought I'd ask anyway!

i usually wear 2 and in the spring i'm going to change my number to 63.

why? because i'm bored of the number 2. numbers dont have to have any meaning or reason. just go for something you like if you feel you want a change.

Stick with 6. It's what you're used to. Not a big fan of changing numbers, especially after such a long time of having one number. Not sure why.

whatever number is good, as long as you dont choose 69

Or 99.

very true. didnt even think about that one, theres only one 99

I've told guys on my team "no" when they wanted #99. Not surprisingly, those guys didn't last long.