Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Duder84

Equipment Modifications

I had to make my own mount stuff and hooks for the visor/cage on my Easton helmet. Ended up working very well. Doesn't fog over at all until I hit the bench, and then it clears right up on the ice again.

Chadd..You'd be surprised at the number of beer league teams that consist entirely of 35-45 yr old guys playing in Wayne Gretzky style Jofa helmets with no chin straps or shoulder pads. Or maybe not

Chadd..You'd be surprised at the number of beer league teams that consist entirely of 35-45 yr old guys playing in Wayne Gretzky style Jofa helmets with no chin straps or shoulder pads. Or maybe not

I wear mine in the summer

I searched and found a few threads on helmet modifications. I know painting weakens the plastic and uncerts the helmet as a whole, but has anyone custom designed any decals along the lines of the Michigan helmets? I was thinking about trying it myself.

I searched and found a few threads on helmet modifications. I know painting weakens the plastic and uncerts the helmet as a whole, but has anyone custom designed any decals along the lines of the Michigan helmets? I was thinking about trying it myself.

I usually get team decals from a decal business. You send them the artwork (or ideas and they'll draw it) and they will send the decals. They are removable and they don't mess with the helmet's strength. I use sportstar.

Just the typical re-palming of gloves or putting the sharpie pen to my skates, but most often I get my pants double stitched and reinforced at George's Shoe/skate repair in St. Paul. Just so I dont have to deal with pads shifting around and so on.

I usually get team decals from a decal business. You send them the artwork (or ideas and they'll draw it) and they will send the decals. They are removable and they don't mess with the helmet's strength. I use sportstar.

Yep, SportStar/Decals4Pros does a great job - they supply the entire NHL.

I was thinking of something a little on the more flashy side.

porter-kolarik-031208_300.jpg

Something like that where say the yellow or the blue is a decal covering a large portion of the helmet.

Then again I could be way off base and the helmets could be specially made just for Michigan.

I was thinking of something a little on the more flashy side.

porter-kolarik-031208_300.jpg

Something like that where say the yellow or the blue is a decal covering a large portion of the helmet.

Then again I could be way off base and the helmets could be specially made just for Michigan.

If they're even done by the companies, those helmets are specially done for Michigan to match the distinctive football helmets they have there. And I think they're painted by the team.

If you want flashy, the Bauer 9500 comes in a two color option. Unfortunately, they only have color and gray for the retail version. http://www.hockeymonkey.com/nike-hockey-he...9500-combo.html

Women's Hockey team at Clarkson has green bases with yellow accents. Pretty cool looking.

It's a decal, I saw a girl that plays for them helmet up close... Thought it looked like crap up close compared to far away.

Then I would recommend the guy wanting one writing the Hockey team and asking for one.

It's a decal, I saw a girl that plays for them helmet up close... Thought it looked like crap up close compared to far away.

Then I would recommend the guy wanting one writing the Hockey team and asking for one.

Well, I don't want the yellow haha. But maybe it would be a good idea to get one to see how its done. Good thinking.

If you want flashy, the Bauer 9500 comes in a two color option. Unfortunately, they only have color and gray for the retail version. http://www.hockeymonkey.com/nike-hockey-he...9500-combo.html

Women's Hockey team at Clarkson has green bases with yellow accents. Pretty cool looking.

mail-1.jpg

mail.jpg

At hockeygiant in case someone actually did want a michigan/sweden helmet :P

I think it's actually yellow electrical tape, not a full decal.

the sharp lines on the vector really dont go well with the wings at all. they shouldve made a similar wing design that was more angular to go on the vectors

Quick question. Has anyone ever trimmed down the soft foam padding at the top of shin pads? I have an old pair of CCM Supra shin pads and the foam pads at the top are pretty long and interfer with the thigh padding on my girdle. I figure I can just undo the stitching, trim the foam and then sew it up again, but not sure if it is tough to hand sew this type of stuff and I dont want it to just rip.

Quick question. Has anyone ever trimmed down the soft foam padding at the top of shin pads? I have an old pair of CCM Supra shin pads and the foam pads at the top are pretty long and interfer with the thigh padding on my girdle. I figure I can just undo the stitching, trim the foam and then sew it up again, but not sure if it is tough to hand sew this type of stuff and I dont want it to just rip.

I'm sure you could do exactly what you're talking about. It's not like that part shows, just make sure its sewn well enough that it won't tear. I will warn you though, i pretty much wrecked my fingers trying to sew through the chest guard and elbow pads.

Dont want to make a new topic just wondering where the topic on how to dye skates is. Thanks oggy_3

just look around a little, its in the ice hockey equipment forum