Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vishi05

Disappointment in D1's

The front toe (the plastic on the underside of the boot) on one of my skates is starting to chip away after playing on them for 5 months (got them in mid December). I know one of my friends had this happen to the heel of his D2's but I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem with the 2003's.

I'll have a picture up tonight hopefully to better show what I'm talking about.

Guys,

We will warranty this...Take your skates back to the dealer you got them and we will replace them...Easy to do...Sorry about this.

Justin

Justin, I'm not sure if I have the receipt or not but I live near the Mission headquarters in Santa Ana and personally took an M-1 back there before. Would it be possible for me to bring the skates in there even without my receipt or am I screwed?

By the way, I as well as everyone else here I'm sure appreciate that you guys stand behind your products.

I've always said Mission had great customer service. Back when I had my first M1 and it immediately had the fuse point problem I had a replacement within 10 days. Then when the replacement broke about 2 months later they replaced that one again very quickly.

This has happened to a bunch of my friends with the newer mission skates. I was in the process of getting a pair of 04 D1C's but after this started happening I cancelled the order.

I just have no patience to be dealing with customer service and return shipping and all that crap. My friend brought his pair back to the store and they said that he would have to contact Mission directly.

And I see now that it's not just the D1's... Or an isolated incident. Needless to say i went with the HiHo's and I love them...

my opinition is same.

04, mission skate had weak outsole.

90% our team player use mission d1c skate.

maybe, 14 people.

because our team prefer mission skate.

but..NowDay..

everyone said

danystie wheel was tear.

boots outsole was split.

lacing system is terrble. not tight.

i really disapoint.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi .good to see you. my nick is thunder.

i'm korea hockey community admin(www.hockeylove.com)

and member in Koreainlinehockey team Donquixote(www.inlinelove.pe.kr)

Im about to purchase a pair of Nike Roller Daddys and have to say when choosing my skates I never even considered a pair of Mission skates, for two reasons. One, everyone in Aus pretty much hates mission skates they rarely last past one and a half years and we skate on plastic surfaces. Two, I have two products from Mission currently that broke 2 weeks after I got them! My Mission Warp Zero elbow pads have cracked and split on the outside of my elbow and Type M girdle has holes in the outer material it after 3 weeks of use.

Sorry Justin your company makes crap hockey gear.

Two, I have two products from Mission currently that broke 2 weeks after I got them! My Mission Warp Zero elbow pads have cracked and split on the outside of my elbow and Type M girdle has holes in the outer material it after 3 weeks of use.

Sorry Justin your company makes crap hockey gear.

Perhaps you should try something that has been made by mission in past few years. All the gear you mention is over 3 years old... I will admit that mission has had some quality issues in the past, but in the past two years they've really turned it around.

when talking about it being loose and not tight..did you not look into the whole supplefit concept that most of the Mission skates are based on?? its support ..not stiffness...if you are looking for that..you gotta look elsewhere..can't blame them for something there skate isn't supposed to provide..

I haven't had any problem with Mission products before. I had an M-1 that cracked on the blade 20-some days into me purchasing the stick and I went down to the factory and they replaced it for me no problem.

I love my skates and they feel great on my feet, it's just that the cracking of the front of the boot has me concerned, especially because skates cost so much money.

Here are some pics of my skate. I thought they weren't so bad until my friend had a look at them. Then he pulled up on the boot a little and we noticed there was more damage.

http://www.imagehop.com/show.php?id=72bfbd2315e5

http://www.imagehop.com/show.php?id=72cf8707a1d7

http://www.imagehop.com/show.php?id=72df5acdbcf9

http://www.imagehop.com/show.php?id=72efd58fd9d9

http://www.imagehop.com/show.php?id=72ff801e9554

Sorry ppls I cannot in good faith reward a company with my hard earned cash that has failed on two consectutive occasions. It really should have been one strike and you are out but I allowed them one extra sale then what I shouldn't have.

By the way has anyone noticed that the D1's this year seem to have a very thick chassis? My LaBeda Da Bombs are half the thickness when looking down on the wheels.

Not to knock the current Mission products, as neither I nor my son have used them, but we were Mission users in the early years, and had so many problems....not with the very first skates, but once they became more popular....boots coming apart.... a lot...3 consecutive pairs....and we were lost as customers from that point on.

I have used mission skates exclusively and have had no problems. I have 2001 Proto VI's and Proto VS's, both have been dependible.

I just bought a pair of D-Limiteds, so I'l keep my eyes open for any damage. Thanks for tip.

Just wondering, anyone with D-Limiteds experiencing these problems?

I don't want to start a new topic on this, but I'm curious about Justin's answer to my question about not having the receipt still but exchanging them.

I emailed hockeygiant, the place that I ordered it from. They should have a copy of your oder in their database. They told me to send it to them and they would send it to mission and it would take around 2 weeks for the process. No clue as to if they're gonna fix it or replace it with what.

I have ben a big supporter of Mission since back when there weren't many real options out there, my first pair of skates were the black leather Proto Vsi about 1988, then I wore Wicked Lites for a couple seasons. The last few years I have noticed they have taken short cuts, for example D2 frame is not fully extruded, D3 "past vert" is made from vinyl and breaking, D1 stiffness rating is 6.5 vs 7.5 on models previous. Stiffness and Support can not be seperated as much as marketing guys want to waffle about supple fit. If a skate lacks stiffness it will lack in support. My 04 D1's have an awesome fit and are the most comfortable skates Ive ever worn - but the lack of support is just ridiculous. I would say this skate isn't any use to anyone over 80kgs (about 180lbs). Ive gone back to my old Nexed Stingers - the support is awesome. ANyone looking for some cheap hardly used D1's?

p.s. To the guys at Mission Control - if indeed you read this site, please get back to upping the ante, visa vis "VSi Carbon 2000" (less that bollocks excuse for a frame!)

I have had my D1's, last years model for almost two years. I have replaced the frame with the TUUK rocker, not becuase there were any quality issues, simply because I like the rocker. I play in them two to three times a week and I have not seen any of the problems being reported here. Every company has defects, not just misison. I have yet to see a company besides Mission be so willing to stand behind their products.