Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

2006 KOR Lineup

I have Shift 1's but have yet to mold them properly and skate on them. Based purely on aesthetics, I prefer the look of the Shift 2 more than the Shift 1.

The shift 2 is more like a "traditional" skates, you can see it cleary in the second pick. It's a higher cut than the shift1 next to it, actually that's just a really great pic, props to JR :)

The shape of the skate and the pitch holer look really well integrated, no extra space on the footbed. I can see now why previous comments regarding the difficulty of mounting new holders were made.

A decent looking skate too. I've had a few ankle issue with skates recently, might give these a whirl.

The shape of the skate and the pitch holer look really well integrated, no extra space on the footbed. I can see now why previous comments regarding the difficulty of mounting new holders were made.

A decent looking skate too. I've had a few ankle issue with skates recently, might give these a whirl.

No, the reason you can't install different holders is because the screws are anchored into the skate...

So theoretically which should be the higher performing skate? - The low cut Shift 1 or the high cut more traditional Shift 2? If both skates are used optimally by strong skaters which should give the best performance or is it personal preference?

So theoretically which should be the higher performing skate? - The low cut Shift 1 or the high cut more traditional Shift 2? If both skates are used optimally by strong skaters which should give the best performance or is it personal preference?

A lower cut skate will allow you to extend your stride but some players are unable to change to a lower cut boot.

A lower cut skate will allow you to extend your stride but some players are unable to change to a lower cut boot.

I feel like I get a much better stride and agility when I have a lower cut boot, but I feel like I lose speed in a lower cut skate...I might have not given it enough of an opportunity

I feel like I get a much better stride and agility when I have a lower cut boot, but I feel like I lose speed in a lower cut skate...I might have not given it enough of an opportunity

A longer stride should give you more power and more speed. As long as you have the ankle strength to support yourself. Some guys need to make a change like that over the summer to build up their ankles before playing serious games.

you might as well call the Shift 2, the NHL version..one eyelet higher, bigger tendon guard area, etc....will this be a late summer launch?

Coming from the s500, which i think is a somewhat low cut boot which skate would fit be better? The shift 1 or shift 2? The shift1 one looks extremely low cut. I like the look of the shift 2 much better. It looks like theres actually a tendon gaurd on it compared to the shift1.

you might as well call the Shift 2, the NHL version..one eyelet higher, bigger tendon guard area, etc....will this be a late summer launch?

Most likely, yes. It depends on a couple of things.

Coming from the s500, which i think is a somewhat low cut boot which skate would fit be better? The shift 1 or shift 2? The shift1 one looks extremely low cut. I like the look of the shift 2 much better. It looks like theres actually a tendon gaurd on it compared to the shift1.

Shift one is very similar in terms of height to an S500.

From the picture above, the shift 1 and 2 have the same amount of eyelets.

Note the extra space between the upper eyelets on the shift two.

That Shift 2 boot looks badass.

BTW, are the KOR boots able to be punched? I wasn't sure since they're composite. I would need the area over the arch punched.

its completely moldable ..so why would you need it punched?

I have feet that overpronate when I put weight on them and the bones over my arches stick out. A simple molding won't cut it for me, unfortunately... :(

those are kinda weird looking.

they look like more of a recreational skate then a hockey skate,,,, how are they?

I agree, they do not even look anything near a god old hockey skate....brrr....

I have feet that overpronate when I put weight on them and the bones over my arches stick out. A simple molding won't cut it for me, unfortunately... :(

The skate will take the shape of those bones then.

The skate will take the shape of those bones then.

Exactly. Worst case, put a little extra foam in that area to pop out the skate when you bake.

Have you tried heating up a set of Test Drive's at a local dealer to find out if this is truly the case with Kor's?

Not yet, though I would be very happy if the baking process in the Kor's was able to accomodate my ghastly feet. ;)

I talked to Quinn at Artesia the other day about a test drive pair. Hopefully I can try some out later this month or next.

Sign in to follow this