Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
PH_Hockey2

The Things Customers Do

Lets see our most recent stupid customer:

"You guys should get more sherwood sticks in, because they're the only one with the coffey curve, and thats the only curve us old guys use."

"You guys should get more sherwood sticks in, because they're the only one with the coffey curve, and thats the only curve us old guys use."

Actually, you'd be surprised the number of old guys who will only use Sherwood sticks because they are the only ones that offer the Coffey curve. I have heard that basic statement from 2 or 3 different guys in the last year or so.

So why does that make him stupid?

You probably should get more Sherwoods with Coffey curves because of what he said.

You probably should get more Sherwoods with Coffey curves because of what he said.

Time to make a "The Things LHS' should do."

Time to make a "The Things LHS' should do."

yea you would be surprised how many coffey curves we sell...and most of them are to old men...

damn him and his preference.

I remember vividly that Costco would have massive amounts of Swd 5030 Coffey's and I would watch guys put 10 at a time in their cart and walk up to check out...

Funny that was basically the only thing Costco had that was Hockey in the sporting goods dept when they first opened up here.

Got a question for this thread...

I work at a rink, and we have an account at Perani's Flint store. I'm in need for some new, and most importantly better fitting skates, and I am going to Grand Rapids this weekend for a tournament, so I plan on hitting the Peranis store there. I have a list of skates I want to try on and get fitted for, (And WILL be bringing a pencil). My Question is, I've already talked with our rep at Perani's, and she said that once I figure out what I need, to call her and tell her and she'll send them to me, and if she doesn't have them in Flint, she can have the GR store send them either to her and then to me, or right to me. If she does have what I end up finding a right fit for, how much of a tip should I give the guy at the GR store, even though I'm getting them from the same 'Chain'? My list is about 6 different skates, and two different sizes.

I also plan on getting a few other smaller items regardless of the skates, and possibly a Goal Blocker if they have what I'm looking for.

You haven't been in one of their stores. LOL

Regardless, if I were working at a store, and my location didn't have it but I knew that the sale was happening at our other location, you do it. All he has to do is explain the situation. That's if he's even helped at all.

Our lhs cant keep coffeys in stock, he was right.

Let's not look at the fact that the SW 5030 Coffey is the best-selling stick of ALL-TIME.

I've got two of them. I've also got an old Easton woody with a curve similar to a Coffey. I suppose I'd have to take off all the old crusty candy cane tape to figure out whose model it is. I'm guessing Yzerman.

Our lhs cant keep coffeys in stock, he was right.

When I worked at Sports Authority we sold twice as many Coffey 5030s as any other stick. Even though the one40 was cheaper, weighed less and had what I thought was a more popular pattern(P88). They only carried one pattern in most sticks.

When I worked at Sports Authority we sold twice as many Coffey 5030s as any other stick. Even though the one40 was cheaper, weighed less and had what I thought was a more popular pattern(P88). They only carried one pattern in most sticks.

From my time at TSA, patterns are the last thing those consumers look at.

You really think people who buy their hockey gear at the Sports Authority are going to be picky about patterns? Unless they're the only place where one can buy a popular pattern such as the Coffey. That was the curve I grew up on.

Yeah, I was going to add that too. It is incredible how well the Ovechkin model CCMs sold here in Maryland's TSAs compared to any other stick on the rack. We're talking 3-1 easily.

Yeah, I was going to add that too. It is incredible how well the Ovechkin model CCMs sold here in Maryland's TSAs compared to any other stick on the rack. We're talking 3-1 easily.

That's true anywhere where a local player has a blade pattern named after him. Kids want to use the stick that their favorite player uses. Growing up in MI, I used Yzerman hook because he was one of my favorite players. Just goes to show the marketing department knows what they're doing.

That's true anywhere where a local player has a blade pattern named after him. Kids want to use the stick that their favorite player uses. Growing up in MI, I used Yzerman hook because he was one of my favorite players. Just goes to show the marketing department knows what they're doing.

But what makes the company decide which name goes on which pattern? Do they put it on the pattern that's cheapest to make or how does it work?

But what makes the company decide which name goes on which pattern? Do they put it on the pattern that's cheapest to make or how does it work?

I doubt it all isn't about money, I can't see CCM giving the straighest curve they have and naming it Ovechkin... It must have a correlation to the player that "uses" it.