Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
PH_Hockey2

The Things Customers Do

What really bugs me is when people come in the store when we are closed, i mean i guess its not enough of a hint that the lights are off, and the sign says closed, and the blinds are pulled down on the door, and im counting money in the register when they open the door.

What really bugs me is when people come in the store when we are closed, i mean i guess its not enough of a hint that the lights are off, and the sign says closed, and the blinds are pulled down on the door, and im counting money in the register when they open the door.

One time, we were closed and this lady pulled up, so we ducked behind the counter. She started banging on the door (lights off, closed sign up). We figured she go away. 30 minutes later she's still banging, even went to the back door and started banging on that. Unbelievable. Imagine people banging on their banks door after they closed. Why do people think LHS are open, even though closed? This one boggles my mind. I would NEVER pull on or bang on any door of any business if the door was locked and closed sign on.

I consider myself to be one of the employees who kindly asks the customers to buy their Under Armor from us, hockey equipment from someone else (The Gardens Ice House). I just hope my managers don't come across this thread.

Why is that? Gardens Ice House is one of the best shops in the CBHL (IMO, of course)

That or ashburn. Can't go wrong with either

One time, we were closed and this lady pulled up, so we ducked behind the counter. She started banging on the door (lights off, closed sign up). We figured she go away. 30 minutes later she's still banging, even went to the back door and started banging on that. Unbelievable. Imagine people banging on their banks door after they closed. Why do people think LHS are open, even though closed? This one boggles my mind. I would NEVER pull on or bang on any door of any business if the door was locked and closed sign on.

Hey Jimmy, you should have shown yourselves and told her you were robbing the place. That would have sent her packing...

Hey Jimmy, you should have shown yourselves and told her you were robbing the place. That would have sent her packing...

LOL, the look on her face would be priceless when she realized she irritated a bunch of criminals

What would you guys do.... Me and my friend go in to the LHS to get some Rocket Runners for his 9ks... He puts them in likes them and goes to buy them, and the owner wants $75 for the pair, we asked if he was sure it wasnt 35 for the pair, not each. .... knowing he can get some for half the price online we just went home....

its not too bad if LHS's charge a little more bit twice as much? to be perfectly honest with you, i would've walked out too, after making a polite, not in my price range comment.

Then again, i would have asked for the price first, before putting them onto my skates.

thank god im the only member here who has to deal with people who buy hockey equipment as if it were groceries. kids are looking through the stick rack;

kid1: i wanna get this Salming stick, it has the same curve as Ovechkin on that ccm 6.0, exept its cheaper.

Me: You guys know that that isnt ovechkins stick right?

kid2: what do you know. dont hate because (looks at my stick) your using nash's stick. (R6)

Me: (pick up six different replacement blades) so, do you think that this S15 blade right and left handed are sakic's, this SWD blade left and right handed are coffey's, and this NBH blade is Naslunds, and he has 4 different blades, in right and left handed?

kid1: yeah, players like to change it up if they're in a slump.

Shoot Me.

Edited by adam14

thank god im the only member here who has to deal with people who buy hockey equipment as if it were groceries. kids are looking through the stick rack;

kid1: i wanna get this Salming stick, it has the same curve as Ovechkin on that ccm 6.0, exept its cheaper.

kid2: what do you know. dont hate because (looks at my stick) your using nash's stick. (R6)

Me: (pick up six different replacement blades) so, do you think that this S15 blade right and left handed are sakic's, this SWD blade left and right handed are coffey's, and this NBH blade is Naslunds, and he has 4 different blades, in right and left handed?

Shoot Me.

That's pretty brutal.

Shoot Me.

LMAO!! Kids believe anything, huh??? I couldn't work in a LHS because I could never hold my tongue back. Hat's off.

I consider myself to be one of the employees who kindly asks the customers to buy their Under Armor from us, hockey equipment from someone else (The Gardens Ice House). I just hope my managers don't come across this thread.

Why is that? Gardens Ice House is one of the best shops in the CBHL (IMO, of course)

That's why he's sending folks there apparently.

Oh, duh :blink:

I misread it to mean he worked at The Gardens Ice House & was sending people elsewhere.

What would you guys do.... Me and my friend go in to the LHS to get some Rocket Runners for his 9ks... He puts them in likes them and goes to buy them, and the owner wants $75 for the pair, we asked if he was sure it wasnt 35 for the pair, not each. .... knowing he can get some for half the price online we just went home....

did he know he liked them before he tried them out in the store?

Shoot Me.

LMAO!! Kids believe anything, huh??? I couldn't work in a LHS because I could never hold my tongue back. Hat's off.

They don't believe, they know everything.

I just checked 8 online sites for Rocket Runners. Six had them for between $35 and $40 each. Two sites did not even stock them. Since I know wholesale cost for Rocket Runners, I would like to see your link to the online site selling Rocket Runners for $35/$40 pair. Thanks.

Shoot Me.

That's what I liked in sales(as opposed to regular retail like TSA). It was pretty common to be a smartass to people to get them to leave if they were assholes. I did get "in trouble" once because a customer complained when I said; "Whoever said there's no such thing as a dumb question?" After this guy spent about an hour harassing me about lowering the set prices and following me around whenever I walked away from him. My manager thought it was hilarious, but of course he had to act pissed off while the customer was there.

Edited by TBLfan

Shoot Me.

They don't believe, they know everything.

You've got that right Chadd. I have a 13 year old that totally falls into that catagory. LOL

Edited by bantamseadogs13

Why don't you just lock the doors?

I just checked 8 online sites for Rocket Runners. Six had them for between $35 and $40 each. Two sites did not even stock them. Since I know wholesale cost for Rocket Runners, I would like to see your link to the online site selling Rocket Runners for $35/$40 pair. Thanks.

http://www.summitonline.com/product/131072...r+Skate+Blades+

The description says "Sold in Pairs."

I priced that for Summit last year. I know the WS cost as well, it was per pair. But hey, if you can make double, great.

I agree with you JR. I just googled CCM Rocket Runner Skate Blades and found numerous sites sold in pairs anywhere from 29.99-34.99. Not to sound stupid, but why would you only buy one blade anyway? It would take alot of grinding to match 1 blade to the original, wouldn't it? Just a reference to the "35-40 each".

Edited by bantamseadogs13

Yeah, that was something that I had to clear up because when I submitted my numbers my boss was like "You made a mistake there, you need to price that higher." I called CCM to confirm it was a set because everyone assumed it was per runner. They come in the same bag as the steel ones.

Aren't they packaged together anyway? That's like pricing shoes as per-shoe.

Buyers didn't know that til it showed up.

Most of the time, the runners are sold individually for around $25-35. The fact that the RR haven't been a big seller might mean some places are trying to get rid of their stock. Considering they will probably throw in the installation and sharpening, $70 for the set isn't that far off the norm. Oh, and you got to see what they look and feel like.

Unless this description :

» Explosive acceleration

» Faster top-end speed

» Tighter turns

satisfies all your consumer needs.

Haha, I didn't do the descriptions. I was gone before they received them. I priced them in November 2007.

But in all seriousness, the wholesale cost is for a pair. CCM priced them to be sold $5 more than standard steel.