Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OTHockey96

Pro's shoulder pads

How bulky are they, minus the shoulder caps as I plan to use them if I pic up a pair?

I've been eyeing these for a while, just haven't happened to have the cash recently and I figure I'm either going to get these to use with no caps, get Bauer classics, or continue using nothing.

yeah i look like I am playing football in them.........mind you now I realize how physical the pro game is......i cant imagine a face hitting the shoulders on these pads at full speed with 200+lbs behind it

How would they compare to like the easton stealth in shoulder/collar bone protection?

I have S5's right now and I hit the edge of the boards from a late hit and almost broke my collar bone, I couldn't left my arm at all and it still hurts like 25 days later.

I'm 6'3 195 if that helps at all

JR is right- clavicle area is top notch. They are not bulky at all.

automorph, try letting the cap straps out as far as they can go- I think the are supposed to hang down on the sides instead of sitting over the blue area up on the top of the shoulder.

well - they weight about the same as One90 (I though they would be a LOT lighter because chest/back protection of One90 is substantial, comparing with Pro Defenders)

re mobility - again - One90 has 2 piece biceps pads, which I also like better then one piece Pro has

I also can't seem to figure out how shoulder cups supposed to sit... will try to let them hang out :)

anyone got a pic of pros wearing pads like this? that would help...

I for one was pretty disappointed with them.

As was I

As I've said before, it's certainly not a minimalistic pad. The collarbone protection is quite robust.

If only they covered more of the body. They just don't come down very far on those of us with longer torsos

I don't know what size to get though, what size do you think would fit?

Height/weight/Chest Size?

6'3 195 and I'm not sure of my chest size but my shoulders are pretty broad

EDIT: and I bet I could just wear this hex shirt under instead of regular under armor, I used to wear the girdle for football and it protected pretty well. It would offer protection down low

http://www.sportsdepot.com/mcdavidhex.html#791

XL fit me fine, but they were just too short by a good 4-5 inches. .

How far below your nipples do they come

(probably one of the weirder questions I have ever asked lol)

Below??? They didn't even go that far down. Left my sternum almost totally exposed. With the exception of the clavicle protection they were totally wrong for me.

I am in 5"8 with a size medium, covers my ribs

Do you wear medium in other bauers? Medium fits me for both the on90 and vapor xxxx so I figured medium was the way to go in these. since I don't have the chance to try them on locally I'm trying to get the best idea before I order.

I'm 5'8" as well, pretty sure around a 38"ish chest, 34" waist 195lbs

Below??? They didn't even go that far down. Left my sternum almost totally exposed. With the exception of the clavicle protection they were totally wrong for me.

Same deal for me and I'm only 6-1

I think my shoulder pads are actually maybe too small right now

They used to come down far enough but now the extended pad barely covers my solar plexus

fasdfasdf.jpg

I am in 5"8 with a size medium, covers my ribs

Do you wear medium in other bauers? Medium fits me for both the on90 and vapor xxxx so I figured medium was the way to go in these. since I don't have the chance to try them on locally I'm trying to get the best idea before I order.

I'm 5'8" as well, pretty sure around a 38"ish chest, 34" waist 195lbs

Medium is the smallest in the pro's anyway. I am a medium in most shoulders (alternates are Bauer Defender 8000)

I think my shoulder pads are actually maybe too small right now

They used to come down far enough but now the extended pad barely covers my solar plexus

fasdfasdf.jpg

Has anyone ever told you that you resemble a golden retriever? :P

Go up one size. Although some guys like to downsize a bit for lightness,( thats your personal preference) I would go up a size because they do look a bit small on you in the picture. By the way your missing your right ear, I'd check my hockey helmet.