Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OTHockey96

Pro's shoulder pads

JR's pads have the following that make them different. Refer to page 9 for more info and pics.

Dri-Fit lining, grip print. Not minimalistic at all - there are some areas of the pad that is bulletproof (especially the clavicle area.)

It comes with two sets of shoulder pads which attaches with Velcro, and you can stagger the heights - a wrap-around one...

There'll be a few stores that will be able to order the product, because they do pro team sales. One of them is on MSH and has posted in this thread.

Who ? Im interested in grabbing myself a pair of these beauties.

Does anyone know if pros actually use CCM vector shoulder pads? I own a pair of V4's and they're definitely great for mobility but I'd hazard a guess that they're not very protective of the shoulder joint. However, after seeing that pic of Iginla in those bauer 400's, I'm suprised that the vectors haven't been also a favourite with pros who favour mobility over protection.

However, after seeing that pic of Iginla in those bauer 400's, I'm suprised that the vectors haven't been also a favourite with pros who favour mobility over protection.
FYI, Iginla has switched to SBDIII's and he's rocking them sans caps.

1403.jpg

found these on hockey2.com

Price = $180

Since these are no long available on that site, does anyone know where/how I could get my hands on a pair of either these pads or the Nike Bauer version shown earlier in the thread (preferrably in XL)?

Thanks in advance for the help!

I'm surprised I've never seen any of you minimalist guys talk about these

Very similar to what I wear.....Easton Classics with the lace up sternum. They are a touch heavier in the shoulder caps than those.....but a great pad none the less. ;)

Same here, the nbh ones are nice... Although with all the crosschecks I took last game I was feeling it the day after. :(

Yeah I have the Nike Bauer Classics now... I play contact hockey though, so I'm looking for a little more in the shoulder while keeping the chest/back padding to a minimum. I also really like the lace-up style pads, they just seem more mobile than pads with a big chest plate or something.

I have the bauer sb60 pads (same as nike-bauer classics) and for that exact reason you mentioned i put the shoulder caps of my old bauer 4000 pads on the sb60s - perfect shoulder pads!

Yeah I have the Nike Bauer Classics now... I play contact hockey though, so I'm looking for a little more in the shoulder while keeping the chest/back padding to a minimum. I also really like the lace-up style pads, they just seem more mobile than pads with a big chest plate or something.

I have the bauer sb60 pads (same as nike-bauer classics) and for that exact reason you mentioned i put the shoulder caps of my old bauer 4000 pads on the sb60s - perfect shoulder pads!

That's a good idea, but how did you go about doing this? I know I have a pair I can take the caps from, so this might work. Thanks!

To get this thread back in the right direction, here's a pic I found of Scott Niedermayer in his "pads," wow...

Buy an awl and learn how to sew using it. Very valuable tool when you need it. You'll be able to repair a lot of your stuff by yourself.

Ask your goalie if he has one, it's not uncommon for goalies to pick one up for leather work. It's as useful for a goalie as a heatgun is for a skater that uses a shaft/blade combo.

That's a good idea, but how did you go about doing this? I know I have a pair I can take the caps from, so this might work. Thanks!

To get this thread back in the right direction, here's a pic I found of Scott Niedermayer in his "pads," wow...

Any idea what brand and model those are?

When you skate like Nieds you don't need shoulder pads - guys'll never be able to hit you.