Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OTHockey96

Pro's shoulder pads

Here's a pair of old school pads on ebay, wonder what the W stands for though?

;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...type=osi_widget

White?

hunterphfr was being kidding- it stands for womenz. If you look closely you can see the circular chest protectors.

Huh? All I see are a pair of old school shoulder pads. No circular chest protectors...those are the caps. I can make my 5030s look the same way. Am I missing these supposed boob protectors?

...or am I missing some cleverness otherwise?

I wear a set of Jofa Center Ice for my Mens league. I only wear them because they are "VERY" protective, and I recently had a very indepth shoulder surgury, and need the protection. I am looking for something that is very protective, and less bulky than the Jofas. Any suggestions? I am really dying to get my hands on the NB prostocks pictured back on page 8.

Thanks again,

Sean

What model # Jofa are you currently wearing?

I wear a set of Jofa Center Ice for my Mens league. I only wear them because they are "VERY" protective, and I recently had a very indepth shoulder surgury, and need the protection. I am looking for something that is very protective, and less bulky than the Jofas. Any suggestions? I am really dying to get my hands on the NB prostocks pictured back on page 8.

Thanks again,

Sean

What model # Jofa are you currently wearing?

Jofa 9400...

Thanks,

Sean

look under the bicept pads, theres another set of plastic caps.

Oh! Haha, indeed there are the boob guards. I think I need a set of those...

I liked those pro stock pads but these have been working out well for me:

th_classic.jpg

link to bigger pic

I have the older version of these, the bauer SB60, but for my liking the actual shoulder caps didnt offer enough protection for contact-hockey.

So i took the caps off and sewed my old bauer 4000 caps on!

-> perfect shoulder pads :D

super lightweight chest-protection with great shoulder- and biceps protection!

look under the bicept pads, theres another set of plastic caps.

Oh! Haha, indeed there are the boob guards. I think I need a set of those...

I could see these being popular in the Beer leauges...

I can't believe they sell a version of this in Europe, yet won't bring it to the North American market. There has to be more to their decision than it's too expensive for the North American market. We spend 5-6 hundred bucks for skates, drop 2 and a 1/2 on sticks and over a hundred for a helmet. There is obviously a market or people wouldn't be buying Cooper/Bauer SBD II and IIIs' off Ebay like they were padded with crack.

I think NBH, RBK, Easton and CCm think the core hockey buyer is looking for a shiny, blingy, exoskeleton immobilization device for shoulder pads. They choose either purposely or ignorantly to ignore the part of the market that wants function over form.

If you guys bothered to read the thread, you will see that it is a prostock item that is not available to retailers to order.

I could've sworn I saw these at my lhs a few weeks back. For some reason my recollection of this is pretty hazy even though the instance should have been more memorable since I've been actively looking to check out a pair. I sort of remember explaining the backstory of these pads to my teammate, but hell maybe I just dreamt the whole thing up.

I tried to get a friend from Switzerland to import some for me, but he ignored my email, probably because he thought I was nutty for asking. They most likely would have been the European version anyway, which, if I recall correctly from JR's posts, come with one pair of caps (North American comes with two different pairs). Also, there's no mention of Nike grip print nor dri-fit lining, so I'd assume that they don't have those features either. Still, would have been nice to get a pair of those for $80 US.

I tried to get a friend from Switzerland to import some for me, but he ignored my email, probably because he thought I was nutty for asking. They most likely would have been the European version anyway, which, if I recall correctly from JR's posts, come with one pair of caps (North American comes with two different pairs). Also, there's no mention of Nike grip print nor dri-fit lining, so I'd assume that they don't have those features either. Still, would have been nice to get a pair of those for $80 US.

I managed to pick up a pair of the Bauer branded European versions off of EBay a few months back. Mine have Dri-fit with no grip print and only came with one set of removable caps (larger wrap around style).

As mentioned earlier in the post, these shoulders are solid updated version of the Bauer pro pad (especially around the collarbone). However, that doesn't mean they are for everyone.

For those considerning trying to find a pair: (1) these shoulder pads are overkill for most non-contact beer leaguers (the clavicle area is extremely stiff/protective) & (2) I have had some fit issues with the larger caps. I think my shoulders are just too broad for the wrap around style. I would be curious to see how the smaller traditional caps fit in comparison. If I get brave enough, I may pull a JR & try a game sans caps.