Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

badkitty yes the Salming skates are defiantly under rated. I think the boot is Amazing and the sprung frame is great.

man ,thats a sweet set up.im waiting to see what skate co.is going to step up to the plate and make a good inline skate with the sprung frames,so who has the nads?rbk,nike,what about graf?easton?come on make the skate -lead the way.i can see aton of kids and adults wearing these frames.

can these things stand up to a season? they look weak and being a plastic concerns me, however I am super interested, I have a pair of vapor XV's i am planning on converting when I get my new Mission 110 AG's for ice

can these things stand up to a season? they look weak and being a plastic concerns me, however I am super interested, I have a pair of vapor XV's i am planning on converting when I get my new Mission 110 AG's for ice

Are you referring to the F1's? If so, I've been using mine an average of three times a week for 2.5 years. I'd estimate that they have about 90% of the original rigidity.

Very nice looking conversion, Hoff. I've had people ask me whether the skates could be changed to inline; the only fair response I could give is that an inliner told me he thought they'd be able to be swapped. Now we know.

Nice to see some support for Salming on the roller side. I took the tblades off of mine and put tuuk+s on them a few weeks ago (for ice). The boots are amazing, WAY underrated IMO.

BK, when they cancelled the skate line I had mixed feelings. I was overburdened with inventory, so it wasn't as though I was going to buy another 500 without having the dealer network to absorb them. However, I knew they were a great skate for the price. (I had a couple of retailers who marked them at $225-$250.)

Are you referring to the F1's? If so, I've been using mine an average of three times a week for 2.5 years. I'd estimate that they have about 90% of the original rigidity.

I think he was concerned about the chassis durablity.

Yep, they can take it. They come with one of the only full year warranties in the biz. And if you do get wall crashed badly and break a rear rocker, you can replace it in a few minutes. We have samples with well over 600 hours of wear and tear that have outlasted the boots by far. Probably two rocker arms fixed during that time.

And they come with spare parts cause the dealers aren't set up yet. When they are, they'll have spare parts and will be able to replace anything you break for free. If you loose a part that's different. They'll still have the parts and they'll be very reasonable.

Very nice looking conversion, Hoff. I've had people ask me whether the skates could be changed to inline; the only fair response I could give is that an inliner told me he thought they'd be able to be swapped. Now we know.

Thank you everyone for your comments on my skates and Yea Jason converting them was easy.

i am putting these suckers thru the test every time i use them,so far i slipped twice into the corners front wheels first,(pretty hard into the boards)and one hard shot to the side of the frame,so far so good- thank goodness,i dont want any set backs. also5 games into season,wheels seem to be wearing evenly.

Nice to see some support for Salming on the roller side. I took the tblades off of mine and put tuuk+s on them a few weeks ago (for ice). The boots are amazing, WAY underrated IMO.

BK, when they cancelled the skate line I had mixed feelings. I was overburdened with inventory, so it wasn't as though I was going to buy another 500 without having the dealer network to absorb them. However, I knew they were a great skate for the price. (I had a couple of retailers who marked them at $225-$250.)

Can you still keep these boots? Please give me info....

Can you still keep these boots? Please give me info....

I'm not sure if I understand your question. Are you asking me whether I'll be able to keep the boots for sale?

If that is your question, the answer is 'No' for two reasons. Salming discontinued the skates last year. And then they didn't play nicely and took away the distributorship from me. Whatever stock I have remaining are most likely the only Salming skates available anywhere.

Im going to NY in Dec (about the 242547249th time I've said that, I know) and was surfing the net for stores (online or not) to buy Salming stuff and I got nudda. What is the deal with this brand? I wanna try it out honestly but I cannot find it anywhere. I know they took the rights away from you SalmingUSA, but its a brand that looks and sounds decent in the quality stakes.

Right tried out these frames for the first time tonight so heres my mini review

Background

Been playing hockey for about 4-5 years. Play roller multiple times a week. Hardly play ice. So this is coming from an inliners point of view. Play roller hockey for Great britain so its at a high level. Coming from a hilo and mounted on an S500 carbon boot.

Im 5'11'' about 11 stone.

Right, got these on with Revision golds on the outside, hyper trinitys on the inside.

Right off the bat these were great, no problems getting used to them. which is one of the main things i was worried about as I have an international tournament in 10 days! The speed was amazing! a noticable increase over the Hilo, Especially when skating backwards.

You can feel the skates rockering for tigher turns, even on one foot while doing crossovers. I had no problems with backwards crossover like someone else did (kovalchuck i think)

Stopping was similar to before, but then i play on ice court that isnt usually too grippy.

Ill post pics soon, and if anyone got any questions feel free to ask.

Oh yeah keith, am i the only person in England with these frames?

Right tried out these frames for the first time tonight so heres my mini review

Background

Been playing hockey for about 4-5 years. Play roller multiple times a week. Hardly play ice. So this is coming from an inliners point of view. Play roller hockey for Great britain so its at a high level. Coming from a hilo and mounted on an S500 carbon boot.

Im 5'11'' about 11 stone.

Right, got these on with Revision golds on the outside, hyper trinitys on the inside.

Right off the bat these were great, no problems getting used to them. which is one of the main things i was worried about as I have an international tournament in 10 days! The speed was amazing! a noticable increase over the Hilo, Especially when skating backwards.

You can feel the skates rockering for tigher turns, even on one foot while doing crossovers. I had no problems with backwards crossover like someone else did (kovalchuck i think)

Stopping was similar to before, but then i play on ice court that isnt usually too grippy.

Ill post pics soon, and if anyone got any questions feel free to ask.

Oh yeah keith, am i the only person in England with these frames?

Ash,

I am currently using the ccm pf10's tri-di set up and I am a little nervous in converting to these frames.

How does the weight compare to what you were wearing before? Any big difference? Any issues?

I have an old pair of ccm mavericks in good shape and a pair of graf 705's for ice. Any boot that you know of to stay away from when converting. thanks. B)

Ash,

I am currently using the ccm pf10's tri-di set up and I am a little nervous in converting to these frames.

How does the weight compare to what you were wearing before? Any big difference? Any issues?

I have an old pair of ccm mavericks in good shape and a pair of graf 705's for ice. Any boot that you know of to stay away from when converting. thanks. B)

Unfortunately i havent skated on the PF10's or the tri-di So i cant come from that perspective, but Coming from HiLo I switched very easily.

What things are you nervous about?

the weight of each frame is 7.6oz i think. Which feels a lot lighter than the Penetrator chassis i had before. It may also be that it uses all 76 rather than some 80's.

AS for converting, Im not much of an expert on this. I had a bit of a problem, where he put on of the back coppers in at an angle so its pushing out the boot a bit ( ill post pics soon ) But the LHS over here in England are no way near as good at converting as people in america or places like that.

Any other questions feel free.

As previous people have said this is the REAL DEAL! I mainly wanted the frames out of curiosity.... i thought it would end up being another gimmick like the V-form or to a certtain extent the vibe chassis (although i know somepeople like them). But this is awesome!

Have a pair of Vector 10's with Red Star Alloys, and Graf 705's with the Sprung frame.

You can notice the difference easily in weight, but it doesn't mean you skate faster on the Alloys frames.

Backwards crossovers were really easy for me, no problem adjusting, but you can feel the springs while doing the motion, which is probably what bothered Kovy.

Keith: The mounting instructions were/are ingenious! Perfect mount on both skates and it only took 2mins to draw the lines up.

My friend, who is a seasoned mounter, was very impressed with the simplecity,

and the mounting marks/circles on the frame. (seems alitte confusing while reading, but makes perfect sense in pratice)

And lastly, which wheels on the frames wear fastest, and how should they be interchanged?

Have a pair of Vector 10's with Red Star Alloys, and Graf 705's with the Sprung frame.

If you haven't put up pics, could you please put them up? Thanks.

And lastly, which wheels on the frames wear fastest, and how should they be interchanged?

I seem to wear out the rears the fastest. You can rotate them into either of the two center positions.

finally got my frames, after the post office failed to notify me of my shipment :angry: !

Will post pics as soon as I find a nice pair of boots to put them on. Can't wait to try them on!

Keith: The mounting instructions were/are ingenious! Perfect mount on both skates and it only took 2mins to draw the lines up.

My friend, who is a seasoned mounter, was very impressed with the simplecity,

and the mounting marks/circles on the frame. (seems alitte confusing while reading, but makes perfect sense in pratice)

Did you guys get mounting instructions included with your frames, or are they posted online? I didn't see any written instructions or anything in my package.