Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

phantom -

Those Eastons are really clean. Good work putting those together. Well worth your trouble getting them into the U.S.

Thank guys for the props.. it's almost hard to wear them. I'd almost rather just spend my days fondelling them :D

My last ccm's were the old vector ZG's. I know there are some pictures of them if you go back in the thread.

I know there is a thread RE AIHL and PIHA, and though our pro team, the San Diego Voodoo, is in the AIHL, it is only because of how we grew. We have most excellent long time friends at PIHA and they are doing the right thing, same as AIHL amongst the people they grew with. Both provide a pro destination that is necessary for any player that continues to stick out, often in ice and roller. Maybe some day they will end up playing each other in playoffs each year. There are other sports out there with more than one league per continent, and they don't seem to fly apart quite as often or as thoroughly as ice hockey.

With that muttered, I have gotten some letters from PIHA players wishing there was some sort of easier way to own Sprungs. And, Voila, it's done. We will give the same 50% off to PIHA players that we provide to AIHL players (most of whom do not know of this yet). You will need to provide proof you are on a team, not trying out. Shipping is cheaper with multipacks, so you might want to keep that in mind if you have like-minded buds on your team. ;)

I was just wondering, i know the answer to my question somewhere in the 160 pgs of this thread but, me and my brother were thinking about picking up these chassis' and i'm 220 and he's 250, is there any weight limit or should they perform to their specs??

I've been riding on the Old prototype Sprungs for a few years now. the all 76mm black frames. But i've broken quite a few of the arms. Happened again in my games yesterday.

few quick questions.

Are the new frames a lot stronger?

And also which should I go for? What are the benefits of the all 80 set up over the 76mm?

Thanks

Ash

I've been riding on the Old prototype Sprungs for a few years now. the all 76mm black frames. But i've broken quite a few of the arms. Happened again in my games yesterday.

few quick questions.

And also which should I go for? What are the benefits of the all 80 set up over the 76mm?

Thanks

Ash

have you taken a look at the website? They show the difference in the size of the new vs old style rockers. The photo looks pretty convincing to me.

As for all 80 vs all 76, the differences would be more grip and speed with all 80's, better maneuverability with all 76.

If i got the 80mm set up and felt like i wanted more maneuverability would puttin 76's on that frame work in a similar way to the all 76 frame?

I know it wouldnt be as good because of the longer wheel base and stuff, but would it work better than the 80's?

I can't say from experience, but I would guess that the difference between all 76 and all 80 on the a8 frame is marginal. Although maybe you would feel the difference in 4mm of wheelbase. I know for me I put a 76 up front in my hummr chassis for the hell of it and didn't notice anything. Then I went back to 80s and had trouble transitioning to backwards. So that small difference was worth it in the end. Of course we always get used to the setup after a while.

ash_96 Posted Today, 03:22 AM

few quick questions.

Thanks

Ash

As stated already the main differences between the A8 and A6 will be a longer wheel base with the A8 (possibly more speed) and more mobility with the A6. I'd say go for the A6 if you have an 8.5 skate or below as that'll be a better match for your boot...if you have a bigger foot and wear a 10.5 or above then the A8 is your best bet. If you're in between then waiting for the new A7 would likely be best.

As far as the strength of the frames the only issues I had were with the knuckles of the rocker arms and I believe that was caused during the baking process of my Torspos - Keith (Sprungster) provided great customer service and responded to the issue right away - I had some new rocker arms in about a week and I'm in Toronto, Canada and Keith is in Southern California. Other than that isolated incident the rocker arms and chassis have held up very well and I'm 6'2" 215lbs and think I give them a pretty good workout.

Yeah thats the only problems I've had with the rocker arms, they snapped near the joint.

I think i've broken 3 maybe 4 now though this was the older model.

I think i probably will get another set of sprungs soon, but living in england shipping, tax and duties and stuff make it fairly expensive.

I know there is a thread RE AIHL and PIHA, and though our pro team, the San Diego Voodoo, is in the AIHL, it is only because of how we grew. We have most excellent long time friends at PIHA and they are doing the right thing, same as AIHL amongst the people they grew with. Both provide a pro destination that is necessary for any player that continues to stick out, often in ice and roller. Maybe some day they will end up playing each other in playoffs each year. There are other sports out there with more than one league per continent, and they don't seem to fly apart quite as often or as thoroughly as ice hockey.

With that muttered, I have gotten some letters from PIHA players wishing there was some sort of easier way to own Sprungs. And, Voila, it's done. We will give the same 50% off to PIHA players that we provide to AIHL players (most of whom do not know of this yet). You will need to provide proof you are on a team, not trying out. Shipping is cheaper with multipacks, so you might want to keep that in mind if you have like-minded buds on your team. ;)

This sponsorship should be announced on piha’s and aihl’s website! Not only will it promote Sprung but it will also let everyone in both leagues know about it.

This sponsorship should be announced on piha’s and aihl’s website! Not only will it promote Sprung but it will also let everyone in both leagues know about it.

I 100% agree.

Okay, I'm having some difficulty tweaking my A6's picThe wheels wiggle ever so slightly, and as such they rattle when I skate. I went through this thread, and found a few posts on the same problem. I bought and installed floating spacers, but still have the rattle. Yes, the axles are tightened up properly.

What should I try next? Some thin teflon or plastic washers? Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

First thing to do is take them all off and shake each one to see if it rattles. If it does, then it's either the floating spacer being too short (less than .40"), or sloppy bearings in the race. If the spacers are too long (more than .40"), the bearings can't seat properly, and the wheel will snap from one bearing seat to the other as you skate and make a lot of noise, and stretch the bearing seats so the wheel will wobble, too. If the spacers are too long or short for particular wheels, it may have nothing to do with the width of the spacers, but the wheel width and the bearing seat, and the different plastics, etc, etc, etc. The bearing size came first, and everybody, including us, tries to match up.

The specs are: .27 (bearing width) X 2 + .40 (spacer) = .94". The space between the bearing faces on all rocker arms is .94" with the axle locked tight, so if everything is the right size, you can't over tighten a wheel, only lock up and ruin the axle or nut. Anything with different measurements is going to show up after a while if not immediately. I hear jangly wheels and bearings on skates at every rink I ever go to. Sometimes new out of the box.

I purchased new bearings, with no change in the wiggle, so I'm ordering in some new wheels to put on as well. In the interim, I traced the bearing diameter onto heavy paper (file folders, actually) and cut it out to make a spacer to fit inside the wheel before seating the bearing. It's eliminated the issue with no obvious problems - wheel alignment is still correct, the wheels mount into the arms easily, the bearings spin freely, and most importantly the suspension is still carving solid stable lines out on the court. Is there any problem I'm potentially causing with the chassis by doing this?

Grinder...is it just one wheel? Sounds like the wheel is out of spec. Did you try swapping with a different wheel to see if the issues moves with the wheel?

Yeah, it's identical problem with all 8 wheels. I would say it's the wheels being out of spec. I'd tried everything else, and figured what the hell, let's see what happens if I widen the bearing seating by a mm. My only concern would be widening the arms too much and creating unhealthy pressure on the pivots. But, like I said, the wheels didn't require any effort to seat in the arms. Thanks for the tips.

Yeah, it's identical problem with all 8 wheels. I would say it's the wheels being out of spec. I'd tried everything else, and figured what the hell, let's see what happens if I widen the bearing seating by a mm. My only concern would be widening the arms too much and creating unhealthy pressure on the pivots. But, like I said, the wheels didn't require any effort to seat in the arms. Thanks for the tips.

Good idea! It's not enough to hurt the arms any. The two paper washers only add up to half a mm, and will compress some from there. I used to grind the down floating spacers until the bearings were seated, but the paper washers are better cause the bearing faces will be far enough out for the axles to work correctly.

image00055fk1.jpg

My 8Ks with A8s finally mounted. First game in them with the new chassis on them was this past Thursday, and they skate like a dream. Truly awesome product.

Keith,

Could you get us an update on the status of the A7's. Just curious as they are planned as part of a christmas present for my oldest son. Also I know that you have been tied up with the foot, but is there still a plan to move forward with a junior size frame? Thanks for all your contributions here.

Keith,

Could you get us an update on the status of the A7's. Just curious as they are planned as part of a christmas present for my oldest son. Also I know that you have been tied up with the foot, but is there still a plan to move forward with a junior size frame? Thanks for all your contributions here.

I'm expecting fresh word today, but still looks like shipping the first week of December. We might have a better idea RE Jr and goalie frames, after the Vegas show, in January.

Any buds or lurkers in HK? My China partner is thinking about doing a team there with the factory uniforms... and very inexpensive skates! I know nothing about the territory, except that I think a travel league would have nightly sellout crowds in every factory district I've ever seen in mainland China. Four teams and a lot of barnstorming like the early Globetrotters. Rollerworld.

I'm expecting fresh word today, but still looks like shipping the first week of December. We might have a better idea RE Jr and goalie frames, after the Vegas show, in January.

Thanks for the update.

So my friend plays for one of the PIHA teams by me and a buddy of his gave him some vapor XX's mounted on a A6 chassis. Needless to say looking inside the boot they were my size... :) I just had to slip them onto my feet. He has a tile floor in his apartment. I've skated on Hi-lo's since 8th grade and I put them on even just in his apartment they felt awesome. If I decide to get back into roller I have a feeling I know what I will be skating on.

image00055fk1.jpg

My 8Ks with A8s finally mounted. First game in them with the new chassis on them was this past Thursday, and they skate like a dream. Truly awesome product.

Just out of curiosity, why put the softer wheels in back?

Had no idea that the red ones were the softer wheels, there's no real number system on them or anywhere else that i could find to indicate that. It probably explains the little bit of problem I've had with slipping on my stops. Thanks for the heads up!