Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jimmy

KOR Shift 1 and 2

though the skate is well overdue... patience is a virtue. how bout waiting until the skate is available, then we can get into the discussions of what modifications can be done. and as for asking for an actual inline skate, again, the hockey skate is not even finished yet. again wait til the skate is finished, then ask the questions.

and just to stir the pot a little more... i should have my shift 2's sometime this month!

Well overdue is a bad thing! Retailers getting skates in January is a waste. As a sales rep you of all people should know the big skate buying seasons are July-Aug and Nov-dec. Missing that is a big mistake by Kor, duh, everyone has their new skates by then. I can't tell you how many customers GAVE UP waiting for Kors and are now wearing something else. I'll prob cancel all my booking and try again for mid 2007.

though the skate is well overdue... patience is a virtue. how bout waiting until the skate is available, then we can get into the discussions of what modifications can be done. and as for asking for an actual inline skate, again, the hockey skate is not even finished yet. again wait til the skate is finished, then ask the questions.

and just to stir the pot a little more... i should have my shift 2's sometime this month!

Will you be posting pics for those of us who are patiently waiting? :)

though the skate is well overdue... patience is a virtue.  how bout waiting until the skate is available, then we can get into the discussions of what modifications can be done.  and as for asking for an actual inline skate, again, the hockey skate is not even finished yet.  again wait til the skate is finished, then ask the questions.

Well overdue is a bad thing! Retailers getting skates in January is a waste. As a sales rep you of all people should know the big skate buying seasons are July-Aug and Nov-dec. Missing that is a big mistake by Kor, duh, everyone has their new skates by then. I can't tell you how many customers GAVE UP waiting for Kors and are now wearing something else. I'll prob cancel all my booking and try again for mid 2007.

jimmy... you are correct. i never said that the timing was good.

the only thing i will say, is that the big 3 have chosen to release skates late in the season, november/december and product has sold. i understand your frustration. i have to face the dealers that are in the same boat as you. the only real positive i can say is that i would rather they release them in January and be an incredible skate, then bring them out in july/september and they be crap. you may lose some sales by being late, but you will lose more sales by releasing a poor product.

my only comment is rather then trying to figure out what modifications can be made to the skate, lets wait til the skate is done to figure that stuff out.

as for pics, i guess it depends on the timing and dealer response

though the skate is well overdue... patience is a virtue.  how bout waiting until the skate is available, then we can get into the discussions of what modifications can be done.  and as for asking for an actual inline skate, again, the hockey skate is not even finished yet.  again wait til the skate is finished, then ask the questions.

jimmy... you are correct. i never said that the timing was good.

the only thing i will say, is that the big 3 have chosen to release skates late in the season, november/december and product has sold. i understand your frustration. i have to face the dealers that are in the same boat as you. the only real positive i can say is that i would rather they release them in January and be an incredible skate, then bring them out in july/september and they be crap. you may lose some sales by being late, but you will lose more sales by releasing a poor product.

my only comment is rather then trying to figure out what modifications can be made to the skate, lets wait til the skate is done to figure that stuff out.

as for pics, i guess it depends on the timing and dealer response

The point is, retailers don't need or want skates, good or bad in January. What, so they can sit on shelves for 4-5 months. Kor should simply cancel the 2006 year and deliver their final product in April 07.

Does anyone know a for sure date the Shift 2 will be coming out? I need new skates bad and I want the shift 1's but I don't want to buy them then have the 2's come out and be a million times better.

Does anyone know a for sure date the Shift 2 will be coming out? I need new skates bad and I want the shift 1's but I don't want to buy them then have the 2's come out and be a million times better.

The Shift 2 is a different skate than the Shift 1 from what I have been told.

The Shift 2 is a different skate than the Shift 1 from what I have been told.

yeah I've heard the same

We called today and were told that it will debut at the shows in January and will be made available shortly thereafter.

I'm curious to see who the first pro will be to wear the Shift 2 skates. I am surprised thow that whoever it will be is not wearing them now to cause a buzz and some excitment. Any guesses who it will be????

Seriously, who cares?

KOR can't get their shit right. They wouldn't even have a skate if a pro asked them for one.

They missed the boat. It is sounding like Easton finally got it right on the S15.

Shift1 is being blown out for $200 here in town.

Seriously, who cares?

KOR can't get their shit right. They wouldn't even have a skate if a pro asked them for one.

They missed the boat. It is sounding like Easton finally got it right on the S15.

With their R&D budget it only took them four tries to get it right? S15 still looks like ass, regardless.

Seriously, who cares?

Personally I think Kor got it right with the Shift 1. I've had my skates for nearly a year now and don't have one complaint about them. I may be one of the lucky ones. But, these are the best skates I've ever owned and if something did happen to them that was beyond repair the first thing I would do is look for another pair of Kor's.

What's the point in hurrying to put out a flawed product?

Seriously, who cares?

Personally I think Kor got it right with the Shift 1. I've had my skates for nearly a year now and don't have one complaint about them. I may be one of the lucky ones. But, these are the best skates I've ever owned and if something did happen to them that was beyond repair the first thing I would do is look for another pair of Kor's.

What's the point in hurrying to put out a flawed product?

I couldn't agree more. If they had continued to have production done in China I don't believe there would have been the same delay getting the Shift2 to market. From what I was told the issues stem from their desire to produce their gear in their own production facility and issues with the Chinese facility.

While I agree with both of you guys, it was not the point I was trying to make. Nowhere in my post did I say it was not a bad skate. They had a prime opportunity and the delay of the Shift2 has hurt them.

While I agree with both of you guys, it was not the point I was trying to make. Nowhere in my post did I say it was not a bad skate. They had a prime opportunity and the delay of the Shift2 has hurt them.

Couldn't agree more. It will take some luck for this not to kill them.

Couldn't agree more. It will take some luck for this not to kill them.

That blows. I really like my Shift 1's and wanted to stay with Kor when they eventually need replacing.

Very true. I totally agree with that. I guess the bottom line is that until an NHL'er has them on their feet the masses aren't going to want them. I guess that's just the way it is. I'm the only one that has them where I play at and although some guys have asked about them that's as far as it's gone. Maybe if I was a better player that would be different. lol!!!!

Of course I don't see a lot of guys using TPS sticks where I'm at either. But, I just think that they are the ones missing out! The same goes for these skates.

WOW!!

I'm sorry I missed all the chat yesterday. I find it funny that knowone from Kor or one of their reps has spoken up. Although $200.00 sounds like a GREAT DEAL on a pair of Shit-1's. Where is this and do they have them in a size 10?