Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jimmy

KOR Shift 1 and 2

So which of the two would fit more similar to a Graf 705? Sorry I have never tryed on a pair of Shift 1's before.

Unlike "normal" skates they will really mold to fit your foot. Unless you have an abnormally wide foot, they will work for you.

probbally the shift 2 its deeper

If you don't know what you're talking about, don't guess.

Chadd; Will the Shift 1 or 2 fit more like a 705 in the sence of which skate is higher? I cosider my 705 to be fairly low. Would I be correct saying that?

Just trying to learn as much as I can.

The Shift one should feel closer but I have not worn a shift two yet.

Sorry, but I didn't want to make a new topic.  Is Mission a Parent of Kor or something.  I have never heard of their line of skates before. :blink:

No. Do a search.

SRI,

I'm assuming that your a rep or have some conection with Kor. Is this true?

Sorry, but I didn't want to make a new topic. Is Mission a Parent of Kor or something. I have never heard of their line of skates before. :rolleyes:

No Kor is it' own separate company. The only reason you'll see Mission mentioned with them a lot is because Kor uses Mission Pitch 3 holders and blades on their skates.

SRI, sorry but it would have been just as easy to answer the question like that rather than say to use search.

Their website is www.korhockey.com

It hasn't been updated with the new line yet though.

True, but the last topic on these skates ended up being like 19 pages long with a whole slew of different things. I also don't remember the fact that Kor and Mission being separate companies being covered.

I just thought it would have been easier to answer in this case.

True, but the last topic on these skates ended up being like 19 pages long with a whole slew of different things. I also don't remember the fact that Kor and Mission being separate companies being covered.

I just thought it would have been easier to answer in this case.

Yes, sometimes doing a search is way too much work. Too much garbage to filter through. I was on another board (automobile related) and asked a question. People keep telling me to search. Duh, I searched and went thru 30+ pages of garbage and did not find the answer I was looking for. People spend the same amount of time telling you to search, even give you keywords, when they easily could have answered the question. Besides many searches bring up antiquated or outdated info.

As for KOR, isn't the 3 letters too small for the search engine to recognize?

I talked to the guys at Kor, and they said the shift 2 should be in stores by the end of September. However, that was a month ago, and I havn't seen the shift 2 in stores or on the website. Anyone have any more current info on these skates?

Any update on an ETA of the Shift 2?

Talked to the guys at Kor today and they said the release date is now mid November. I was also told "The Shift 2 will be lighter with more support and better stability" and that they "apologize for all of the delays but we want to make sure it will be the best skate ever produced" Can't wait to check this skate out!

I asked about inline and they replied: 'Kor is working on a number of inline skate designs and I must say they all look great.'

nummer55 Posted on Oct 25 2006, 04:31 PM

I asked about inline and they replied: 'Kor is working on a number of inline skate designs and I must say they all look great.' 

Hmm...I wonder what chassis they're going to use. I love my KOR Shift 1 ice skates, but roller hockey conversion isn't practical with those. I've been using the rocker chassis for a while, but am going to try out the new Sprung chassis as I have the new model preordered. I was thinking of waiting for the new KORS to come out to use with that chassis, but picked up a pair of L7s for a great price so will use those for now...but KORs with a Sprung chassis sound like a great future combo to me.

Called Kor today and it's looking like the end of Jan. for the Shift 2. Working on the finishing touches of the upper. Also have a couple of Pro's possibly wearing them.

What about Inlineskates, any news on that?

I'd buy Kor's in a heatbeat for my deform feet if I can slap a chassis on them (shift2's) or buy them as a inlineskate.

Called Kor today and it's looking like the end of Jan. for the Shift 2. Working on the finishing touches of the upper. Also have a couple of Pro's possibly wearing them.

As much as I like the guys at Kor, I have to wonder if the Hefter is going to see the light of day before the Shift2.

Does anyone know if you'll be able to put an inline chassis on the new Shift 1s or will they remain the same? I'm already happy with the cut of my Shift 1s and feel no need to get a higher cut boot so I'm hoping the Shift 1s are being changed too so they can be converted.

though the skate is well overdue... patience is a virtue. how bout waiting until the skate is available, then we can get into the discussions of what modifications can be done. and as for asking for an actual inline skate, again, the hockey skate is not even finished yet. again wait til the skate is finished, then ask the questions.

and just to stir the pot a little more... i should have my shift 2's sometime this month!