Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jimmy

KOR Shift 1 and 2

June for the Shift 2's? How can Kor be considered a viable player in the skate market? I had the Shift 1's. Loved 'em but could not get used to the low profile. Targeted the Shift 2's but HAD to get new skates as my old Vapor's fell apart. They are really missing the mark!

People will always need to buy new skates...if the skates are good, they will earn their market share over an 18-24 month period..

People will always need to buy new skates...if the skates are good, they will earn their market share over an 18-24 month period..

Yes and no. It's much harder for a small company to earn market share no matter how good a product is. It's also a smart idea for Kor to ship the Shift 2, it's a new model and people prefer new products.

I received the following today from Vince at Kor:

"I sincerely apologize for all of the delays.

My North American sales force will receive their samples next week.

All Shift 2 skate sizes will be completed by the end of this month, with a

release date to the retailers by May. This is a firm timeline."

I love my Shift 1's something crazy, but will probably be drooling over the Shift 2's.

Damn too durable Kor! Skate isn't even remotely ready for replacement yet!

most people have never heard of Kor, regardless if the Shift 1 is a "new" product or not..

its like when someone wins a grammy for "Best New Artist" when they have been toiling for years..

most people have never heard of Kor, regardless if the Shift 1 is a "new" product or not..

its like when someone wins a grammy for "Best New Artist" when they have been toiling for years..

ala Kid Rock.

for Johnpace: though there will be upgrades and modifications with the shift 2, if you are happy with your shift 1's then don't worry too much. you will be fine with what you have.

I received the following today from Vince at Kor:

"I sincerely apologize for all of the delays.

My North American sales force will receive their samples next week.

All Shift 2 skate sizes will be completed by the end of this month, with a

release date to the retailers by May. This is a firm timeline."

Thanks for the update. Cant wait to try them on. Hope they will have been worth the LONG WAIT.

Thanks. I've never really done too much skate shopping, usually just got handmedowns, and the Externos for Xmas, so what other skate would i be able to find to try on to get my size right? I'm in VA, so I don't have any Kor vendors nearby

Kor's are like 1½ size's up from this years CCM model.

Alot of guys i know went down ½size in CCM skates when they went from Vector Pro's to Vector 10.0's.

So 7½ Vector Pro = 7 Vector 10.0 = 8½ Kor.

Thanks. I've never really done too much skate shopping, usually just got handmedowns, and the Externos for Xmas, so what other skate would i be able to find to try on to get my size right? I'm in VA, so I don't have any Kor vendors nearby

i got my kor skates from the hockey shop. they sell them but have limited sizes and they can order more. just get ready to be ripped off and to have the staff go for lunch on ya when your baking the skates.. <_<

I'm not worried about that... i'm gonna get mine from the hockey shop too, for 370 (unless someone here knows of a better deal), but i'm going to bake mine myself

Not a good idea. Why would you take that chance with 370.00 skates? Just let them bake them, or if you are ordering them online, pay the baking fee at your lhs and get them done.

Not a good idea. Why would you take that chance with 370.00 skates? Just let them bake them, or if you are ordering them online, pay the baking fee at your lhs and get them done.

I don't really see much of a difference between me and my lhs... all it really takes is an oven capable of a low setting

As far as durability goes. I've had mine for over a year now. I got mine in early December of 2005 and they are still in great shape. I play 2-3 times a week. I got mine from Jimmy who posts on here and then drove 2 hours to Chad's shop to have them baked.

I will never wear a different brand of skate again (unless they stop making them). Worth every penny. Best fit ever.

As far as durability goes. I've had mine for over a year now. I got mine in early December of 2005 and they are still in great shape. I play 2-3 times a week. I got mine from Jimmy who posts on here and then drove 2 hours to Chad's shop to have them baked.

I will never wear a different brand of skate again (unless they stop making them). Worth every penny. Best fit ever.

Funny, I did the EXACT same thing about this time last year so I am up to one full year on the skates.

I feel the same way you do. Wonderful skates.

I can echo the durability. I've had mine for about a year and a half and they are holding up great. Stiffness is still incredible. Took a puck to the upper half of the skate last night. Though it "stung" there was no damage...to skate or foot.

Bake for sure.

I'm like Keith. 10.5 Kor 11 mission

It must have been one hell of a shot. I blocked some pretty heavy slappers when I was wearing mine.

Well, just ordered mine off of thehockeyshop today... I really can't wait to see what all this commotion is about first-hand. I know it's not gonna be here for some time, but I'm going to be checking the mail every day anyways

Well, just ordered mine off of thehockeyshop today... I really can't wait to see what all this commotion is about first-hand. I know it's not gonna be here for some time, but I'm going to be checking the mail every day anyways

You're ordering Shift 2's for $370?